Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

:lol: money talks, all he has to do is phone in his big bid. Seems a bit desperate to have to come in person because they won't respond to him.
Nothing like making an impression in person. No doubt the respected Sheikh has bought a beautiful musk as a gift for the lovely Glazers. I’m excited now. :drool: :cool:

Oldyella

God, can't wait for this to be over, no matter which way it ends up. Both sides can have justifiable reasons for concern about the other bidder, but really not covering covering themselves in glory.

At least as soon as its over we will all forget about this and definitely move on with no recriminations about people's preferred buyer

Woziak

Ngl, I wish we were allowed a muppets thread where you could post any wild/crazy tweet/links. Would have made it a little bit more fun than what has transpired in this thread.

Yup. Proper "We got our country back" Vibes. I had the same feeling back with Brexit. The rhetoric was full of masked dog whistles. Obviously no one would come to admit it but the truth was there, even Stevie Wonder could see.

Just dont give me the United fan angle please. The wee rat is as manc as my little toe.

Bloody hell, I must have been living in a cave I had no idea this was a new ruling regarding positions. Top Five eh. Not too shabby gives a bit of breathing room I guess.
Yep we all need to start quoting top 5 providing we stay on top 2 Coefficient ratings in Europe which we will !

FujiVice

We get bought by Qatar 10pm Saturday night. As soon as they lift the trophy.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Any finance guys translate this into English?

In short, people (a large volume) are speculating on the stock ending above $24 by next Friday which obviously implies Qatar gets the club or is at least preferred bidder. For those 70c contracts, people are paying 70c per stock to get the option to buy it at the strike price (e.g. $24) by the expiry date (next Friday).

The Level 2 bit refers to being able to see the demand and supply for options and stocks which can indicate interest and potentially someone knowing something.

Large demand usually means someone knows something but it could very well be a punt as well.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
In short, people (a large volume) are speculating on the stock ending above $24 by next Friday which obviously implies Qatar gets the club or is at least preferred bidder. For those 70c contracts, people are paying 70c per stock to get the option to buy it at the strike price (e.g. $24) by the expiry date (next Friday).

The Level 2 bit refers to being able to see the demand and supply for options and stocks which can indicate interest and potentially someone knowing something.

Large demand usually means someone knows something but it could very well be a punt as well.
So people are buying and expecting it to surge next week. Gotcha!

Interesting that he mentions the price actually dropping then.

Devil You Know

How reliable is this?
Not at all.

None of the parties involved is talking because everybody has signed NDAs.

Imagine you're selling your house. You haven't talked to anybody about how it's going. Mike Keegan is the weird neighbour down the street who's telling everyone what he thinks you're going to do, even though you haven't said a word to him.

Saying the sale is "getting closer" is obviously true because that's how the passage of time works. Saying it's "imminent" is also a safe bet because you can always make up an excuse when it doesn't. This is the footballing equivalent of predicting the end times.

Reactions: Sultan

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Not at all.

None of the parties involved is talking because everybody has signed NDAs.

Imagine you're selling your house. You haven't talked to anybody about how it's going. Mike Keegan is the weird neighbour down the street who's telling everyone what he thinks you're going to do even though you haven't said a word to him.
Well no because Keegan has been used as the Qatar mouthpiece and he's seemingly basing that statement on the new Qatar 'deadline'

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Is that the Chelsea Season Ticket Holder aye? The fact you're lapping up the boyhood club rubbish is a joke. He is keeping the Glazers on as he is a fellow rat, its in his nature. Brexit Jim. The seventh Glazer. But hey least we'll win the Morals Cup yay Go Us! Whilst our noisy neighbours go onto winning further Premier Leagues we shall be winning the Virtue Signalling Trophy
This post is a cnut.

Devil You Know

Well no because Keegan has been used as the Qatar mouthpiece and he's seemingly basing that statement on the new Qatar 'deadline'
Qatar also don't know what the Glazers are going to do. This was supposed to be completed by the end of the first quarter.

Rightnr

So people are buying and expecting it to surge next week. Gotcha!

Interesting that he mentions the price actually dropping then.
Another thing we discussed at the very beginning of this whole thing (even before sale announcement) is the volume of shares traded. If it's low, people might try to sell a small stake of their shares at dumb prices to artificially push the price down. This is less easy to do if the volume of shares traded is higher.

Why would you do that? For one, options might be priced a bit cheaper if the stock is down or not doing much i.e. the chance it goes to 24 or above is lower if its at 16, instead of steadily climbing to 18-20 throughout the day.

Since the 'official' price is what the transactions get done at, you sell 10% of your position at small chunks, keep the price low and load up on options. Again, extremely speculative unless you are privy to the lottery numbers or in this case whoever is winning.

Rightnr

So this is not the transfer forum but if Ratcliffe is winning, how the hell is he selling his midfielder to Liverpool of all clubs?

I know it's about what's best for Nice but surely...

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
So this is not the transfer forum but if Ratcliffe is winning, how the hell is he selling his midfielder to Liverpool of all clubs?

I know it's about what's best for Nice but surely...
Because thats the club hed be jumping into next if the Glazers end up not selling to him
Man has no loyalty. He is a businessman.

croadyman

Cash now is better than cash in 3 years down the line for the Glazers, surely they must of heard about the brevity of life, a lot can happen in 3 years, if I am in their shoes
I am taking the huge cash out from Qatar without any hesitation, and I personally believe that they will.
Where you getting this belief they will take the Qatari money from,only need to look at a tier 1 like Ornstein saying INEOS are confident they have won the race

croadyman

Hel'll turn up to Old Trafford day one carrying a branded umbrella and make a quip about his first job being to fix the hole in the roof. Everyone will laugh because we all love eccentric billionaires and all the nastiness of the last few weeks will be forgotten.
Can safely say this nastiness won't go away

croadyman

I truly believe you’re correct and that we will hear news tomorrow or Saturday.

Don’t think it’ll be sewed up by then obviously, and I think Jassim will go slightly higher.
So like many have said and Phil Brown tweeted why is Jassim continually bidding less than Ratcliffe. Then again if the leeches want to stay and he has offered that why haven't they accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.