Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Anyone know anything about this guy?
These kinds of accounts are the worst. I got baited into following one of these. The guy was hell bent on FDJ transfer and then hasn't showed up since the window slammed shut. Just block and move on. This type of news makes anxious fans like me excited and that gets them likes and RTs. Block and move on.

Telsim

Anyone know anything about this guy?
Credible journos reported just recently the process is in it's early stages. But some guy on Twitter already knows the new owners, the price of the deal, and their plans for the summer! :lol: :lol: :lol:

laughtersassassin

I won't lie I think FSG are very good owners but with somewhat limited pockets compared to City and Co.

Them partnering with Qatar is very worrying for me as I'd bet on it securing Liverpool as a very successful team going forward.

As far as us goes Glazers are shite so anyone partnering with them would be Terrible.

We need a full takeover and we need to pray they are not only rich but astute and interested in football results.

Scary but interesting times ahead

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
In a really heated exchange with journalists Peter Schmeichel supposedly screamed the following to a group of journalists (or he said it in a calm fashion, after seeing him screaming on the pitch for a decade its hard to envision him speaking in a normal fashion though):

"If you look at what we say about ourselves -- we say that we are one of the biggest sporting brands in the world -- then I think you have to back it up by having a presence in places like this," Schmeichel, who is acting as an ambassador, told AFP. "Of course, our football club is not just about the commercial side, making money," added the Danish legend, who won five Premier League titles and the Champions League with United. "I know there's a lot of fans who are wanting a change in ownership," he said. "For me... would it make a difference to change the ownership? I think the only difference would be if it was owned by the fans, but I think that's probably impossible. It's too big." Schmeichel said he was focusing on events on the pitch and was delighted in the club's turnaround in fortunes under manager Erik ten Hag. "We've had to change managers far too many times since Alex (Ferguson) left and it's been very unstable," said the 59-year-old Dane. Ten Hag "looks to be a very, very, very capable person and able to do what needs to be done."

Ellie Norman, a club spokeswoman, said the lounge -- with a bar, multiple seating areas and screens showing club heroes -- served as a place to meet with existing and future corporate partners and sponsors.
"We are in a strategic review. That's a process that's ongoing," she told AFP, referring to the club-owning Glazer family's announcement in November that they were considering "all strategic alternatives" for the club including a sale.

"We don't know the outcome of that, but that is not connected to why we're back in Davos," she adding, stating that Manchester United had been a partner of the World Economic Forum since 2019.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20230117-peter-schmeichel-defends-man-utd-presence-in-davos

Sviken

I feel so anxious about this thing. I feel that given our nightmare curse, we're about to get fecked. Either Glazers won't sell the club and instead opt for a minority investment or we get another Americans on board

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If you feel the need to log into twitter to invent stories, you must have mental problems.

Infra-red

I feel so anxious about this thing. I feel that given our nightmare curse, we're about to get fecked. Either Glazers won't sell the club and instead opt for a minority investment or we get another Americans on board
In either scenario, the club should have more money at its disposal - we should also get a new/refurbished stadium and training ground out of this 'strategic review', too.

I agree, though, a minority sale with the Glazers remaining in overall control, is the worst case, but I fear it is much more likely than many people on here are willing to admit.

glasgow 21

If you feel the need to log into twitter to invent stories, you must have mental problems.
What is really needed is the " get a life gov .uk" to send a message " Dear Mr Ross Harwood due to recent internet activity your broadband is restricted to 30mins a week"

DSG

not entirely sure about clubs, but most companies are sold based on a multiple of their EIBITDA. Normally this can be 5-10 times but in exceptional cases more.
Tech companies where the product is still early in the development cycle tend to go at 20-30x.

For a brand like United, I would expect 20x.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
How is a club's value determined? Is it just a case of supply and demand? How is it possible that a club like Liverpool is being sold for £3bn and United, with all its developmental requirements, for more than double that?
not entirely sure about clubs, but most companies are sold based on a multiple of their EIBITDA. Normally this can be 5-10 times but in exceptional cases more.
I agree, but it is important to remember that the first thing you look at when doing a valuation -- and what trumps everything else by a mile -- is transactions or similar transactions. Any independent valuation tends to give you what could be referred to as "Fair Value". But -- of course depending on the times and climate on the market -- it is extremely common with transactions being made at prices way way above "fair value", and it is those prices that de facto are "market value". Musk bought Twitter for 44m. If you google "What is Twitter worth?", you will find a bunch of people claiming that Twitter is worth 13.3bn or whatever number way below 44bn. If someone asked what Twitter was worth right before Musk bought the company, there was one 100% correct answer, and that was 44bn. If someone said 30bn, they were incorrect by 14bn. The market decides what something's market value is. And when a club like Manchester United plc is sold, the value is what people from time to time is willing to pay for it. Nothing else. The value is never what someone think that someone else should pay for it if they were smart, because that is rarely how the market works.

In addition, lets say that there is a big dispute with some type of connection to the Manchester United plc and in this dispute, the question what Manchester United plc is "worth" becomes relevant, and a claimant and a respondent respectively obtains external "independent" valuations from the best valuation experts available in all of UK, to see one showing that Manchester United plc is worth 1.5bn and the other saying that Manchester United plc is worth 12bn would be more the norm than the exception. You can simply dribble a ton with these valuations if you want to. And in reality, its basically as easy to make a forecast about the future as it is to predict the weather. You are entering a very unsecure field to start with.

laughtersassassin

TBF I know a lot of people think Jim is a spoofer and maybe that's somewhat true but considering Ineos owns a third of Mercedes F1 team they must do something right.

I'd have more faith in him owning us than the Glazers thats for sure.

All that being said he'd probably need partners like at Mercedes to ensure we can compete at the top level

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Is this good? Is this bad??? Does this guy have enough money for United to compete with the likes of City and Newcastle etc.?

GregM40

Regarding INEOS: a spokesperson has formally confirmed their intention to bid. Can’t lie, I welcome this with open arms.

Blood Mage

Ratcliffe would be an amazing owner but I just don't think he can afford us. Would take him over anyone else of course if money wasn't such an issue.

red thru&thru

As fans, it would be wise for the bidders put public how they intend to change the fortunes of the club. We could indirectly influence the people who buy the club.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Is this good? Is this bad??? Does this guy have enough money for United to compete with the likes of City and Newcastle etc.?
He's a United supporter and they have enough money so while he doesn't have as much as them, at a certain point it just doesn't make much of a difference. The biggest difference is money is barely real for City/Newcastle/PSG and their owners aren't paying for smart decision but more will just pay whatever is needed for **the club to be successful (to
benefit their sportswashing campaigns), whereas that wouldn't be the case here. Which is fine. We don't need an owner to pump money in. We need an owner to clear our debts and just allow us to be self sustaining and not take money out of the club, and then make good decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.