Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

Precisely. Few would question that decision, wouldn't you say? Though admittedly Steve Bruce isn't exactly Tuchel or Ten Hag.
I get what others say, Bruce this that or the other.

Its proof that new owners, want their own man in charge. It happens, there are no certainties a new owner keeps Ten Hag.

NLunited

Moot point. They haven't said they will get rid of him either. The most recent owner to come in and sack a coach was American, by the way. A very questionable decision in retrospect, to say the least. Newcastle on the other hand have done splendidly ever since. There are no guarantees with any owner in this regard. And to be brutally honest, if Ten Hag is the price to get rid of the leeches, I would see him out myself.

The thing about Pep is absolute nonsense.
Yes Pep will happily lead City back to the PL from League one. Ridiculous nonsense.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah PSG are surely fecked if this happens. They were supposed to be transformed into a global club up there with the biggest and instead have become a symbol of failure that people don't really take seriously on the European stage.

Bosws87

Ten hag will not be sacked or replaced by Pep, pass whatever is in your water supply this way please.

Bruce was sacked because he does not have the pedigree or any experience of transforming a team into a top 4 outfit with the ultimate goal the winning the league.

If anything the appointment of Eddie Howe shows that the people in charge knew the right approach and the man needed to establish them where they want to be. Howe will be ruthlessly replaced as soon as they have established themselves in the top4/6

Telsim

Yes Pep will happily lead City back to the PL from League one. Ridiculous nonsense.
I meant what the original OP said. Something about the Qatari luring Pep here. That is absolute nonsense. He will be gone in 0.0001 seconds, if City get relegated. He will either get an NT job or take a break.

Judas

Open to offers

Its proof that new owners, want their own man in charge. It happens, there are no certainties a new owner keeps Ten Hag.
It’s proof they want a competent manager in charge, we’ve got that.

The desperation to make it seem like Ten Hag is out the door if Qatar takes over is bizarre, this fanbase deserves the misery it puts out sometimes.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Then you are assuming people who have just spent 6billion quid are stupid or naive. They wont get involved in the ops initially. The only person who's job is in jeopardy is Arnold. But with United being on the upward trajectory, they probably wont change anything anytime soon.

enghuei

Cheats at Tetris
I don‘t know, but show me a tweet where the Qataris say they want to keep Ten Hag. All I have seen are promises of train stations, Mbappés and Bellinghams.

Although if they did, it would be meaningless because once they own United, they can do whatever they feel like.

The City fans expect Pep to jump ship before they ever get slapped with punishments.
There you go.

BarstoolProphet

One aspect I'm surprised gets little to no coverage is the Qatar rivalry with Abu Dhabi.

Am I mistaken that the two don't really get on, so buying us and relegating Citeh to second best in their backyard (where they should be) is an added incentive?
UAE and Qatar had a major falling out a few years ago (see Qatar diplomatic crisis). Among other things UAE and KSA thinks Qatar has been funding terrorist networks, but basically they have different geopolitical views. Last year they decided to reinstore their diplomatic relationship but recently QatarGate has threatened that status again.

Last edited:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Some very silly posts in here. Takeover can’t happen soon enough. Pep ffs.

romufc

Then you are assuming people who have just spent 6billion quid are stupid or naive. They wont get involved in the ops initially. The only person who's job is in jeopardy is Arnold. But with United being on the upward trajectory, they probably wont change anything anytime soon.

So why is Arnold's position under jeopardy?

romufc

It’s proof they want a competent manager in charge, we’ve got that.

The desperation to make it seem like Ten Hag is out the door if Qatar takes over is bizarre, this fanbase deserves the misery it puts out sometimes.
There is a difference between fans wanting him out and fans worried.

But okay make up your narrative that fans want him out.

In the same way I am still worried that the Glazers will do a U-turn and not sell.

sglowrider

So why is Arnold's position under jeopardy?
If they spend 6billion quid many would want one of their own overseeing their investment. From Ratcliffe to Nasser.

But the upside is that United is on the upswing. If I were the new owner, I would ask Arnold what he would do if given a certain new budget; shackled unrestrained and give me new business cases with financial projections. Then keep him for a year before reviewing his progress in executing the new plans.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We all know that winding United fans up generates news and clicks.

We also know if something can go wrong it most likely will where the glazers are concerned. I doubt they care who they sell to or how they finance the deal as long as they get their money. Or even worse they’ll try and stick around affer putting us in even more debt.

It’s been nothing but decline on their watch.

All we can hope for is a full sale to someone wealthy, passionate about the game and sympathetic to the clubs core values.

Judas

Open to offers
There is a difference between fans wanting him out and fans worried.

But okay make up your narrative that fans want him out.

In the same way I am still worried that the Glazers will do a U-turn and not sell.
I’m not saying that at all? You like a lot of others want to be hysterical that Qatar are going to bin him off. You are choosing to buy into a narrative based on bad logic and no common sense. You’re part of a weird set of fans who read into Twitter nonsense and need to be panicking.

I understand the Glazer worry, even though it’s massively unlikely, we’ll all have that little niggle in our heads, but some want to make out it’s far more likely turn of events than others. Maybe it’s a coping mechanism.

romufc

If they spend 6billion quid many would want one of their own overseeing their investment. From Ratcliffe to Nasser.

