Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlPistacho

“[
that's good as I'm sure at least 30 people have you on ignore by now

the relentless Qatar shilling is painful to watch
What an odd person…. Not you some guy that just walked past. He started talking about a bird, calling it a vicious shark. When I pointed out that it was dry land so it couldn’t be a shark he cried and called me a “shill”.

Tiber

The sun, Daily star are particularly bad. Guardian, the times, Athletic for example - are more reliable sources.
The star is so bad that its significantly below even the Sun, Mirror and Express.

Sid234

Maybe I am just being hopeful but the multiple mentions of our interest in players (Kane + Mount + Rice) by good journos (tier 1-2) - could we have been given the green light to start spending? And is that possibly a sign that there is some progress on the sale front?

Sir Erik ten Hag

Maybe I am just being hopeful but the multiple mentions of our interest in players (Kane + Mount + Rice) by good journos (tier 1-2) - could we have been given the green light to start spending? And is that possibly a sign that there is some progress on the sale front?
The press ALWAYS links us to every player in the world. We experience this every summer.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
No we have to conduct business as usual and agree deals. There will still be a wait until the ownership is resolved unless there has been something worked out behind the scenes. Either way these deals need to be worked on for months so you can’t just wait until the process is over.

TrebleChamp99

Whoever briefed this is an absolute fool about signing all those players, unless you get all of them it’s a failure. Amateur hour.

Sir Erik ten Hag

It's just process, won't be quiet behind closed doors but they aren't going to be updating us all the time.
Imagine the next Man United owner tries to appease the fans by promising to open a live channel, updating every business/transfer decision for the fans everyday. :lol:

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
INEOS United 11

Rashford Kane Sancho
Mount
Rice Mctomminay
Shaw Maguire Dunk AWB
Pickford
Ah yes, because he's English, he'll be obsessed with signing all English players.

All the local fans love Brexit and want an end to the days of fancy dan foreigners coming over taking the jobs of good hardworking English lads.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Sheikh Jassim 11

Meshaal Barsham
Homam Ahmed
Tarek Salman
Jassem Gaber Abdulsallam
Ismail Mohamad
Assim Madibo
Mohammed Waad
Khalid Muneer A A Mazeed
Ali Asad
Amro Surag
Ahmed Alaaeldin

Suv666

Ah yes, because he's English, he'll be obsessed with signing all English players.

All the local fans love Brexit and want an end to the days of fancy dan foreigners coming over taking the jobs of good hardworking English lads.
He explicitly made statements alluding to the fact that he views Man Utd as a British enterprise. Its not absurd to reach the conclusion that he’d be interested in buying English lads, unlike the guy above me posting Muslim names.

Andy_Cole

He explicitly made statements alluding to the fact that he views Man Utd as a British enterprise. Its not absurd to reach the conclusion that he’d be interested in buying English lads, unlike the guy above me posting Muslim names.
Jim is also a BREXITeer. His nickname is BREXIT Jim.

Jassim doesn’t seem to hold the same Xenophobic beliefs.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
You forgot Mbappe and Neymar. Surely they aren’t benched by this lot….
Jassim explicitly made statements alluding to the fact that he views Man Utd as a Qatari enterprise. Its not absurd to reach the conclusion that he’d be interested in buying Qatari lads, unlike the guy above me posting English names.

croadyman

Need to see a concrete link to a non British player,maybe then will still feel that Jassim could be the preferred bidder

Amarsdd

no sh!t!

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
You could argue we are a British enterprise though? I wouldn't personally describe us in that way and would also argue that our identity (without sounding too scouse) is very much based around Mancunian culture rather than England/Britain. Its that element of rebellion and things like disobeying the Fa in the 1950s to enter the European Cup that made people either fall in love with us or absolutely despise us.

Regardless, I don't think that Ratcliffe's opinion/vision of us a 'British enterprise' will get in the way of us signing a few foreign players. There's literally no evidence that it would. You could equally chuck another random claim in the air that Qatar would focus purely on signing massive global stars without any thought as to how they would fit in the team. There has been plenty of evidence of that over at Chelsea since 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.