Glazer refuses to answer to fans discord

alexthelion

The Glazers own the club by name but the banks own them and were likely promised a big return. I was thinking we could pressure them to sell cheap but forgot about the banks. So refusing to answer is natural as they'll try again or continue. Banks are more powerful then nations, especially ones divided. People are rightly attacking the owners for their role but not the banks who are in effect the silent partner. People need to wise up about money and how it's used to infiltrate/defile nation states and attack that aspect because people are fighting with a shadow. If the market crashed, it would be the banks who would control the club. The glazers are an empty vessel. Are we to believe they paid under say 1billion but wouldn't sell for 2 or 3 or 4 even? Why would you need that level of money on an investment...which you couldn't even afford in the first place?....so it seems to me the banks are getting away scott free. We will blame capitalism but that's a ruse. Its not a free market. That is why nation states, to represent the people.....as they have historically...have to control the money and keep it gold standard and then you don't have legalized theft from globalists who bought out the system. Even if the guy wrote a book full of apology, it,would mean nothing. Not a thing. They don't care. They never will. Folks need to wise up.
All true.

I don't blame him for not answering, in that situation I probably wouldn't either.

Sky are just hypocrites, anyway.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
All true.

I don't blame him for not answering, in that situation I probably wouldn't either.

Sky are just hypocrites, anyway.
Totally agree here, SkySports are not doing it for our sake or because they care about the friction between the fans and the board, it's all about getting the views and extrapolating the issue. We are the biggest club in the world and they are just a leech trying to place themselves in a position they shouldn't be in. Why didnt they chase Abramovic/Al Khalifi/the city board, Kroenke etc, they were also part of the ESL weren't they? Totally disgusting channel

Cloud7

We have a Manchester United discord? Can someone send me the invite link

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Totally agree here, SkySports are not doing it for our sake or because they care about the friction between the fans and the board, it's all about getting the views and extrapolating the issue. We are the biggest club in the world and they are just a leech trying to place themselves in a position they shouldn't be in. Why didnt they chase Abramovic/Al Khalifi/the city board, Kroenke etc, they were also part of the ESL weren't they? Totally disgusting channel
Those club's fans didn't put on a protest that caused a huge game to called off.

Man United fans protest was massive and incredibly impactful. The other clubs fans did nothing in comparison.

Also, if a reporter were to try and approach Roman or the Man City owners in that manner, the bodyguards would likey step in long before they could stick a camera in their face.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Seems as though MUST won’t get a response as they have requested. This is the issue with our owners. They show absolutely 0% respect for the fans of the club they own. They created carnage in Manchester on Sunday, the Glazers, and more will follow while they continue to refuse to acknowledge the supporters of the club they own. They are an absolute disgrace.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Those club's fans didn't put on a protest that caused a huge game to called off.

Man United fans protest was massive and incredibly impactful. The other clubs fans did nothing in comparison.

Also, if a reporter were to try and approach Roman or the Man City owners in that manner, the bodyguards would likey step in long before they could stick a camera in their face.
But this has nothing to do with the fact that Sky are hounding the owners as if someone put them as the voice of the fans, they are just doing it for the views that's all what I meant to say.

The impact so far is that they managed to call off the game and get us squeezed in our PL fixtures, the fans almost agree that yes there's a clear miscommunication between us and the board but that's about it. It would have been smarter to show that we are unhappy with how things are going (from a debt perspective) when the fans actually attend the last 2 PL games in the stadium, where they could have planned it better and where TV coverage is guaranteed and where they don't need to get into brawls with the police to show their discontent.

UnitedFan93

The funny thing is that they do have a business even when they treat us like shit. They have been doing it for over 15 years and the value of the club just keeps growing.
True, however its going to get harder to continue that approach and increase value. Revenues are now stagnating, the Super League/FFP is dead, debt stands at circa £500 million, the competition is getting better, OT needs hundreds of millions spending on it. The last thing the Glazers will want is a pissed off fanbase attacking sponsors and refusing to return to OT. It's not sustainable.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Seems as though MUST won’t get a response as they have requested. This is the issue with our owners. They show absolutely 0% respect for the fans of the club they own. They created carnage in Manchester on Sunday, the Glazers, and more will follow while they continue to refuse to acknowledge the supporters of the club they own. They are an absolute disgrace.
They're a bunch of nobodies with 0 influence. It's honestly laughable that they think they'll get a response. I'll just write to the CEO of my bank and demand a response because I'm angry with aspects of how they operate, I'm sure I'll get a reply.

