Giving Paul Pogba some love

Ranchero

Paul Pogba has his faults and his critics, me included, but right now he is playing with a freedom, creativity and more important, spirit that we all hoped he would show early on on his Old Trafford stint and i think we should push to get him to stay.

He might be feeling this is the time to be turning it on so he is in the shop window, if he is angling to leave, but i really do think it would be better for him to stay put.

It may well be that his price will be too hefty for Cpvid hit clubs anyway. Here's hoping.

All hail Paul Pogba.

DoomSlayer

If he plays like that and we make a couple quality acquisitions in the summer, the team is going places, no doubt. :drool:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's been showered with praise since he came back vs Milan, and he's been criticized when he's been poor.

Red_Aaron

I said it after the spurs game, if he performs like that every week we're title challengers as we are and I truly believe that.

Unfortunately for whatever reason (and there are seemingly an infinite number of those) he's not managed to produce the required consistency since rejoining us. He's had more troughs than peaks imo which is what's so frustrating.

KDB is the only midfielder in the country with similar talent levels and he performs week in week out for City.

I really hope Paul stays and kicks on with us but if he did leave I'm not sure we'd miss him that much over the course of the season

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He's been showered with praise since he came back vs Milan, and he's been criticized when he's been poor.
I agree, the Caf does go overboard with the Pogba hate and turns toxic at times.

I don't think any other player attracts the same level toxicity when playing bad.

Deery

Dreary
Good to see him trying hard and playing with a passion about him, either he wants a new contract (Hooray) or he’s trying to attract a suitor (Boo) so I’ll hold judgment until the summer.

GueRed

Top top talent but has been too inconsistent in the last five years.

This calendar year when fit his performances have been very good.

especially in the advanced midfield role.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Good to see him trying hard and playing with a passion about him, either he wants a new contract (Hooray) or he’s trying to attract a suitor (Boo) so I’ll hold judgment until the summer.
Same if he stays I will get behind him - if he goes then I'll wish him well and he's saved us 500k a week if you believe the papers.

SER19

A quick search will see how vocally I've criticised him. I've looked forward to his departure with glee. But his spells either side of recent injury are as good as hes been for us and, big if, if he could maintain that level then you'd have to want to keep him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Paul Pogba has his faults and his critics, me included, but right now he is playing with a freedom, creativity and more important, spirit that we all hoped he would show early on on his Old Trafford stint and i think we should push to get him to stay.

He might be feeling this is the time to be turning it on so he is in the shop window, if he is angling to leave, but i really do think it would be better for him to stay put.

It may well be that his price will be too hefty for Cpvid hit clubs anyway. Here's hoping.

All hail Paul Pogba.
He's been better lately, funny enough seems like his spirit has been lifted since we've had the situation with agent public statement about him leaving.

Whether we should push him to stay or not depends on our transfer options this summer. I can see this circus dragging to the last day.

What we should not do is to give him a new lucrative contract at all cost.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I agree, the Caf does go overboard with the Pogba hate and turns toxic at times.

I don't think any other player attracts the same level toxicity when playing bad.
Himself and his agent really have had the biggest say in how he is perceived. If they cared at all about what our fans thought of them then we simply wouldn’t be hearing half of it. I suppose it’s only right to get some extra stick when everyone in his entourage repeatedly state the player has outgrown the club and then he wasn’t even among the best players in games we should be winning, costing the team with low concentration low work rate and poor decisions. I think it’s normal for fans to react to that then up to a point.

His recent form on the left is getting right back up there though and the timing for us couldn’t be any better. I’m happy for him stay at this stage. I would have said sell at the start of this season but I don’t see the club finding a better and more versatile replacement for the right money. If he stays and he can stay fit he’ll be an important player for us again next season. We should really be using him to give Bruno the odd rest too

TrustInOle

From the same media cutout as his supposed "attack" on Jose. Bit more insight into his and Ole's relationship. I hope we fight tooth and nail to keep this guy. Exceptional footballer.

George the Cat

That’s because he is a hugely talented footballer probably the most talented we have but he seems not bothered far too often. If James plays bad people just say he isn’t that good anyway.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
From the same media cutout as his supposed "attack" on Jose. Bit more insight into his and Ole's relationship. I hope we fight tooth and nail to keep this guy. Exceptional footballer.

Seems like such a great guy, amazing how the media portrays him.

meamth

I said it after the spurs game, if he performs like that every week we're title challengers as we are and I truly believe that.

Unfortunately for whatever reason (and there are seemingly an infinite number of those) he's not managed to produce the required consistency since rejoining us. He's had more troughs than peaks imo which is what's so frustrating.

KDB is the only midfielder in the country with similar talent levels and he performs week in week out for City.

I really hope Paul stays and kicks on with us but if he did leave I'm not sure we'd miss him that much over the course of the season
He had some shocking performance level when returned from injury this season.

R77

He's a very good player when he's on it, and we could do with him. Hope he stays.

Seeing as he has wall to ceiling paintings of himself in a room in his house, and wants to make a documentary about himself like he's already a legend, I'd say he has enough love for now. Stay at Man Utd and help propel us to a title or three; sure, give him some more love by all means.

RedDevilzFox

Pretty much. Not sure why anyone feels players should be immune from criticism when they perform poorly or are inconsistent. PP has his fair share of both.

sp_107

Why you guys cant see he is playing for a new 500/600K contract which he wont get it anywhere outside....
Madird/PSG/Juve are no mugs to pay that amount as reportedly Riola is trying to get.

5 years here, he plays when he wants, Great player but I am not happy with his attitude.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is a weird player.

He is kind of a player I dont want to leave; but there's this part that thinks it wouldn't be so bad in the future after a replacement.

The player/ transfer time he reminds me most of is Phillip Coutinho when moving from Liverpool to Barcelona.

It may have looked like Liverpool were losing one of their best players - but what they did is become more balanced and replaced him with a player that suited the team more with all that extra money.

I'd be happy if he stays, if he goes I want some good money for it so we can buy a midfielder to progress with.

GueRed

He reminds me Juan Sebastian Veron (in the Premiership).

Gifted. And inconsistent.

Crashoutcassius

Playing him left wing is a good innovation , which works because Shaw can do the business consistently. Where does rashford play ? I don't care as long as we are better.

Lets us focus on our cm in a simple way, no more 'unlocking pogba' or can he play in a two etc. We have two good players that can play in a two, now sign players to compete with them insummer, sign a striker to replace cavani and extend pogba

Guapa

Hold my hand up.He is a decent player.Long may it continue.

arthurka

What I love about him recently is that Ole has been able to change the middle of the park to 2 players with Pogba included and has seen him working hard and committing to the task both defensively and in the attack. Pogba gives this team dinner unique traits that no other midfielder offers.

Rolaholic

Been glad to see him back fit and in the side, we look a much more threatening and well balanced side with him in the lineup.

Not sure what the future will bring but I still hold out hope that he'll sign a new deal for now so that we can really go all out for no.21 next season.

Feels like we're as close to genuinely challenging right now than we have been since Fergie's final season and that progress would be thrown a spanner if we had to replace him all of a sudden