Giving Paul Pogba some love

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Give me a Utd player who's received the same level of toxic support. One who's had as much stories fabricated about him as Pogba ? I just don't remember.
Pogba comes in at one of the highest wages in the past 4 years with too much inconsistency and a dirt bag agent whom he fails to put a muzzle on.

Name me a comparable player in the squad with these vices and I will name you a player with the same toxicity when the chips are down.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Pogba comes in at one of the highest wages in the past 4 years with too much inconsistency and a dirt bag agent whom he fails to put a muzzle on.

Name me a comparable player in the squad with these vices and I will name you a player with the same toxicity when the chips are down.
I never said he was clean and blameless, he has his responsibility of course. I think you assumed I meant he was completely innocent but despite all of that, he's been the most scrutinized and criticized player I've ever seen.

Icemav

Top top talent but has been too inconsistent in the last five years.

This calendar year when fit his performances have been very good.

especially in the advanced midfield role.
He has been too inconsistent. The sad news for his detractors is that he seems to have improved markedly to the extent that he can play the holding midfield role (where he first struggled), box2box, or turn it on as an AM all whilst maintaining a high work rate and defending well. He also has the ability to completely dominate the opposition whatever the position and quite frankly take the piss out of them; importantly this is done with a purpose. He has in my opinion matured.

He may regress, he may not.... but at this moment in time we have one of the best and most unique players in the world and we would be utter morons to let him go as he is irreplaceable. He is obviously enjoying the football the team is playing presently and the quality of his teammates so I personally think he should at the very least commit to another year and review then whether he sees out his physical prime at United and then perhaps looks to a move in his 30s (Madrid, Juve). Might be the best scenario for all involved.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I never said he was clean and blameless, he has his responsibility of course. I think you assumed I meant he was completely innocent but despite all of that, he's been the most scrutinized and criticized player I've ever seen.
And he has circumstances unique to his own that doesn't help his cause. I don't think it's abnormal. He joined on a ridiculous fee and has only performed to those ridiculous heights around 50% of the time, and he has a scumbag agent who he refused to put a muzzle on, which will also be held to account against him.

Of course when he plays well in patches or prolonged form, he's praised massively. As of right now for example, since his return vs Milan all the pundits and commentators and fans have been in awe of his impact.

dabeast

I feel bad for Pogba. His best years were spent in bad teams and players of his quality only have arrived in the last year of his contract

But, he has been quite lucky otherwise. World Cups are not predictable and they only won because of all the other great players. He won Serie A but Juve won it every year.

He now has a choice to make which is not much of a choice if you ask me. Yesterday, PSG hammered Clermont. Real is playing Celta Vigo. Non-PL teams will suffer for some time.We are the sexiest team in the world now, one DM short of complete. So, not much of a choice at all for a player who doesn’t have the capability to drag a whole team by himself.

Pogba is a guy who cannot lead a team. He is still a boy and too interested in being liked and having a good time. Showing up post-match (when the next one is 2.5 days away) at a concert is not something that Messi/CR7 would ever do.

Yet, he (understandably) does want to win before his career is over. Varane is a ridiculously good defender. He is injury-prone but is otherwise perfect. Pogba will know this. He will see Sancho and Greenwood's talent and know that if he leaves we will just buy a couple of midfielders and still be at the top for the next few years.

Man Utd has already outsold PSG in Ronaldo vs Messi shirts (2:1). So, even if PSG give him a big bonus, they can't guarantee him glory. Only a historic club can and there are none that are in a position to challenge. Real, with aging Benzema/Modric/Kroos, no defence, and an untested Camavinga is not as sure a bet as us. By a long shot.

Let's give Pogba some love. He has waited a long time but his (and our) time to shine has come.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Have a word for your brother
Have some time for one another
Really love Paul Pogba
It's so hard to find