Given the compressed season - hardworking teams will do badly

Marcus

As above. I wonder whether for this weird season, whether the teams which can expend the least energy to win will do better. So instead of looking at which team runs the most, it is the team which runs the least and still can win which will lift the title at the end of the season. Because the teams which run the most will basically lose many players to injuries.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t necessarily think running a lot equates to more injuries, or rather, expending less energy will save a side. It’s more luck than anything else at this point.

Marcus

I guess linked to this is that teams which have the largest squads and can rotate more will also do well. Squad management will win the day. So even hard pressing teams may have to modify the way they play just to save their players.

Marcus

I don’t necessarily think running a lot equates to more injuries, or rather, expending less energy will save a side. It’s more luck than anything else at this point.
Luck always plays a part. But let's put impact injuries aside, muscular injuries surely will mount in this season because of the sheer strain and little/no pre-season training.

Web of Bissaka

Depends on the meaning of "hardworking" here.

If it's full of runnings (as it is in OP) then yes, it seems likely that will be the case. In theory physically fatigue will happen more likely to energetic teams.

If it's full of concentration and organization, because it seriously need a lot of hardwork in preparation and mental focus, which can be draining. I mean even park the bus and organized press teams require a lot of hardwork. In theory mental fatigue will happen more likely to this reserved but focused pressing teams but they'll have enough physical tolerance to last until the season end.

Let's bump this thread let's say in late February?
Then we'll see if the hypothesis will be true or not.

Paul_Scholes18

Not playing in Europe should help teams more than usual. Still Liverpool will probably win it anyway.
They are best at getting the wins when playing like crap.