Glazer Statement

ForeverRed1

It would take sancho, grealish, rice, kounde, keep Cavani and pogba.. for me to sort of move on from it.
We want to compete at the highest level! We’re as big if not bigger than any other club in world football ffs! We want champions leagues, premier leagues!
Also the debt needs to go and the stadium and training facilities need to be better.

Do this and it softens the blow :devil:

DoomSlayer

I hope no fan is deluded enough to buy this. Joel Glazer probably has no clue who even wrote this.

Deery

Dreary
Going to have to spend big in the transfer market now and do up the stadium.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Words mean nothing without proof. Do it with action, let’s see if you keep your word.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Its OT that concerns me. That is first and foremost the priority, for me.
You can easily shut up a certain section of disgruntled fans with flashy signings.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
Well, he hasn't got a great track record of following through on promises but says he will "significantly increase investment" in Old Trafford and the training ground as well as in the playing squad over the summer.
Dunno, i'm skeptical because if it’s not already planned I don’t see how they can do that. They’ve had an empty stadium for 12 months where works could’ve been done.

Xeno

It's a well written letter, I'll give him that. Well, whoever wrote it I suppose.
He can still go feck himself, though.

laughtersassassin

The investment into the stadium comments make no sense. If you where going to renovate it or increase capacity surely you would have tried to do it when it was empty.

Xeno

The investment into the stadium comments make no sense. If you where going to renovate it or increase capacity surely you would have tried to do it when it was empty.
Unless you believe it's the fan reaction that's caused a volte-face?

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Pay up or shut up and sell, Joel!

A £250m summer budget would be a good start.

Rooney1987

I don't buy it. What is good though, thats looks like they're feeling quite nervous about what's been going on recently. It's having an affect.

laughtersassassin

Unless you believe it's the fan reaction that's caused a volte-face?
I believe they are biding time by making promises that are not tangible or are years away from being able to measure.

Do something now if they care. A few months ago A Glazer personally sold 100-200 million worth of Non voting Shares for their personal gain.

Why not do that again. Surely between the 6 or so Glazers that own the club they could sell a few hundred million worth of Non voting shares and clear THEIR debt.

But no they aren't doing that. They are making promises that cannot be upheld anytime soon.

Very clear this is an empty promise imo.

TrustInOle

The letter means jack all to fans and just Joel posturing because the heat is getting to him! But, this did catch my eye "Indeed, one of the clearest lessons of the past few weeks is the need for us to become better listeners" Fair play for actually admitting you need advice and haven't a clue when it comes to football. Can the Glazers ever really be redeemed?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
As much as I don't believe anything at all will change, they're clearly going for the 'change our ways' approach, rather than sell.

We'll see if anything actually changes I guess.

diarm

• No more dividends taken out until the debt is cleared.
  • A written promise never to engage in talks about another breakaway league.
  • A 5 year plan for development and renovation of the stadium and facilities.
  • A CEO with a football first background to replace Woodward.
  • A written promise never to sell the club to the Saudis (or another such prehistoric and murderous regime).
Anything less than all of the above is not enough for me.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Give Old Trafford a huge renovation
Makes plans to develop the grounds outside Old Trafford
Give fan representation on the board (preferably me)
Sign: Rice, Haaland, me, Sancho, extend Pogba to a non-monster contract
Hire: Eric Cantona to do the Stadium speaking during matches, Graeme Souness as Paul Pogbas personal masseuse
Donate: 2021 annual dividends to local charities spread out in the greater Manchester area

Do that and you can stay

Judas

Open to offers
Ones thing for sure, I think they'll spend in the summer, none of the spiting the fans by not buying anyone, which was always a silly and massively daft idea people were running with.

kode

I feel we may have a high spending summer transfer. Would that change the view on the Glazers? If so how much would it take to release the pressure?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
  • A written promise never to sell the club to the Saudis (or another such prehistoric and murderous regime).
Simon Stone tweeted yesterday about Edwin being hired as CEO. Seems the most sensible appointment they could make - Edwin wouldn’t join in my opinion unless he got some solid commitments about their intentions.

Deery

Dreary
That’s pretty reasonable tbf, but I think they’ll keep taking out dividends maybe not at such a high rate though.

OverratedOpinion

They can't afford to clear the debt. Their whole business model is based upon getting the club at zero cost to them personally, by re-paying massive interest rates from club income.
Yes they can, even if they can not do so from their own liquid assets then they can easily either transfer it to a holding company in their name or secure a bond or bonds in that amount based without using Man Utd as collateral. They could do this in less than a fortnight if they were so inclined.

mu4c_20le

I feel we may have a high spending summer transfer. Would that change the view on the Glazers? If so how much would it take to release the pressure?
Think we are due one anyway because of a disappointing one last year, looking on track to finish 2nd comfortably and reaching the EL final.

Tatey5353

Yes they can, even if they can not do so from their own liquid assets then they can easily either transfer it to a holding company in their name or secure a bond or bonds in that amount based without using Man Utd as collateral. They could do this in less than a fortnight if they were so inclined.
Wouldn't the easiest thing for them to do would be to fully refloat it, sell all the shares, and walk off with the massive windfall? Rather than to find that 1 person on consortium with a spare £3 billion +?

Giggs' right foot

He also committed to further strengthening of the team and increased investment in the stadium and training ground.
Increased investment in the stadium? What exactly has been done on the stadium for the last 16 years? Buying a bucket of paint will technically see them increasing the past 16 years' investment.