Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NK86

According to latest reports the Qatari’s view the club to be worth £4.5b and that’s what they’re planning on offering. Whereas the Glazers are looking to get between £6-8b which is pure fantasy but they hold the cards unfortunately.
I had read most report of $5B as the asking price. £4.5B is absolutely fine in that case. I have no doubt that Glazers will sell. If they value their shares at around £6B, then they are saying that the total worth of the club in the current situation is around £8B, that's before we consider the debt and condition of the physical assets.

They will sell to the the highest bidder, which will most likely be Qatar. Also, unless there's an ESL, they are not increasing the value of the club in the short term and they don't have the funds to increase the value by themselves.

I have not even taken into consideration the massive fan protests if they decide to hang on after showing the world they want to sell.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Sure, no problem with that.

I see it differently though, it tells me that they've got domestic policies which we see as abhorrent but they aren't interested in enforcing the same outside.

For me, that delineation is sufficient to not impact my support of the club.
This is so dumb, how could they enforce another country to accept their domestic policies?! :houllier:

Infra-red

Am I right in saying that when the Qatari's buy us, that money is going to the Glazers and THEN the new owners have to pay off the debt?

Or will the Glazer cnuts pay that off with their money???
Yes, correct. The debt belongs to the club (even though it was put on United's balance sheet by the Glazers).

The new owner will have to decide what they want to do with it. Ratcliffe will reportedly clear the debt. I'd expect most if not all of the groups interested in buying the club, would do the same.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
According to latest reports the Qatari’s view the club to be worth £4.5b and that’s what they’re planning on offering. Whereas the Glazers are looking to get between £6-8b which is pure fantasy but they hold the cards unfortunately.
Think earlier expectation was around 5bn. So 4.5b first bid is in line with what is expected.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

I follow my religion which is against homosexuality, but I am not against homosexuals. I believe people can do whatever they want and like. I will hang out with those people be friends with them. Eventually if there are wrong they will judged by God itself on the day of judgement.
Good lord.

Tapori

Thank you for your honesty. We host the WC to break boundaries but yet there are people who wants to wipe us from the world. it's the same story over and over again. Visit the ME and mingle with the people and truly form your opinion. Not just by reading an article or a column you judge the whole nation and accuse them of being backwards and can't come to the modern world like everyone else.
We truly saw the hypocrisy from Western media and culture in their coverage.
The BBC all but removed any reference to the Middle East's cultural heritage for it's World Cup programs intro preferring to pay a Scottish firm for a student assignment level mock-up with a refrain modelled on "Chips Cheese and Donner" Youtube video compared with fantastic programs fro France 98, Russia 2018 et al.

and

Vs

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/IPgdyVS3Eec

I am in one way glad for not only is the crass dissociation present when the tournament was held in Russia; but we eagerly await the same calls for political boycott when the World Cup appears in a very militaristic, imperial country very soon...

Tarrou

Am I right in saying that when the Qatari's buy us, that money is going to the Glazers and THEN the new owners have to pay off the debt?

the debt is on the club and isn't the Glazers liability

we don't know the terms of the debt, so it might need to be paid off with a change of ownership, or renegotiated

for example Ineos want to buy us with debt so they would almost certainly pay off the club debt and refinance it under their own terms

NLunited

We will have to see who exactly is bidding and how the bid is structured, to understand what kind of damage this could do to the club.

The debate about sportswashing won‘t go away if there is clear links to the Qatar state. It overshadowed the WC.

Amnesty international wants the PL to set rules about human rights compliance for owners. Because of the world wide reach of the PL this is a good idea.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Yep. The Glazer’s own the club. The club owns the debt. If you buy the club you are taking on the debt.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We will have to see who exactly is bidding and how the bid is structured, to understand what kind of damage this could do to the club.

The debate about sportswashing won‘t go away if there is clear links to the Qatar state. It overshadowed the WC.

Amnesty international wants the PL to set rules about human rights compliance for owners. Because of the world wide reach of the PL this is a good idea.
It didn’t overshadow the WC at all really once it got going.

Andy_Cole

Yeh but it’s no biggie.

The club is valued at £6bn debt free or £5bn with debt.

It just reduces the value of the club.

Nick7

The debt is on the club. The new owners, or the club will have to pay it off.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Missing the whole point of my example as gulf country's women can be whatever they want to be. We don't discriminate against them. For instance. We have women playing football in Saudi for crying out loud.

I live here and I know what I'm talking about.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...c-on-death-row-for-using-twitter-and-whatsapp - Court documents reveal reasons for Awad Al-Qarni’s arrest – even though rulers are major investors in social media platforms

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ven-34-year-prison-sentence-for-using-twitter - A Saudi student at Leeds University who had returned home to the kingdom for a holiday has been sentenced to 34 years in prison for having a Twitter account and for following and retweeting dissidents and activists.