Moriarty

They're a bunch of nobodies with 0 influence. It's honestly laughable that they think they'll get a response. I'll just write to the CEO of my bank and demand a response because I'm angry with aspects of how they operate, I'm sure I'll get a reply.
It'll say F**k Off!.

Glazers Out!

Mary Antoinette had the same attitude to the peasants. "Let them cake"

United442b

The Glazers own the club by name but the banks own them and were likely promised a big return. I was thinking we could pressure them to sell cheap but forgot about the banks. So refusing to answer is natural as they'll try again or continue. Banks are more powerful then nations, especially ones divided. People are rightly attacking the owners for their role but not the banks who are in effect the silent partner. People need to wise up about money and how it's used to infiltrate/defile nation states and attack that aspect because people are fighting with a shadow. If the market crashed, it would be the banks who would control the club. The glazers are an empty vessel. Are we to believe they paid under say 1billion but wouldn't sell for 2 or 3 or 4 even? Why would you need that level of money on an investment...which you couldn't even afford in the first place?....so it seems to me the banks are getting away scott free. We will blame capitalism but that's a ruse. Its not a free market. That is why nation states, to represent the people.....as they have historically...have to control the money and keep it gold standard and then you don't have legalized theft from globalists who bought out the system. Even if the guy wrote a book full of apology, it,would mean nothing. Not a thing. They don't care. They never will. Folks need to wise up.
The terms the Glazers got on the loans to buy Man Utd were shocking, basically pay day lender stuff - hence why we are still in massive debt.

It could also be key to getting them out. With no Super League instant windfall on the horizon and fan (customer in their eyes) discontent, an exit may be the best solution. Taking a smaller amount of profit now, rather than risking severe penalties later.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I know it's not nice to talk about sb's appearance but he reminds me of that slaughtered pig I once saw at my uncle's on a countryside vacation.

arthurka

True, however its going to get harder to continue that approach and increase value. Revenues are now stagnating, the Super League/FFP is dead, debt stands at circa £500 million, the competition is getting better, OT needs hundreds of millions spending on it. The last thing the Glazers will want is a pissed off fanbase attacking sponsors and refusing to return to OT. It's not sustainable.
I agree with every word you said but with TV money, more money in Europe and so on they could keep on going like this for many years to come.

BaillyBaillyBailly

I have to say I agree with Simon Jordan on this (although generally I hate Talksport and Simon Jordan). Avram Glazer has no obligation to speak to a Sky Sports News reporter who jumped on him whilst he is going about his day. I think the Glazers have a duty to communicate with the fans and they should do so by formal reply to MUST's letter.
Writing headlines like "GLAZERS REFUSE TO APOLOGISE" is completely false though. He didn't say to the reporter "I refuse to apologise", he simply refused to engage in conversation with her which he perfectly entitled to do. Nobody, should ever be made to speak to the press, particularly an organisation like Sky Sports.
The Glazers owe Sky nothing.

Glazers Out!

Yes, the two scenarios are completely equitable. Also, she never said that.
As I've already mentioned, the nobodies were able to get rid of the Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson and the Los Angeles Clippers owner, Donald Sterling. It's not a great strategy to underestimate the nobodies.

CaptainBirdseye

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/joel-glazer-commits-to-new-era-of-dialogue-at-man-utd#

The following letter has been sent by Joel Glazer, Manchester United Executive Co-Chairman, to members of our Fans’ Forum today...
Dear Fan Representatives,

Thank you for your letter dated April 30, sent in your capacity as representatives of Manchester United fans. I read the contents closely and your love and passion for the club came across very clearly.

