Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Although there was talk Ten Hag favoured him over Martinez! And Martinez has been great, so maybe Timber could be the same.
Ajax fans were saying he's not ready and we've seen EtH's transfer targets may not always suit the league.

We needed a fighter and a leader and Timber was not it. I also read Ajax fans saying he's been exposed this season without Martinez to support him alongside in defence.

Anyway, not the thread for this but we need a higher caliber of player if we are to start genuinely challenging for the big honours.

And that's why I am convinced we need the Qatar financial injection to get us back on equal footing.

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
That's the way I see it. We obviously don't like it but they're trying to get the best deal for themselves as they're businessmen/women with no sentimental attachment to United.
Imagine having no sentiment to something you own. Especially something which exists to fuel passion and dreams. Must be a trait that only applies to the extremely rich.

AlPistacho

After the bullshit he pulled last summer, he's just Mason Mount in defence.

Both shouldn't be near to United if we want to go into games like today feeling we're at least on equal footing
Mason Mount is a very good player. I’d argue one of the most “European” English CM’s there is. Not flashy, but good all round midfielder and perfect between a cdm and number 10. But can also be versatile when there’s injuries to others.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Mason Mount is a very good player. I’d argue one of the most “European” English CM’s there is. Not flashy, but good all round midfielder and perfect between a cdm and number 10. But can also be versatile when there’s injuries to others.
Yes, but not at an exorbitant price.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
That is surprising.
Mike Keegan has been good on Qatar's side but at the end of the day, the guy works for the Mail and this is that kind of tweet.

Isn't half of Wembley corporate 'fans' anyway? If he sat in the middle of the part where the seats take 10 minutes of each half to fill in, no wonder he didn't hear anything.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Mike Keegan has been good on Qatar's side but at the end of the day, the guy works for the Mail and this is that kind of tweet.

Isn't half of Wembley corporate 'fans' anyway? If he sat in the middle of the part where the seats take 10 minutes of each half to fill in, no wonder he didn't hear anything.
I was actually surprised to see the two brothers and their families at the game, particularly at such a sensitive time in negotiations and with tens of thousands of potentially irate fans nearby.

Ralph1386

There's no excuse now for sale agreement not be sorted as soon as possible, every day this drags on it will hurt our planning for next season.
You think the leeches care? They want the best deal possible for them personally not the club. It’s been like that since they took over.

Kaos

Can they feck off now? Or just put us out of our misery and let us know that they're getting into the bed with the British bicycle-shagging Glazer.

Eddy_JukeZ

I hope this gets resolved by the end of June.

Surely that happens right?

If this lingers around July/August, I worry about our next season.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I hope this gets resolved by the end of June.

Surely that happens right?

If this lingers around July/August, I worry about our next season.
I feel like now the football's over either we get news very quickly or there is absolutely a good chance we'll still be in this same hell come the turn of the month.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I was actually surprised to see the two brothers and their families at the game, particularly at such a sensitive time in negotiations and with tens of thousands of potentially irate fans nearby.
Thought it was interesting. I have a friend whose wife knows some of the Glazer siblings' kids and has heard about how tired they are of the abuse they get on social media. :lol:

nangis

If the defeat yesterday can eventually make the Glazers feck off, I will say that's a good result.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Thought it was interesting. I have a friend whose wife knows some of the Glazer siblings' kids and has heard about how tired they are of the abuse they get on social media. :lol:
So the Glazers siblings even don't care about their kids. No wonder they don't care about the club. :rolleyes:

Rojofiam

I agree fully about United being the suited club to organically compete against those clubs. I’m saddened by how many think Ratcliffe is that guy to take us there. Nothing has shown us he is capable of elevating a football club, since the takeover bids started everything is pointing to him being just as slimy as the Glazers. What’s sad is if he’s bid is successful in 2-4 seasons people will realise.
I disagree.

There's no point in buying a multi-billion pound asset like Man. United to just make money off of it. There are loads of smaller investments Ineos could make that are way less riskier to generate profits. Ineos makes a shitload of money, United's potential annual profits (that would require heavily investing into the club) would still be a drop in the bucket to what Ratcliffe's company currently makes within 12 months.

Ratcliffe is on camera saying that "The biggest correlation of success in football is money. Without question."

When he wanted to buy Chelsea, he also said in an interview with the BBC that he wouldn't be buying them for profit.

So it's pretty clear that he wants to win, and no matter who buys the club they will need to invest heavily. It's obvious.

