Music Glastonbury 2022

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
His album is great. I heard about him from reading a Pete Paphitis review absolutely raving about him as the next Bruce Springsteen. Little over the top but you can see where he’s coming from. He’s very good.
Yeah, it's unapologetically Springsteeny isn't it? I like the fact that he mixes the obvious musical influence with very northern, working class lyrics. Again, still very Springsteen subject matter but with a different spin. He's fecking great live. Seventeen Going Under was one of those proper memorable Glasto moments. He'll be the main headliner soon enough.

CallyRed

He was great, very suited to that type of setting - couple of belting anthems and a super confident live performer. Not that I could understand a word he was saying :lol:

Yeah being a Geordie doesn't help

ZupZup

Brass Against the act I'd never heard of that I enjoyed the most
I really enjoyed them too! Did you see their first set on West Holts or the later one in Shangri La? It was the former for me.

It was pretty odd because I’d just been having a conversation with my mates the day before sat around the campsite about a female rock singer who had to apologise for pissing on a consenting fan on stage in the States… turned out to be the singer in Brass Against.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It’s strange because although hip hop is massively mainstream now and if you look at YouTube views for the biggest hip hop acts compared to the big rock acts it’s significantly higher for hip hop, it doesn’t translate at all into the turnout both genres get from their live shows. You see big rock bands coming over here from the states and doing sell out shows at Wembley, West Ham, Tottenham etc yet with the big hip hop acts they’ll be playing at the Brixton academy, Hammersmith etc. i think what it shows is that Hip hop is accessed a lot more by the general public but rock definitely has a far more committed fanbase.
Also maybe because rock music works better in a stadium than hip hop?

You do admire the choreography and design behind a huge hip hop show but it rarely sounds as good as it does on the album, never mind better. Conversely, rock music often sounds way better live than it does recorded.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I really enjoyed them too! Did you see their first set on West Holts or the later one in Shangri La? It was the former for me.
Yeah, West Holts on the Saturday. Provided an unexpected, and much needed boost to energy levels that sustained through the rest of the day!

It was pretty odd because I’d just been having a conversation with my mates the day before sat around the campsite about a female rock singer who had to apologise for pissing on a consenting fan on stage in the States… turned out to be the singer in Brass Against.
Amazing. :lol: