Glazer Statement

Loon

:lol:
"I really don't want any headaches from you lot and if this will stop your bullshit protests so I can get on with the business of making money..."

red4ever 79

Dear Joel,

Thank you for your letter dated 7th May. Now feck off and get out of our club you parasite and take that pony tail ugly looking brother with you.

Yours sincerley
All the fans

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If I say I'll buy you something with money I took off you last year its basically you buying it for yourself.

Claiming he will personally pay for it when he has been living off the proceeds of Man Utd is a bit circular.
Yeah, it's still a somewhat empty gesture just like the letter, but I'm hoping that this leads to bigger things. If it all ends here, this'll be a bit of a slap in the face.

RORY65

Okay here’s the thing. Glazers have taken a lot of money out of the club. But if they are willing to engage then we must too. These guys are master managers of money. They run banks. They know money deeply. If they actually now want to give a feck, let’s hear it out and let’s see how far they’re willing to go.
Literally less than 3 weeks ago they were leaders in a plan to feck over the whole structure of European football, this isn't about them suddenly having personality transplants this is about trying to do the bare minimum to quieten things down in the short term with the full intention of going back to normal once these protests lose momentum.

stw2022

It’s PR speak and the proof will be in the pudding and concrete actions.

But demanding they speak and then when they release a statement insisting you don't want to hear from them is one those 'soft dumb' moments that will gradually erode all but hardcore support from the campaign. I have huge issues with the hardcore element's approach but I think they need to be careful not to be so dogmatic to appear unreasonable. Their own position is precarious. Let's not forget for 15 years by and large the majority of the fans have been, to be generous, begrudgingly willing to tolerate the Glazers. That's not an opinion, it's fact. 15 years and two periods of disturbance that achieved nothing and fizzled out. I think it's optimistic to assume this current antithesis will last forever. Whenever we might think individually, the capacity of United fans to be content with the Glazer family in charge is evidenced by the last 15 years.

To make actual gains and concessions, as much as it'll be a bitter pill to swallow there will have to be some engagement. If there isn't the owners will simply wait for anger to subside, buy off the fans with a big name signing and go back to not talking to us for another 15 years. It's wildly optimistic to think this level of fan anger and engagement will continue so whilst it's here the most needs to be made and concessions and promises need to be won that we can hold them to down the line.

"Shut up you ugly ponytailed wanker" might be cathartic but it'll be letting a once in a lifetime opportunity slip

sxmsharp

It’s really not good enough. I don’t believe a word that comes out of that mans mouth.

choccy77

When he says invest in Old Trafford and Carrington, he really is just saying, sacking the current security team, replace with a new one and buy some better locks.

You won't get anything else.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Imagine if he read this thread? Imagine if you were the owner of United and read this thread?

Your reaction would be feck 'em. They have extended an olive branch to the supporters, if this is the reaction from the supporters, then why bother?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Imagine if he read this thread? Imagine if you were the owner of United and read this thread?

Your reaction would be feck 'em. They have extended an olive branch to the supporters, if this is the reaction from the supporters, then why bother?
because it is a profitable business, and disruptions can hinder profit?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't know – and that is the point.

I have no idea who would buy us.

Which other major clubs have spent as much on transfers in the last 16 years?
Totally missing the point. But for the debt we'd have had another 1bn to spend.

And don't give them credit for transfer spend. That's our money. It's not like they are dipping into their own pockets is it?

They put up about 200m to buy us, borrowed the rest against the clubs name and you're praising them for allowing us to spend our own money? Hahahaha

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

I was expecting white text.

rhajdu

They most likely won't sell the club and I am not even sure if it is our best option here. Hopefully they got the message that there are plenty of people who desperate enough to sacrifice the current team. It is their best interest to have a competitive team and a satisfied fanbase. Let's see what happens during the summer... a few world-class signings, van der Sar and a renovation under way would be pretty mint.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
They most likely won't sell the club and I am not even sure if it is our best option here. Hopefully they got the message that there are plenty of people who desperate enough to sacrifice the current team. It is their best interest to have a competitive team and a satisfied fanbase. Let's see what happens during the summer... a few world-class signings, van der Sar and a renovation under way would be pretty mint.
It's in their interest to have an adequate top 4 side. Thats it no more.

