Glaston gem on Bayern vs Spurs

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
One thing I'll say not to ruin the flow of the thread. It was fecking enjoyable to watch the match on BT with Hoddle and Jermaine Jenas (called JJ) getting their mouths shut by Bayern's 7 goals :lol:

They were insufferable at the start of the match boasting about Spurs.

Varun

Staff
Oh man :lol:

This thread needs renaming to get the proper attention.

GazTheLegend

I genuinely love Glaston. If he left here this forum would be like Star Wars without Vader

GGT

Surprised yo all missed a gem, the thread should be called "Glaston buried"

Reactions: Carolina Red

Johan07

As much I have tore into Glaston with a pint or two in me he actually contributes here in a fecking backwards entertaining delusional way. I would be happy to have him stay on here.
He is also balanced by more lucid posters as Squishy, Balaks and InLevyItrust as well.

432JuanMata

It’s funnier that other than the top 2 everyone else has been average in the league this season

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
As much I have tore into Glaston with a pint or two in me he actually contributes here in a fecking backwards entertaining delusional way. I would be happy to have him stay on here.
He is also balanced by more lucid posters as Squishy, Balaks and InLevyItrust as well.
This on all fronts

Irrational.

The quotes in question:

I think we have a chance. As in all cup competitions a lot depends on the draw. If we get Porto/Roma or Ajax then the chances of reaching the SF are good IMO. I wouldn't mind PSG or Bayern either.

If we do get to the SFs then who knows, anything can happen in football, especially when you have the world's best striker on your team and hopefully Alli back.
I'm saying that now - with the manager we have, the team we have, the stadium and training centre we have, the income we have and will have in a year from now, and with us playing in the world's most competitive and prestigious league - it's a sideways step to move from Spurs to playing for PSG, Juve or Bayern in inferior leagues that are more or less dominated by a single team in each case.

And I'm also saying that those clubs would struggle to finish in the top 4 were they to somehow join the Prem
:lol::lol::lol:

Well, we'll just have to disagree about this … especially re. PSG. Either Juve or Bayern might just squeak into the top 4. But PSG would be little better than mid-table … they flatter to deceive and wouldn't be able to handle the week-in and week out competitive pressure of the Prem, which is streets ahead of the cosy league that they're used to.
Never change, Glaston. :)

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I remember when he was bragging about a youth cup Spurs were winning that nobody cared about. He was bumping it a lot.

They ended up losing and he ghosted from the thread he created.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
The quotes in question:

:lol::lol::lol:

Never change, Glaston. :)
The full quote is even better, what a deluded idiot he is :lol:

'Juve, PSG and Bayern are a sideways step' 'PSG would be mid-table at best' 'Juve, Bayern will struggle to make Top 4'

lemmiwink

To be fair, his posts are not that outrageous. Spurs are having a really torrid time with internal conflicts and a manager that has pretty much checked out. Last years spurs would not lose 2-7 to Bayern. PSG would not get close to City or Liverpool in the prem, neither would Juve or Bayern. They would easily get top 4 though.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
To be fair, his posts are not that outrageous. Spurs are having a really torrid time with internal conflicts and a manager that has pretty much checked out. Last years spurs would not lose 2-7 to Bayern. PSG would not get close to City or Liverpool in the prem, neither would Juve or Bayern. They would easily get top 4 though.
Maybe Juve wouldnt just because the rythm of Serie A is so different but Bayern and PSG absolutely would challenge for the title in the PL. Neymar-Mbappe-Cavani would be a lot more motivated in the PL and would challenge Liverpool and City.