Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what has been said so far, they aren't taking on any additional debt to fund their potential purchase. That is a big positive so not sure why you feel they could be "stretching themselves" for this.
They haven’t even put a second bid in yet, so yeah, if they aren’t state funded that well may have to do with them stretching themselves.
Neither you nor I know and that’s always been the problem here, we have no idea about Jassim or about the funding for “his” bid.

Not if doesn’t meet what they want,will admit after feeling so positively about them selling have lost confidence last few days and fear those leeches staying on to make life even shiter for us
It’s never just about what Joel & Avram want though, they are selling to INEOS at that reported price if Qatar don’t come back. The other siblings will ensure it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Maybe Sheikh Jassim was the bluffer all along. :lol:
Could be but I doubt it. Jassim's father is legendary in the ME. If this turns out to be a farce then his reputation, that of his dad and indirectly qatar will be dragged into mud. These people would hate that

Bosws87

Firstly, it sounds like they're lining up Paul Mitchell as director of football. This guy is very competent indeed.

Secondly, please be careful with language - 'saddling us with debt' is meant to sound like they'd be Glazers mark 2. But you know perfectly well this is a completely different business model:
- they need the club to grow and be successful to earn anything out of it, unlike the Glazers.
- they have to invest in the squad and infrastructure to make it grow
- the debt would not be on the club, unlike the Glazers
- their need to get a return on investment is not some uniquely evil business practice, it's how 99.99% of these acquisitions are. Even Qatar will want to see some financial gain from it. Boehly needs to turn a profit.
let’s hope he’s not the “master of the football directors” as the last “master of the gegenpress” had us doing it for 30 minutes of his first game and thats it :lol:

stevoc

Could be but I doubt it. Jassim's father is legendary in the ME. If this turns out to be a farce then his reputation, that of his dad and indirectly qatar will be dragged into mud. These people would hate that
Not necessarily if they think it's over priced then they could walk away. It's possible the Qatari's given their vast wealth always want to be seen as tough negotiators and not clowns that will eventually just pay whatever price it takes.

crossy1686

career ending
Agreed. No one seems to know much and yet journos continue to spam our feeds with hearsay.
According to the Athletic is was.

- INEOS requested more time to prepare and adjust their bid.
- The Raine group accepted and then contacted the Qatar group to notify them of the deadline extension.

crossy1686

career ending
Firstly, it sounds like they're lining up Paul Mitchell as director of football. This guy is very competent indeed.

Secondly, please be careful with language - 'saddling us with debt' is meant to sound like they'd be Glazers mark 2. But you know perfectly well this is a completely different business model:
- they need the club to grow and be successful to earn anything out of it, unlike the Glazers.
- they have to invest in the squad and infrastructure to make it grow
- the debt would not be on the club, unlike the Glazers
- their need to get a return on investment is not some uniquely evil business practice, it's how 99.99% of these acquisitions are. Even Qatar will want to see some financial gain from it. Boehly needs to turn a profit.
Is he going to pay off the £1b debt we have?

Godfather

I do hope there is more to come. The thought of the leeches staying. Can't take it

Last edited:
According to the Athletic is was.

- INEOS requested more time to prepare and adjust their bid.
- The Raine group accepted and then contacted the Qatar group to notify them of the deadline extension.
The Athletic along with the rest of the media completely lost credibility on this one when they all briefed Qatari “World Record bid” being in the other night.
Clear they are trying to cover their arses on this one.

What? Nothing about walking away from a deal you feel is getting overpriced is shameful. Many good Qatari businessmen, likely including his Dad judging by his comments, would appreciate that.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Not necessarily if they think it's over priced then they could walk away. It's possible the Qatari's given their vast wealth always want to be seen as tough negotiators and not clowns that will eventually just pay whatever price it takes.
Then they should place a second bid which is according to their valuation. If its rejected then they can walk away with their head held high. Walking away, at this stage, without even placing a bid would sound sketchy as hell.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
Why are we suggesting people are walking away from a deal?

What news have I missed? Can’t see anything
Nothing.

INEOS asked for an extension, Ranie agreed then called Qatar to tell them they also had an extension.

INEOS then put their bid in and Qatar have said they're still preparing theirs and it will be in soon.