OmarUnited4ever

clearing all debt within 12 months and commit to taking no dividend payments for the next 5 or 10 years. That would make me sit up and listen, that is not even starting on the fact that they need to agree to begin renovations on Old Trafford immediately.

On the bolded part might be a tough ask and mean no investment on the squad, perhaps a 3-5 years plan to clear the debts if we can sustain 500m of yearly revenues and try to bring costs down like not paying dividends, for the rest i agree.

• sustainable investment on the squad
  • clearing debts
  • bringing down costs (e.g. getting rid of unneeded players like Jones and so on)
  • no dividends paid out until debt is 100% cleared.
  • renovation of stadium & training facilities
if they the above then im happy, the above requirements should be the minimum and non-negotiable

Coops73

Tough fecking shit, they need to act on these “promises” before I have anything good to say about them and let’s face it, they haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory in this regard.

I don’t expect them to act on anything they say to be honest. They think we’re stupid cnuts and a few hollow words in a letter will suffice.

red thru&thru

He has now said what he has said and time for him to act.
  • Start clearing off the debt till there is 0 debt.
  • Stop paying yourself dividends and directors fees.
  • Invest in the stadium and training ground to make it amongst the best in the world, so that at minimum were are considered for holding CL finals again.
  • The women's and U23's teams to have their own stadium/facilities to play their matches and train at.
  • Reinvest the vast amount of money the club earns into the football team.
  • Put in charge a CEO such as Edwin who knows about the business and football side of things.
  • Give access of shares to the fans which have the same voting rights as theirs.
This is all a start, without mentioning the open dialogue needed with the fans of the club.

I personally want more investment made in and around the community to showcase how important the club is to the people in and around Old Trafford.

clarkydaz

Okay here’s the thing. Glazers have taken a lot of money out of the club. But if they are willing to engage then we must too. These guys are master managers of money. They run banks. They know money deeply. If they actually now want to give a feck, let’s hear it out and let’s see how far they’re willing to go.
The amount of money they have burnt past 8 years suggests not

choccy77

It's a big statement, as everyone expected nothing from them.
It shows they are rattled, and who wouldn't be after a bunch of characters got a premier league game called off. That is unprecedented.
Not quite true, there was one muppet that left a fake bomb in our toilets once :lol:

rhajdu

It's in their interest to have an adequate top 4 side. Thats it no more.
That is the second best option for them, but that doesn't help to grow the value of the club. Let's to be honest, Manchester United become a commercial juggernaut under their ownership and it was based on succes. That is why we still have a chance to remain somehow competitive in the current climate. Arsenal wasn't that "lucky".

So I think that they still want us to be succesful so the value of the club can grow. Lot of money were spent on transfers, but it didn't meant to be. Now they strumbled upon Ole by pure chance, and hopefully the progress will continue (and I think that the protests helped in that regard).

If their interest to only have an adequate top 4 side, they could have more dividants to pay out and less money spent on transfers. It's also possible that it's just wishful thinking from my side, but I genuinely hope that we are on a brink of a succesful era.

Otherwise, I don't think that I will see Manchester United win the major honours in the foreseeable future. Someone mentioned that Leeds United could do it, but they spent 16 years in the Championship and haven't won anything since 1991-92. Nottingham Forest nowhere to be seen. Juventus FC was a good example, but the Premier League is too competitive for that. Well, the Saudis can take over anytime and then it is a different story, but who wants that?

mu4c_20le

Funny you aren't this passionate about the Daniel James 2020/2021 Performance thread.

choccy77

I personally hope that the Glazers will listen finally and reward Phil Jones, with a new 5 year contract.

