Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Oh strange. We have lots of different creams up here. 10%, 18% I think I've even seen 35%. The advantage of cool whip is it doesn't melt or spoil as easily because it's made of coconut and palm oil. It also freezes well without affecting the texture.

I wouldn't buy it because of the palm oil, mind you, but lots of people use it.
Cool Whip isn't cream, like spray cheese isn't cheese!

No idea what cream in the UK is because they don't do % like they do here, 2% in the US is semi-skimmed, 4% is full fat and 0% is fat free I guess

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
No, it's a whipped topping. Up here is Canada. :)
They have something like that in the UK as well, me and my brothers would have disowned her if she fed us that!

And I have bone to pick with you Canadians, my Mrs got some Shepherd's pies from Aldi, Canadian made, I thought we taught you better than that, Shepherd's pies are not made with minced beef - WTF!

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
They have something like that in the UK as well, me and my brothers would have disowned her if she fed us that!

And I have bone to pick with you Canadians, my Mrs got some Shepherd's pies from Aldi, Canadian made, I thought we taught you better than that, Shepherd's pies are not made with minced beef - WTF!
Heh. Lamb and mutton aren't popular on this side of the pond and shepherd's pie sounds better than cottage pie.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Heh. Lamb and mutton aren't popular on this side of the pond and shepherd's pie sounds better than cottage pie.
I'm sure if they put a picture of a cottage in a sleepy village on the packaging they'd sell well, Yanks love that sort of thing!

mu4c_20le

Indeed it should be from the meat of shepherds. They might be too expensive in Canada mind.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Indeed it should be from the meat of shepherds. They might be too expensive in Canada mind.
Most of the stores round here don't stock minced lamb, it is more expensive as well though most do sell legs of lamb

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Stop fecking talking about pies you bellends.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Plus lamb mince just isn't a patch on beef mince. Come on fellas.
That's a taste thing, calling a Shepherd's pie made with beef is just wrong, it's a cottage pi,e which is English, Shepherd's pie is made with lamb or mutton and is Irish

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Haven't tried mutton versions of western dishes but for Indian and Mediterranean dishes, mutton versions are the best.
Try a Scotch pie, they're made from mutton or a Lancashire hotpot

Moriarty

That's a taste thing, calling a Shepherd's pie made with beef is just wrong, it's a cottage pi,e which is English, Shepherd's pie is made with lamb or mutton and is Irish
You're making me hungry. Irish stew is made with mutton too. My mum used to make a pot on those cold, damp Manchester nights and it was delicious. Bacon ribs and cabbage was another dish but I haven't seen bacon ribs for donkey's years.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I can’t be exactly sure but I feel like this thread might have gone off topic

Status
Not open for further replies.