Investing heavily to win on the pitch would instantly make him a way better owner than the Glazers ever were...and whether he is an immoral asshole or not in real life, he's not as powerful as a whole fecking nation with a disgusting penal code.

Last edited:

Rojofiam

I would say the Glazers are worse than all of those quoted.

A lot worse. They have invested Glazers have extracted.

Kronke until this season has been equally .poor and given their level of wealth they have been miserly.

Only one I would suggest has been good is the Fulham guy.
You can't really compare a few rich billionaire assholes (Glazers, Kroenke, probably Ratcliffe, etc.)from the US/UK to the states of Qatar and Saudi Arabia, the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, or one of Putin's oligarchs.

If you don't see the difference, then I don't know what to tell you.

Voteon

You can't really compare a few rich billionaire assholes (Glazers, Kroenke, probably Ratcliffe, etc.)from the US/UK to the states of Qatar and Saudi Arabia, the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, or one of Putin's oligarchs.

You are completely correct, but such is the nature of sportswashing, people genuinely believe a football club chairman to be worse than an actual dictatorship.

greenoffpearson

I kind of get your point but what you stated was 'are a cancer on football and they stand for most things that are wrong with it.'

I stated that Glazers etal were, in my opinion, a bigger cancer on football.

They are bloodsuckers who leech on the club and are selfish to the extreme. They lie (selling shares to fans), they have no interest or knowledge about football beyond economics, they are purely about self enggrandisment.

Or the Fenway Group at Liverpool who don't take dividends but rarely make a profit, no doubt sucking out any return as consultation fees etc.

Those nations you are referring to are not mature nations, but due to their wealth they can bypass the social and moral strictures, generally imposed, and in some case slowly being adopted, by the West.

The West will indulge them because they are generally stable partners. They welcome trade because these nations are investors and energy suppliers. We all know that they have invested in many many businesses. They buy arms and security, the West welcomes them.

They have actually invested in football.

Standards of morality and general acceptance is another argument. Obviously we can argue against them but your statement was, in my opinion, incorrect

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan

Rojofiam

You are completely correct, but such is the nature of sportswashing, people genuinely believe a football club chairman to be worse than an actual dictatorship.
I mean, there were masses of people on all social media platforms praising Qatar all the way back in February when they haven't even made their first bid yet.

cyberman

Ratcliffe fans finally realised it makes no sense to chant "Glazers out" while at the same time supporting a bid which will make Glazers stay.
I think it’s more of a we’re in a cup final that was live until the 90th minute deal

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Imagine having no sentiment to something you own. Especially something which exists to fuel passion and dreams. Must be a trait that only applies to the extremely rich.
Can't be emotional in business and if you go looking for passion from arch-capitalists, you'll be disappointed.

Rojofiam

I kind of get your point but what you stated was 'are a cancer on football and they stand for most things that are wrong with it.'

They are bloodsuckers who leech on the club and are selfish to the extreme. They lie (selling shares to fans), they have no interest or knowledge about football beyond economics, they are purely about self enggrandisment.

Or the Fenway Group at Liverpool who don't take dividends but rarely make a profit, no doubt sucking out any return as consultation fees etc.

Those nations you are referring to are not mature nations, but due to their wealth they can bypass the social and moral strictures, generally imposed, and in some case slowly being adopted, by the West.

The West will indulge them because they are generally stable partners. They welcome trade because these nations are investors and energy suppliers. We all know that they have invested in many many businesses. They buy arms and security, the West welcomes them.

Standards of morality and general acceptance is another argument. Obviously we can argue against them but your statement was, in my opinion, incorrect
The Glazers messed up one club because of incompetence. Nations getting invested into football ruin the competitive integrity of the whole sport long-term. Manchester City dominating world football at the moment is down to both smart decision-making and an unlimited amount of money to build something up over 15 years. And they likely cheated their way to it.

Look at it from this perspective: What's the point of a club like Brighton (that has come such a long way in the last 14 years by playing it smart), if long-term the top 3 spots in the PL will be pre-occupied by City, United and Newcastle? Or will eventually every club be begging for a state to save them?

What's the point of Spurs and Atletico Madrid? Both of them made huge progress to get to where they are now since the early 2000s.

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Ratcliffe fans finally realised it makes no sense to chant "Glazers out" while at the same time supporting a bid which will make Glazers stay.
Makes sense, match going fans probably want to avoid becoming state owned.

Rojofiam

One wonders how many of them were paid (not on here, but on Twitter).
On Twitter I think some people definitely got paid.