Say what you want, but Phil has not been responsible for any of the goals against us in the last year and half.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Tough fecking shit, they need to act on these “promises” before I have anything good to say about them and let’s face it, they haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory in this regard.

I don’t expect them to act on anything they say to be honest. They think we’re stupid cnuts and a few hollow words in a letter will suffice.
Reading this thread, they would be right in thinking we're stupid cnuts.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Funny you aren't this passionate about the Daniel James 2020/2021 Performance thread.
Eh?

And, am I being passionate about this? I just have an open mind.

People have been complaining about the Glazers ever since they took over United.

The supporters have taken a stand and now the owners have recognised it and want to engage.

Don't you think you should give them a chance and see what happens before condemning them?

The bile in this thread is disgusting and embarrassing.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

You don’t always have to be so beta Colin

imamuppet

Eh?

And, am I being passionate about this? I just have an open mind.

People have been complaining about the Glazers ever since they took over United.

The supporters have taken a stand and now the owners have recognised it and want to engage.

Don't you think you should give them a chance and see what happens before condemning them?

The bile in this thread is disgusting and embarrassing.
In full agreement, as another poster said "proof is in the pudding"

Let's see if they act on what they have said, now its time for those that represent us fans to push for those words to be put into action.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not quite true, there was one muppet that left a fake bomb in our toilets once :lol:
Ah yes, that was bloody ridiculous wasn't it!

Felt so sorry for the lady who took my tickets for the game! Lucky she's a mad traveller, so was happy to get back up 2 days later!!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Congratulations to the PR department on another highly formulaic PR statement.
My view exactly. You can just imagine him asking for a set of words to pacify the fans.
It is most certainly not about a set of meaningless words.
It is not about spending money in the next transfer period.

It is all about really understanding what being owners of the most important football club in the UK, if not the world is actually about.
Making money is highly important of course.
But it is not the end objective. It is a means to an end.
And that end is to put the hopes and dreams of the supporters at the heart of everything it does. And to give those supporters a say in how the club is run.
Unless they are serious about this, then the protests will carry on until they actually get serious.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
For me the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

There are certainly some intriguing points in this letter, not least the Nod to fan shares and improvements at OT. I fully expected the owners to sit on their hand and do naff all this summer after the ESL fallout, so a commitment to strengthening the team is good.

IF this all comes to fruition then it may be the best outcome, helping to avoid any more undesirable new owners taking control of the club. That’s a mighty big if however…..

Robertd0803

Could be just words.

Follow through on the words on the other hand and then we will see.

alexthelion

If they can back the promises made, I will be fine with them being the owners considering at current price only oil merchants with money to burn will be able to afford us. Any other takeover will be significantly higher leveraged buyout
This.

Revan

Assumptionman
Totally missing the point. But for the debt we'd have had another 1bn to spend.

And don't give them credit for transfer spend. That's our money. It's not like they are dipping into their own pockets is it?

They put up about 200m to buy us, borrowed the rest against the clubs name and you're praising them for allowing us to spend our own money? Hahahaha
It is not your club more than Apple is your company cause you own an IPhone.

alexthelion

They don't get it.

We want them gone.

End of.
Do we?

Have you got a nice benovolent owner lined up, otherwise you're looking at someone like the Saudi Murderer or a buyout that will make the Glazers' one look like peanuts?

PieCrust

They've shown who they are over the last 16 years. It's not like that's an insignificant sample size. They aren't going to change now, just because a few plebs are becoming rowdy. They will continue to not put a penny into the club, while siphoning off their dividends every year until someone comes in and makes a £3 or £4 billion offer to buy the club. This is nothing more than akin to a real estate investment for them.

I think the only way that isn't the reality is, as the mismanagement continues, is if it actually becomes severe enough to make Manchester United no longer profitable which will require a sale, or investment from the Glazer's own pockets. Or I guess let the club become Arsenal.