But the upside is that United is on the upswing. If I were the new owner, I would ask Arnold what he would do if given a certain new budget; shackled unrestrained and give me new business cases with financial projections. Then keep him for a year before reviewing his progress in executing the new plans.
Yes, correct.

I agree with that.

Its quite funny because alot of people on here saying why would you sack the Ten Hag when he is the reason we are on the upward spiral.

When we were bad, didnt the board get blamed? Woodward and the like?

So when we are doing well, why is it solely the manager? Arnold and the new board have had a hand in this too, by getting Ten Hag in and working closely with him.

They got rid of Rangnick because Ten Hag didn't want to work with him, what if they get a new CEO with a new DFO that Ten Hag can;t work with?

romufc

I’m not saying that at all? You like a lot of others want to be hysterical that Qatar are going to bin him off. You are choosing to buy into a narrative based on bad logic and no common sense. You’re part of a weird set of fans who read into Twitter nonsense and need to be panicking.

I understand the Glazer worry, even though it’s massively unlikely, we’ll all have that little niggle in our heads, but some want to make out it’s far more likely turn of events than others. Maybe it’s a coping mechanism.

Right I am part of a weird set of fans but you are the model fan right?

please teach me how to be a normal fan.

Steve 007

These are the simple facts. We cannot compete with Newcastle, Chelsea, Man City, PSG and Real Madrid in the transfer market under our current owners. We’ve spent a bomb but it’s all come direct from sponsorship, Tv, match day and merchandise revenue. When I say compete I mean for players like Haaland and Mbappe. The best of the best. With Liverpool potentially been taken over too we could find ourselves well behind again. Do I want oil money running the club? Of course not, will I take it? Of course.

Bosws87

Nevermind that, you don't just piss around the people they are inviting to buy just as a big joke, really you were going to keep it all along. :lol:

seriously powerful people.

NLunited

I apologize for taking this thread off-topic once again, it will be the last time.

Just proved once more fans are more worried about Ten Hag getting fired than being taken over by a corrupt repressive regime. Which would severely hurt the club, make no mistake.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I apologize for taking this thread off-topic once again, it will be the last time.

Just proved once more fans are more worried about Ten Hag getting fired than being taken over by a corrupt repressive regime. Which would severely hurt the club, make no mistake.
Please give it a rest mate. No one cares.

sglowrider

Yes, correct.

I agree with that.

Its quite funny because alot of people on here saying why would you sack the Ten Hag when he is the reason we are on the upward spiral.

So when we are doing well, why is it solely the manager? Arnold and the new board have had a hand in this too, by getting Ten Hag in and working closely with him.

They got rid of Rangnick because Ten Hag didn't want to work with him, what if they get a new CEO with a new DFO that Ten Hag can;t work with?
That's why I think Arnold will survive the initial pass. We are on the upswing. But he will be asked to give his best case scenario and worst and present to the new owners. They will want to see his ideas

Judas

Open to offers

Fair play for admitting no one wants to read your posts, quite self aware. Glad you’re stopping.

Steve 007

Yes, correct.

I agree with that.

Absolutely correct, Arnold can only
Be judged on his work so far. He’s been really honest with fans, supported Ten Hagg. If I was the owner I’d want his experience for a while.

romufc

That's why I think Arnold will survive the initial pass. We are on the upswing. But he will be asked to give his best case scenario and worst and present to the new owners. They will want to see his ideas
Agree but in football, things change very quick, 1 month you are upswing, 3 months later its different.

The sale is not happening today, it will take months.

You just dont know what new owners want to do. We all know Ten Hag is the right man for the job, we all support him.

Chelsea fans all supported Tuchel, he was gone.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
These are the simple facts. We cannot compete with Newcastle, Chelsea, Man City, PSG and Real Madrid in the transfer market under our current owners. We’ve spent a bomb but it’s all come direct from sponsorship, Tv, match day and merchandise revenue. When I say compete I mean for players like Haaland and Mbappe. The best of the best. With Liverpool potentially been taken over too we could find ourselves well behind again. Do I want oil money running the club? Of course not, will I take it? Of course.
Yes, finally someone gets it.

All good and well toeing the morality line whilst ignoring sponsors, investment, current owner, potential other new owner morality issues and because this one is more spoken about or present in the media its the one that you specifically don't want but in the grand scheme of things its not just Liverpool.

Spurs are also the subject of increased interest and even met with the QIA, not only that, the prospective investors or owners of liverpool would be Qatar. Expect some of the non selected to invest in them if they dont land us.

Not only that, you have wealthy individuals already in place at other clubs and clubs like Everton are for sale also.

Trust me, if we do not get the wealth in now, and the investment isnt LARGE and more powerful than the others in the league we will absolutely slip into obscurity as a past giant unable to compete.

This isnt Seria A or La Liga, the premier league is the super league, the wealth of clubs is hitting critical mass. Unless you are in the top 5/4 wealthiest clubs in the world you simply will not be competing regardless of morals or history.

If you are that concerned with it all you should have supported FC United of Manchester years ago like many others did when the Glazers came in.

Its a bit late to plead the moral high ground.

Just to finish on this, you will absolutely see 100m become a regular fee for players and I fully expect well see 150m or 200m players in the coming summer.

Enzo is a decent player, but hes not 130m good, it doesn't matter about the quality of the individual, the market dictates price and with the wealth of clubs like Toon and Chelsea unless we get an owner like Qatar we will absolutely slip into top 10 territory its a plain fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.