Totally normal place.

NK86

Were they not paying attention when Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia came calling over the last 10 years? This is the kind of hypocrisy which boils my piss.

NLunited

It didn’t overshadow the WC at all really once it got going.
I don‘t agree with that, it wasn‘t as successful the Qatari‘s hoped it would be. They got more negative attention than they expected.

Especially regarding their treatment of migrant workers but also LGTB and women‘s rights. Things they don‘t like to talk about.

NLunited

Were they not paying attention when Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia came calling over the last 10 years? This is the kind of hypocrisy which boils my piss.
I agree. Those countries are as bad or worse.

This takeover is way bigger though.

BluesJr

I don‘t agree with that, it wasn‘t as successful the Qatari‘s hoped it would be. They got more negative attention than they expected.

Especially regarding their treatment of migrant workers but also LGTB and women‘s rights. Things they don‘t like to talk about.
Couldn’t disagree more. People loved the WC and thought it was one of the most entertaining ever, with the GOAT winning the whole thing. Football fans as a majority do not give a feck about wider issues. Just the way it is.

stevoc

If Qatar takeover does happen at least I hope we wont see stuff like this although it wouldn't at all surprise me.

Fecking hell, yeah if this does happen we can only hope we don't see idiots like these two balloons at OT embarrassing themselves.

DevilRed

Has anyone ever thought of the worst case scenario in which if Qatar bid 4.5bn and the Glazers turn around and reject their offer?

Oh gosh. I think there would be riots.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
What are the odds that at the end of the week, the Glazers go:

"Having assessed the proposals that have been submitted to us regarding investment/purchase of the club this week, we are not satisfied at the moment and will revisit the situation in the future"

BluesJr

What are the odds that at the end of the week, the Glazers go:

"Having assessed the proposals that have been submitted to us regarding investment/purchase of the club this week, we are not satisfied at the moment and will revisit the situation in the future"
Zero chance really.

Infra-red

Yes, they were:

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-re...d-must-prompt-football-ownership-rule-changes
https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-re...astle-prepare-first-game-after-saudi-takeover
https://www.skysports.com/football/...ier-league-meeting-over-saudi-backed-takeover
https://www.skysports.com/football/...nd-eddie-howe-to-speak-out-on-saudi-ownership

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ter-city-amnesty-international-football-leaks
https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/nov/11/manchester-city-owners-accused-sportswashing-gulf-image
https://www.middleeasteye.net/fr/ne...and-football-leaders-over-uae-ties-2135988559

If United are taken over by Qatar, Saudi Arabia or some other nation state with a dreadful record of violating human rights, there will be widespread criticism and calls for Ten Hag and prominent players to speak out. This is inevitable and correct.

ShinjiNinja26

Has anyone ever thought of the worst case scenario in which if Qatar bid 4.5bn and the Glazers turn around and reject their offer?

Oh gosh. I think there would be riots.
That’s the worst case scenario. They price everyone out of a full sale and then let some US investors buy a minority stake while the parasites remain in power.

The Irish Connection

The whole thing about the Qatari bid being disguised as not coming from the state is a red flag to be honest. Sounds very much like something Man City would do, and also, would we then automatically be PSG fans?
Could see trouble down the line.
Really hope it’s Ratcliffe who wins out. He’s not perfect but would sit a lot better with me and show that there’s a bit of a homegrown feel left in the game at the highest level.

NLunited

Couldn’t disagree more. People loved the WC and thought it was one of the most entertaining ever, with the GOAT winning the whole thing. Football fans as a majority do not give a feck about wider issues. Just the way it is.
That goes for most people, until it personally affects them.

troylocker

This thread makes me lose faith in humanity. If replacing a greedy capitalist with a tyrant dictator is applauded as a change for the better, then there really isn't much hope for the world going forward.
Imagine living in a country where you cannot say what you want, you cannot believe in what you want, you cannot freely choose the lifepartner you want, you cannot dress as you like, you have no vote and your selfappointed government is the church, law, jury, executioner and controls 100% of the power and resources in your country. Sportswashing is a huge problem and we cannot take their money to look the other way.

BluesJr

This thread makes me lose faith in humanity. If replacing a greedy capitalist with a tyrant dictator is applauded as a change for the better, then there really isn't much hope for the world going forward.
Imagine living in a country where you cannot say what you want, you cannot believe in what you want, you cannot freely choose the lifepartner you want, you cannot dress as you like, you have no vote and your selfappointed government is the church, law, jury, executioner and controls 100% of the power and resources in your country. Sportswashing is a huge problem and we cannot take their money to look the other way.
You’re only losing faith in humanity now? What took you so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.