On RedCafe, I doubt it, but if I just read some of the posts on here without any context, I would think otherwise. :lol:

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

You paint the bigger picture in a very good way but unfortunately this subject is so polarized that your post probably will be unnoticed.

Unfortunately financial fair play is low priority in the modern top football. We either adapt if we want to compete on the highest level or we’re comfortable with mid table moral victories. The difference between Berlusconi and Abu Dhabi is 30 years and as we see nothing has actually changed. Cheating is still profitable. Clubs with unlimited funds will always in one way or another be superior to their competitors in commercial sports and I can’t see any significant changes in the near future and that’s why I prefer Qatar.

Moral victories doesn’t give a 60 year old man the same joy any longer and with limited time left I prefer goals and trophies. Call me selfish and you’re not wrong.

Voteon

'they are purely about self enggrandisment.'

'Standards of morality and general acceptance is another argument.
Qatar's bid is itself all about Qatar. Nothing else. They want United in their portfolio because they're good PR for their dictatorship.

When this is understood (not 'accepted' as it's not an opinion) you soon see 'morality' and indeed 'the politics' are core arguments, and should be directly in the forefront of how this takeover is received.

stw2022

If they were selling to Jim, why all the leaks? Just accept the deal. Constant leaks about SJR being the front runner, details of the deal, what perks the Glazers are being offered...it all smacks as smoke signals to the Qataris as to what they need to do.

greenoffpearson

Qatar's bid is itself all about Qatar. Nothing else. They want United in their portfolio because they're good PR for their dictatorship.

When this is understood (not 'accepted' as it's not an opinion) you soon see 'morality' and indeed 'the politics' are core arguments, and should be directly in the forefront of how this takeover is received.
Noted, however it's not a simple as that.

If you use your argument then that would apply to all investments made by those entities.

Clearly the UK government, and Western governments in general, have a different standard.

Unfortunately, whether we like it or not, those of the standards that are going to be applied and not our own.

During the financial crisis Barclays Bank were bailed out by a combination of those emirates. The UK government were more than happy to give it the go-ahead because it saved the British taxpayer literally billions of pounds when the UK government was struggling to bailout other institutions.

Now it would be bazaar, to the extreme, if they now decide that Qatar are no longer a good egg.

However I appreciate that some people are against the bid, for good reason, however unless you start a campaign and convince the British government that your moral stance should be acknowledged by the country as a whole then unfortunately, with respect, you won't get very far.

You could argue that as United fans we should universally make a stand against state ownership, however given how poorly fans are regarded, the Glazer fiasco being a prime example, I would conclude that the chances of anyone "important" listening are negligible.
The Glazers messed up one club because of incompetence. Nations getting invested into football ruin the competitive integrity of the whole sport long-term. Manchester City dominating world football at the moment is down to both smart decision-making and an unlimited amount of money to build something up over 15 years. And they likely cheated their way to it.

Look at it from this perspective: What's the point of a club like Brighton (that has come such a long way in the last 14 years by playing it smart), if long-term the top 3 spots in the PL will be pre-occupied by City, United and Newcastle? Or will eventually every club be begging for a state to save them?

What's the point of Spurs and Atletico Madrid? Both of them made huge progress to get to where they are now since the early 2000s.
Ok, however if your argument is that these countries/persons are "causing" a cancer in football due to their "doping" then that is a different argument.

Since the 1970s only Brian Clough's Derby and Forest, Bobby Robson's Ipswich had been examples of smaller clubs making an impact. The others have been either sleeping giants or giant football clubs, Jack Walker's Blackburn and Leicester were financially helped.

So the plight of Brighton is nothing new.

There is no way that there will ever be financial parity, just look at Real, Barcelona, Juventus or Bayern, 'established' old clubs that don't give a sh. t.

Last edited:

Enigma_87

You know who
The difference between Berlusconi and Abu Dhabi is 30 years and as we see nothing has actually changed. Cheating is still profitable. Clubs with unlimited funds will always in one way or another be superior to their competitors in commercial sports
It’s pretty easy to bring it closer together but no one wants to do it.
introduce salary caps and remove bonuses.
Pretty much like the NBA - you can and must employ 25 players on your roster for one season and you can’t pay more than 2m per month in total for salaries.

top players will want to get paid and it will spread quality around the teams. Now you have teams like city that can probably field 2 teams that can qualify for top 4

putzmcgee123

Desperately need some good news here, and no, Ratcliffe taking over with all of the Glazers staying is not good news.
I had a dream last night where the Qataris won with a bid of $6.6B (£5.3B). That's probably the best news we're going to get for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.