I want to salute your service to the Fans’ Forum, which I know is a vital channel for consultation between the club and our fans. As I recently stated publicly, I am personally committed to ensuring that we strengthen this relationship in future.

Your heartfelt letter captured the unique spirit of Manchester United, forged through decades of triumph, adversity and tragedy, and still powerfully present in today’s exciting team under Ole and the vibrant fanbase which you represent.

I was personally humbled by parts of your letter, as you explained so clearly why our initial support for the European Super League left you feeling angry and let down. I would like to reiterate my sincere apology for the mistakes that were made.

In particular, I want to acknowledge the need for change, with deeper consultation with you as our main fan representative body across a range of important issues, including the competitions we play in. We also recognise the importance of fan and football interests being embedded in key decision-making processes at every level of the club, and we are open to constructive discussions on how to reinforce that principle.

We remain committed to working with the wider football community to make the game stronger and more sustainable over the long-term, and we will now refocus our efforts on doing this within the existing structures of UEFA and the Premier League.

In addition, I want to reassure you that my family and I care deeply about Manchester United and feel a profound sense of responsibility to protect and enhance its strength for the long-term, while respecting its values and traditions.

Our top priority is, and will always be, competing for the most important trophies, playing entertaining football with a team comprised of top-quality recruits and some of the world’s best homegrown talent. Under Ole, we feel we are absolutely on the right track.

Success on the field must be underpinned by solid foundations off it. We have supported sustained investment in the team over many years, and that will continue this summer.

We recognise that we will need to significantly increase investment in Old Trafford and our training complex to ensure that the club’s facilities remain among the best in Europe. As part of this, we will consult with fans on investments related to the stadium and the matchday experience.

Indeed, one of the clearest lessons of the past few weeks is the need for us to become better listeners. To this end, I can commit the club will engage across all of the issues raised in your letter.

To highlight some specific points, as one of the few European football clubs listed on the public markets, we believe in the principle of fans owning shares in the club. We have previously engaged with the Manchester United Supporters’ Trust on fan share ownership and we want to continue and accelerate those discussions, together with provisions to enhance associated fan consultation.

We recognise that the Government-initiated, fan-led review of football is a positive opportunity to explore new structures for fan engagement and influence. I can assure you that we will willingly and openly engage in the review, with the aim of putting fans at the heart of the game and ensuring their interests are advanced and protected.

These commitments are a starting point for further dialogue, including all the specific points you raised, rather than final proposals. We want to work together to come up with an ambitious package of measures which will transform our relationship with fans and strengthen the club for the long-term. In this spirit, we will reach out to members of the forum to schedule a meeting in which I shall participate as soon as possible after the final game of the season.

Thank you again for your work for the forum and your passion for the club. I look forward to meeting you and in the meantime let’s look forward to a successful end to the season.

With best regards,

Joel Glazer
Executive Co-Chairman and Director

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
16 years of nothing.

Too late fella. Apology not accepted.

*If you're reading.

stw2022

16 years of nothing.

Too late fella. Apology not accepted.

*If you're reading.
What would be the point in taking to him then?

Outrage over not speaking to someone you don’t want to speak to is a bit contrived

lost7

That's a really good response. I bet the Glazers have nothing to do with it...

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/joel-glazer-commits-to-new-era-of-dialogue-at-man-utd#

The following letter has been sent by Joel Glazer, Manchester United Executive Co-Chairman, to members of our Fans’ Forum today...
Consult on the fans matchday experience?

What kind of consultation do you need to know the toilets are disgusting etc?

Honestly this PR letter writing crap is worthless. All these syrupy words?

Not going to speak until after the season is over? :rolleyes:

At this stage it would be better if they just went full Leo DiCaprio in Wolf of Wall Street and screamed 'I'm not f'n leaving' down a camera. Would at least have some real feeling behind it. These statements they put out are taking us all for idiots.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Anyone who buys a word of that needs to give their head a wobble.

Disgusting they think they can appease this with some cosy PR statements from Tampa.

DoomSlayer

I wonder who wrote this. The Glazers must be shitting themselves after the postponed Liverpool game.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
:lol: :lol: