Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Castles is a total bullshit merchant, Braga aren't about to become our feeder club ffs. That would make it obvious that we're owned by the same cnuts who own PSG and they're supposed to be pretending they're a separate group.
Nottingham forest and Olympiakos are owned by the same owner, I don’t see anybody pretending otherwise there.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Given Brexit, it probably makes sense for us to have a link up with an European club if we want to sign some of the best young uncapped talent. INEOS would already have that sorted with Nice and Lausanne.

lucas11

This deal is not getting done, when I said that this morning people jumped on me. Here we are almost 12 hours later, $Man Utd stock cratered. The reality is this, the Glazers do not want to sell, nor do they need to. They are rich, whoever says they aren't is kidding. They own the Tampa Bucs in the NFL and Man Utd, money is not a big deal for them. They're savvy businessmen, they want to basically stuff all the debt on the team and max out what they can get on the otherside. Avram Glazer may be the most hated man on this forum but he is a brilliant businessman. If the sheikh wants the team he can pay $7b+, but we all know he won't do it. The glazers hold one of the best assets in the world, why would you lower your price just to where bidders are, either the bidders come up or the Man Utd fans continue to enjoy the Glazer experience.

sosolid4u09

One thing I don't understand is that ineos is bidding for 69% supposedly. So a 4.5bn ineos bid for 69 is far superior to anything the Qataris are bidding for? Why haven't they bitten jims hand off then and why doesnt this make their bid the clear front runner? In fact a 4.5bn bid for 69% values the club at over 6.5bn. Yet all reports are saying the glazers want 6bn.so they want 6bn for their 69%??? Valuing the club at 8.7bn. Which is utterly ridiculous

What am i missing?

I Am Zlatan

One thing I don't understand is that ineos is bidding for 69% supposedly. So a 4.5bn ineos bid for 69 is far superior to anything the Qataris are bidding for? Why haven't they bitten jims hand off then and why doesnt this make their bid the clear front runner? In fact a 4.5bn bid for 69% values the club at over 6.5bn. Yet all reports are saying the glazers want 6bn.so they want 6bn for their 69%??? Valuing the club at 8.7bn. Which is utterly ridiculous

What am i missing?
From my understanding, the glazers own 69% (class B/voting shares), and essentially both Jassim and Jim are buying the 69% from the Glazers, but it’s said that Jassim would also buy the remainder 31% from the share holders. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

What am i missing?
You are missing that 69% of something valued at 4 5 billion is just over 3 billion I'd guess.

Assuming that all shares are valued equally, which they may well not be.

Woziak

The Athletic are adamant that the figures mentioned for the Ineos and Qatar bids are the valuation of the entire club including the debt.

So, assuming they have each bid £5bn, the Glazers would be getting (5bn - net debt)*69% = c. £2.9bn directly to the Glazers for all their Class B shares (or about £500m each).
Ineos have stated they have only bid for 69% of the company which would makes no sense for them to bid for 100% of the company, plus they are not obliged to bid for 100% under the ‘Camen Islands’ transfer of business law just yet as they are looking to only purchase controlling shares plus there simply no way the Glazier’s are selling their shares for £500m each for a total of £3bn, no chance, this might be one time they have It wrong or don’t have all the facts of the NDA bids or bad journalism which is unusual for the Athletic. I’d like to see other members views on what the bids are actually for percentage wise?

If this is indeed the bid breakdown by both SJR and SJ then £5bn would be as follows; The Debt(£620m).
Not Owned By Glaziers 30.5% =£1.335bn
Owned By Glaziers 69.5% = 3.045bn

MiamiSpartan

Ineos have stated they have only bid for 69% of the company which would makes no sense for them to bid for 100% of the company, plus they are not obliged to bid for 100% under the ‘Camen Islands’ transfer of business law just yet as they are looking to only purchase controlling shares plus there simply no way the Glazier’s are selling their shares for £500m each for a total of £3bn, no chance, this might be one time they have It wrong or don’t have all the facts of the NDA bids or bad journalism which is unusual for the Athletic. I’d like to see other members views on what the bids are actually for percentage wise?

If this is indeed the bid breakdown by both SJR and SJ then £5bn would be as follows; The Debt(£620m).
I think both are bidding for the 69% in reality. All of the "Qatar bidding for 100%" reports is just PR. It is probably their intention to buy the rest out, but that is obviously not included in what they're offering to the Glazers.

Whether the 5bn numbers are what they're offering for the 69% or if they're bidding for 69% based on a 5bn valuation of the club as a whole (i.e., 3.45bn to the Glazers), I don't know.

Part of me feels that the PR circulating makes it sound like it is 5bn for the Glazers 69%, but in reality it is based on a 5bn total valuation. The reason this seems plausible is that even a 5bn valuation of the club is way over what financial experts have suggested (I've heard the likes of Lord O'Neill and Kieran Maguire suggest that the club is worth in the low 3bn range, from a business perspective). So it's hard to see SJR and Qatar valuing the club at 7bn+ (if the 5bn figure represents 69%).

However, I take the figures being reported with a grain of salt. I am of the belief that there is a PR agenda from one of the parties behind every report.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
The Athletic are adamant that the figures mentioned for the Ineos and Qatar bids are the valuation of the entire club including the debt.

So, assuming they have each bid £5bn, the Glazers would be getting (5bn - net debt)*69% = c. £2.9bn directly to the Glazers for all their Class B shares (or about £500m each).
This was my understanding when the original announcement was made . It was said the Glazers value the club at 6b, not sure whether £s or $s.
It makes no sense for their 69% to worth 6b because their valuation of the club will be at around 9 to 10b with the debt.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Multi club ownership had existed for a long time. Milan under Berlusconi had Monza while Juventus had a special deal with Parma (although they didn't share the same owners) were they basically cherry picked the best players. Currently there's the likes of Red Bull, INEOS and City football group. Even Brighton are part of a multi club ownership with Tony Bloom owning a Belgian side as well. The Red bull group is the reason why Sesko had probably moved to Leipzig instead of United btw

That is beneficial for both sides

- struggling sides will be provided with talent and steady finances to stay afloat
- big sides can loan players knowing that they won't play dirty with them as Newcastle did with Giuseppe Rossi by letting him rot on the bench.

QSI owns just 22 percent of Braga thus I can't see it becoming our feeder club anytime soon. There's more of a chance that Nice and Lausanne take that role if INEOS buy us.

Sir Erik ten Hag

For all the talk of London and the agents fee (bit of a Caf myth). The biggest reason we lost out on Hazard was the fact Chelsea agreed to pay a 21 year old £180k per week. Pretty much double what United were offering.
Didn't he say he would join the Champions League winner of that year? Bayern was 1 penalty away from getting Hazard and I don't think they would pay that amount.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Didn't he say he would join the Champions League winner of that year? Bayern was 1 penalty away from getting Hazard and I don't think they would pay that amount.
That’s more of a narrative he was spinning. I don’t think he cared about anything outside of the best offer as long as they guaranteed Champions League.

Ferguson confirmed there was a £6m agent fee for him, similar situation for Nasri too. We ended up with Kagawa after all of that.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Castles is a total bullshit merchant, Braga aren't about to become our feeder club ffs. That would make it obvious that we're owned by the same cnuts who own PSG and they're supposed to be pretending they're a separate group.
It's easily done, Tony Bloom owns Brighton and has large stake in USG in Belgium. Both could make Europe this year but because Bloom's stake in USG is below 51% it should be OK, though Brighton regularly use USG as a feeder club, Mitoma, Undav and Caicedo all spent time there for example.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

What am i missing?
His bid of 4.5b was the valuation he puts on the whole club - for the Glazer shares he would only pay 69% of that which is about 2.9b.

Real Name

What does this have to do with Jassims bid?
Does he run the country?

Maybe we should blame SJR for Brexit and Lockdown breaches.
Right on cue.
It didnt take long, as expected.

It reminds me of one time some poster wrote Qatar bid doesnt have anything to do with politics.

redcucumber

But we were told by people on here that the spotlight on Qatar had suddenly shown them the error of their very well ingrained ways? That drastic improvements had been and continue to be made? Stunning revelation.

mctrials23

But we were told by people on here that the spotlight on Qatar had suddenly shown them the error of their very well ingrained ways? That drastic improvements had been and continue to be made? Stunning revelation.
Thats why we went. It wasn't for the money. It was to shine a light and be the change we wanted to be in the world. #PeaceAndLove #activism

This is what irks people so much. So much of peoples care is performative so that they can pat themselves on the back and still do the damaging things they do. I am not better but I am at least honest that I fundamentally don't care that much. I care just as much as the people who profess to care but do nothing that causes them any discomfort. How many people who complained about Qatar didn't watch it. How many of the pundits still took their fat pay cheques to go there and cover the event and give their 5 minute hand wringing speech about human rights to absolve themselves of their guilt.

Member 125398

Thats why we went. It wasn't for the money. It was to shine a light and be the change we wanted to be in the world. #PeaceAndLove #activism

This is what irks people so much. So much of peoples care is performative so that they can pat themselves on the back and still do the damaging things they do. I am not better but I am at least honest that I fundamentally don't care that much. I care just as much as the people who profess to care but do nothing that causes them any discomfort. How many people who complained about Qatar didn't watch it. How many of the pundits still took their fat pay cheques to go there and cover the event and give their 5 minute hand wringing speech about human rights to absolve themselves of their guilt.
Not really, we're saying we don't want the club associated with this.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Multi club ownership had existed for a long time. Milan under Berlusconi had Monza while Juventus had a special deal with Parma (although they didn't share the same owners) were they basically cherry picked the best players. Currently there's the likes of Red Bull, INEOS and City football group. Even Brighton are part of a multi club ownership with Tony Bloom owning a Belgian side as well. The Red bull group is the reason why Sesko had probably moved to Leipzig instead of United btw

That is beneficial for both sides

- struggling sides will be provided with talent and steady finances to stay afloat
- big sides can loan players knowing that they won't play dirty with them as Newcastle did with Giuseppe Rossi by letting him rot on the bench.

QSI owns just 22 percent of Braga thus I can't see it becoming our feeder club anytime soon. There's more of a chance that Nice and Lausanne take that role if INEOS buy us.
It's easily done, Tony Bloom owns Brighton and has large stake in USG in Belgium. Both could make Europe this year but because Bloom's stake in USG is below 51% it should be OK, though Brighton regularly use USG as a feeder club, Mitoma, Undav and Caicedo all spent time there for example.
It's the natural progression of the sport. We can either stick our heads in the sand or find a way to stay relevant in the mid to long term.

mctrials23

Not really, we're saying we don't want the club associated with this.
I'm not saying everyone but I think that you will find that very few people care enough to stop supporting the club if they do buy it. I would rather not have them own United but if they do they do. I think that any billionaire owner is almost certainly scummy as hell as you don't tend to become that rich by being nice and treating people well. Yes there are levels of scummy but all the potential buyers will be in the realms of people I wouldn't want running my club. We currently very much have one in charge at the moment.

No judgement here but what will you do if the Qataris buy United? How will that change your support?

Infra-red

Your breakdown is essentially correct, although the net debt figure is a little higher than £620m if you include the transfer debt.

Marwood

I'm not saying everyone but I think that you will find that very few people care enough to stop supporting the club if they do buy it. I would rather not have them own United but if they do they do. I think that any billionaire owner is almost certainly scummy as hell as you don't tend to become that rich by being nice and treating people well. Yes there are levels of scummy but all the potential buyers will be in the realms of people I wouldn't want running my club. We currently very much have one in charge at the moment.

No judgement here but what will you do if the Qataris buy United? How will that change your support?
It's difficult. I'm really against being state owned but you can't just switch off your support. It's like trying to suddenly stop loving someone even though they've done nothing wrong.

I see a few are saying if you're opposed to Qatar you should stop following the club if they do end up buying us.

If it was that easy I'd probably have packed in following football years ago. It's bloody torture being a fan sometimes.

After decades of followimg a team, right from being a child it really isn't possible to just stop.

What you could do is stop giving them money. Which I pretty much already do.

redcucumber

Ah, so as not to have one's morality be regarded as performative by mctrials23, people that are against Qatar ownership must renounce their support for United in the event that they take us over. It's just that simple!

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

I'll have to see how I feel. At the very least it will hammer a few more nails in the coffin of my love for United. A coffin that the Glazers have been doing a good job of nailing shut already. After supporting them for 55 or so years it is bizarre falling out of love with the club that I used to be obsessed with.

Member 125398

It's a fair question. I've been in the 'not a penny' club since the Glazers took over so I can't do much extra there. Given the lack of agency I have in the situation, all I can do is to continue to bang on about the situation. On an emotional level, I'll probably care less about the fortunes of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.