Both bids in the region of £4b excluding paying off the debt currently on the club, which Qatar have said they will do, INEOS have not.

Journalists are falling over themselves to be the first to report the bid as 'in' but every time they jump the gun someone from Qatar comes out and says 'we haven't bid yet'

TheReligion

Abusive
Nothing.

INEOS asked for an extension, Ranie agreed then called Qatar to tell them they also had an extension.

INEOS then put their bid in and Qatar have said they're still preparing theirs and it will be in soon.

Both bids in the region of £4b excluding paying off the debt currently on the club, which Qatar have said they will do, INEOS have not.

Journalists are falling over themselves to be the first to report the bid as 'in' but every time they jump the gun someone from Qatar comes out and says 'we haven't bid yet'
I don’t get the panic. JRs bid is in, along with others, and I fully expect SJ will submit a second bid.

These deadlines don’t really exist. They are simply an ideal timeline Raine would like progress to be made.

Whoever pays what the Glazers want will get the club. If they bid Friday, Saturday or in a weeks time, it doesn’t matter.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I don’t get the panic. JRs bid is in, along with others, and I fully expect SJ will submit a second bid.
Seems the pro Qatar lobby aren’t so bullish about their guy now, and are seeing their shiny new stadium and transfer millions disappear before their eyes.
I have no doubt he will bid again, and will be shocked if he doesn’t.

stevoc

Then they should place a second bid which is according to their valuation. If its rejected then they can walk away with their head held high. Walking away, at this stage, without even placing a bid would sound sketchy as hell.
They likely know the size of the Ineos bid, hypothetically if they think it's overpriced then there's no point in them bidding again.

Having said that I expect they will place another bid.

TheReligion

Abusive
Seems the pro Qatar lobby aren’t so bullish about their guy now, and are seeing their shiny new stadium and transfer millions disappear before their eyes.
This thread is weird and follows a strange cycle where everyone makes up negative news and takes it as gospel yet when anything positive comes out about the Glazers going questions the source and suggests it’s made up.

The amount of times I’ve seen people panicking that someone from the process will pull out and buy Liverpool (who aren’t even on the market) is ridiculous!

Some majorly insecure folk.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

These deadlines don’t really exist. They are simply an ideal timeline Raine would like progress to be made.

Whoever pays what the Glazers want will get the club. If they bid Friday, Saturday or in a weeks time, it doesn’t matter.
Exactly - all this deadline stuff is total bollocks dreamed up by the media for clicks and views. Just like all the guff that surrounds the transfer market

When the bidders originally visited Old Trafford, it was said they had 10 days to bid. That seems like a more realistic timeline but even that is likely to be flexible as the bidders are given a chance to ask for more info
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/sheikh-jassim-second-bid-man-114131563.html

Also worth noting that Ramadan just kicked off so that might slow things in Qatar plus Friday/Saturday is the weekend there.

Last edited:

stevoc

Yep a few arses twitching this weekend it seems.

TheReligion

Abusive
Exactly - all this deadline stuff is total bollocks dreamed up by the media for clicks and views. Just like all the guff that surrounds the transfer market

When the bidders originally visited Old Trafford, it was said they had 10 days to bid. That seems like a more realistic timeline but even that is likely to be flexible as the bidders are given a chance to ask for more info
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/sheikh-jassim-second-bid-man-114131563.html

Also worth noting that Ramadan just kicked off so that might slow things in Qatar
Well the transfer market has a deadline for things to get done but a business deal doesn’t.

As I say it’s more a timeline created by Raine, on behalf of the Glazers, which presents the ideal process from start to finish. Obviously such things don’t always strictly follow the ideal timeline but you can bet no one will be excluded from purchasing the club based on failing to strictly follow the guidance.

Ultimately the whole process, including media leaks, is designed to create buffing tension to ramp up the value to the maximum for the Glasers.

Id wager much of what is coming out is from Raine/Glazers and it’s likely gone quiet now given there’s only one bid pending so there’s not much more tension to be created until it is submitted.

I think for those that want Qatari owners the delay is actually positive given it suggests a thorough evaluation and a higher likelihood of meeting the demands of what Raine are looking for.

It seems JR asked for the extension which suggests his bid needed more time, possibly to increase financing, and as such the natural response from Qatar would be to use the time to ensure they surpassed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.