Music Glastonbury 2022

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I just don't get this Kendrick fella at all. Not for me. This year's headliners apart from Macca have been fecking dreadful. Just not my thing. Billie E was incredibly boring and this Kendrick guy I would be looking my money back. Not my sort of music at all.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
It's funny seeing all of the 19 year old white girls have no idea what the lyrics are.
Sure they weren’t even born when pet shop boys were big

I know

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I just don't get this Kendrick fella at all. Not for me. This year's headliners apart from Macca have been fecking dreadful. Just not my thing. Billie E was incredibly boring and this Kendrick guy I would be looking my money back. Not my sort of music at all.
There’s like 100 other stages, I’m sure you’d find something you’d like.

Pickle85

What a performer, on top of being a top five of all time level rapper. He's unbelievable.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Admittedly Hip Hop is not my thing at all but this guy at least puts on a show. The theatre he creates with all these dancers is a spectacle in itself. I will give him that.

However sadly it's still just a guy rapping and using the f word and N word a lot ultimately.

I'm sure people are loving it....it's just not my bag.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Old school rappin' when it flowed and musically vibed. :( Miss those days.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Admittedly Hip Hop is not my thing at all but this guy at least puts on a show. The theatre he creates with all these dancers is a spectacle in itself. I will give him that.

However sadly it's still just a guy rapping and using the f word and N word a lot ultimately.

I'm sure people are loving it....it's just not my bag.
Obviously music is subjective and that’s fine if it’s not your thing but “just a guy rapping” is basically dismissing the entire thing. If you don’t like rap that’s fine but there’s lyrics and content in that rapping. It’s just a style of delivery.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Obviously music is subjective and that’s fine if it’s not your thing but “just a guy rapping” is basically dismissing the entire thing. If you don’t like rap that’s fine but there’s lyrics and content in that rapping. It’s just a style of delivery.
I don't see any real difference from Jay Z, Kanye and this guy. It all sounds the same to me.

Like I said I'm sure people are really into it. This music just doesn't speak to me. I didn't get Stormzy either.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't see any real difference from Jay Z, Kanye and this guy. It all sounds the same to me.

Like I said I'm sure people are really into it. This music just doesn't speak to me. I didn't get Stormzy either.
Cool thanks for sharing.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Yeah if you’re not into the genre why would you? There’s big differences between those three.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah if you’re not into the genre why would you? There’s big differences between those three.
Thought I'd give it a go as not really into any of the other headliners tonight either.

Enjoyed the stage arrangements and spectacle at least. Been worth it for that alone.

Can't say I will ever be converted into a hip hop fan though. Give me guitars any day of the week.

Glad you're all enjoying it though. That's the great thing about music.

Reynoldo

Yeah if you’re not into it fair enough, each to their own and all that but there is a difference, he’s a groundbreaker of the genre, like when NWA, Wu Tang, Eminem etc etc broke onto the scene. This man’s a revolution.

Dante

Average bang

A good rapper uses his voice as a percussive instrument. Each end rhyme, each inner rhyme and each near rhyme can be made to hit like a different beat on the drum kit if they have enough skill. But with the added the complexity of a sung note. Kendrick is amongst the best of all time at it.

You have to tune your ear differently to hear those depths. But it's not hard if you're willing to be open to it. There's a lot more to rapping than simply talking in rhyme.

Jay-Z (after about 2001), Kanye and Stormzy are nowhere near Kendrick in terms of the musicality of their flow. And none of them are in the same stratosphere when it comes to lyricism.

Last edited:

Zen

I can see why you've given it a go - Is there even a guitar in sight on the Glastonbury closing sets on the BBC? Kendrick, Pet Shop Boys, Charli XCX and Bicep :lol:

Mad closing line up for me, I'd hate(but not really) to be there knowing I'd be missing 3 of them. Madness.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Looking forward to watching Kendrick on the iPlayer tomorrow, sounds like he’s put on a show.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’m switching between the two. Kendrick comes in with Humble and PSB respond with It’s a Sin. What a fight this is.

Pickle85

Just amazing watching someone so young be so accomplished on stage. Makes me feel like a massive underachiever.

Ludens the Red

Thought I'd give it a go as not really into any of the other headliners tonight either.

Enjoyed the stage arrangements and spectacle at least. Been worth it for that alone.

Can't say I will ever be converted into a hip hop fan though. Give me guitars any day of the week.

Glad you're all enjoying it though. That's the great thing about music.
Glasto is definitely heading away from rock acts/bands etc. all headliners were solo artists. It’s a shame really because there is space for everything but Eaves is catering more and more towards middle class gen z folk and unfortunately a lot of that generation wouldn’t know what a guitar was if you smashed it over their head.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Glasto is definitely heading away from rock acts/bands etc. all headliners were solo artists. It’s a shame really because there is space for everything but Eaves is catering more and more towards middle class gen z folk and unfortunately a lot of that generation wouldn’t know what a guitar was if you smashed it over their head.
Jack White secret or not so secret set at 6.15pm on Park was incredible.

I didn't hate Kendrick Lamar either. It was enjoyable but I just would have preferred it to be Muse, Radiohead, Monkeys, Foos or anyone like that personally.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Feel like pure shit, just want muse 2004 back

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

That's like saying you don't see any real difference between the Coldplay, Muse and arctic monkeys.

arthurka

I saw them at Green Day the other day. They were fecking dreadful, couldn't wait for it to end.
I am all for different tastes but people are so different it's really baffling. For example I think think they are the best thing since sliced bread.