Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolvored

And what am I, invisible?!! :(

There’s something weird going on in here lately - it’s like the Bermuda Triangle or black hole of Calcutta. Posts keep disappearing! :nervous:
Some fans think everyone on here was born in 2000 I think. "No one got it"

Nori-

What happened to @Qatari on twitter saying a deal will be done by the 31st March?

Member 125398

I was intrigued by this so I checked it out. You both lied :nono:
There's an argument that it doesn't reach the heights of his cover of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Anything likely to happen in the coming week? Surely bidders will have to be told one way or the other.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Went away for three days and still nothing?
Time to call it.
The glazer animals will never return to the shit hole they came from.

Just have to focus on the love of the team and the game and shit on the glazers as much as possible.

Might get the boxing bag out later and put a picture of them on it and do multiple spin kicks possibly even a drop kick to it.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Anything likely to happen in the coming week? Surely bidders will have to be told one way or the other.
If the Raine guys slow-walk the process, they will find out which bidder is likely to increase their price mobility (which is good for teh Glazers if that bidder is selected) -- or harden their stance and become inflexible if they are chosen as the preferred bidder.

Either way, the Raine guys need to find out before making their choice of the preferred bidder. If they choose wrong they wont maximise the deal which then may for the Glazers to pull the plug.

Yorke to Cole

Could there be possibility that Elliot group propose that they prefer to work with Ratcliffe being the majority ( as a minority stakeholder, )as he himself would be a better and more progressive owner than what the slouchy Glazers have been?

SAFMUTD

Starting to get a little nervous these parasites might actually not leave after all.

Blood Mage

Could there be possibility that Elliot group propose that they prefer to work with Ratcliffe being the majority ( as a minority stakeholder, )as he himself would be a better and more progressive owner than what the slouchy Glazers have been?
I think this would be a desirable outcome.

SmallCaine

Why would anyone care what a vulture fund wants? Glazers will sell to whoever pays most.

Yorke to Cole

I will say, now there has been a (break in any form of news), that if the Glazers stay, they will be a detriment to our club as well as themselves!

When this process began, they may have envisaged many bidders such as Amazon, Apple, Saudi, Dubai, Bahrain and other sovereign states. There was also talk of the Zara owner entering.

Like Sohelkol and others have said the Glazers have not achieved the bidding war they wanted.

Surely, Raine and the Glazers themselves must realise that this is their time to sell?

SmallCaine

Why couldn't Elliot Group simply purchase the shares of the Glazers who want out, then separately fund the new infrastructure? The latter should be relatively straightforward to do through a partial contribution of straight investment as proportionate with their shareholding %, then partially as a loan to the remaining Glazers. Elliot Group aren't exactly lacking in their own resources.
Those not named Avram and Joel want out. If only those 2 stick around they will own most likely 33-34% of the club with Elliot owning the rest at that point it's not really a minority investment, it's Elliot owning more class b shares than glazers do. So what even is the point for them to stick around if Elliot will run things.

fallengt

Glazers got the balls to hold this club hostage. They want 6 bils for this?

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Well as a distraction from that performance I'm going to focus solely on the notion that we might get some significant movement on the takeover in the coming days.

HarryP

Well as a distraction from that performance I'm going to focus solely on the notion that we might get some significant movement on the takeover in the coming days.
The significant movement we're likely to see - if we see anything at all - will be confirmation that the Glazers are staying. So I'm not sure that's the sort of distraction you had in mind.

I’m loving my life

Need them gone soon so the next owners can start putting structures in place that will allow us to overhaul our shallow squad. Or else everything ETH has done so far will be for nothing

Mr. Robot

The significant movement we're likely to see - if we see anything at all - will be confirmation that the Glazers are staying. So I'm not sure that's the sort of distraction you had in mind.
Thanks Harry. So now that you've finally confirmed that the Glazers are staying, can you shed any light on what their long term plans are? Are we getting financed by a third party with another loan? What will the interest rate be?

Ottawa MLS Fan

Those not named Avram and Joel want out. If only those 2 stick around they will own most likely 33-34% of the club with Elliot owning the rest at that point it's not really a minority investment, it's Elliot owning more class b shares than glazers do. So what even is the point for them to stick around if Elliot will run things.
The Glazers would still have control; the class B shares revert to class A when sold outside the family.

TheReligion

Abusive
Thanks Harry. So now that you've finally confirmed that the Glazers are staying, can you shed any light on what their long term plans are? Are we getting financed by a third party with another loan? What will the interest rate be?
I’m convinced he’s not a genuine poster

Blood Mage

If we don't get a sale now failure is guaranteed for Ten Hag. Massive investment needed.

AneRu

The Glazers would still have control; the class B shares revert to class A when sold outside the family.
Which still leaves one question unanswered: whats in it for Elliot? The bidding war the Glazers hoped for didn't materialize, the two entities rich enough to be interested would have been pissed off by being involved in a bidding process where the seller is setting unrealistic prices with no business backing whatsoever so even if they grow its value, who would the Glazers and Elliot eventually sell to who would be prepared to part with say £10b in a few years?

This is their exit option and if they miss it potential buyers will be dwindling. Elliot doesn't seem to be interested in eventual ownership and will further dilute the Glazer stake meaning that for any perceived growth, the Glazer share of the eventual sale will be less than or equal to the £5b they are frowning at today.

If it was a case of buying a minority stake, Elliot could have bought the ones available on the stock market when they were at $12-$15. Why would they go through this process that sets an unrealistic market value for the club just to buy non voting shares on that basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.