Brighton and Hove Albion
That’s just not true.

2017-18: 8th
2018-19: 7th

Takeover Aug 2019:

2019-20: 5th
2020-21: 9th
2021-22: 5th

They also in this time made their first cup final in decades.

Nice had a couple of stand out seasons in 2015 & 2016, before reverting to type for a couple of seasons prior to the takeover, anyone pretending those two seasons were the norm needs their heads checking.
So Nice absolutely have matched what INEOS took over and after two 5th place finishes & a cup final they now have a highly rated DoF at the helm for the next step in their long term vision.

Nice fans not being happy is due to them being guilty as many fans and expecting the takeover to bring them instant Chelsea, City, PSG esque success.
Lets be a little more honest...

The 4 seasons before the take over they finished 4th, 3rd 8th and 7th
The 4 seasons after the take over they finished 6th, 9th, 5th and currently 10th

That's clear regression. It's widely accepted that they've appointed the wrong and sometimes bizarre people in strategic positions and their transfer policy has been poor, while atmosphere within the club has been chaotic and at times toxic.

No one at Nice expected PSG like success, they expected to carry on the progression, there were no expectations of Mbappe or Neymar types suddenly arriving. They're unhappy because the club has been badly let down by the ownership since 2019. Being written off as being upset because they don't have Roman Abramovich like money and success is just wrong and clearly misunderstands fans at lower clubs.

Yes they made a cup final and lost to Nantes, but that only seemed to accelerate the chaos at the club.

I'm not sure why you're defending INEOS so strongly, it doesn't mean they'd muck up at United, maybe they've learnt their lesson as I said the appointment of Florent Ghisolfi is definitely a positive step and if he can replicate his recruitment success at Lens then maybe we'll see better more settled Nice in the future.

Last edited:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It’s only a large amount of money if you can’t afford it. In big business terms it’s not that large at all
For a sports or entertainment property, which is how the market will see this, its a significant investment.

The market values Man Utd at around half of what the Glazers would reportedly consider selling for. So, if people are willing to meet that asking price, attention will be paid and it will be a story. The Denver Broncos sold for $4.65 billion last year, making it the biggest sale of an NFL team ever. The Glazers are asking for an even higher price. This is a story beyond the sports pages. Yet, very few financial journalists have said anything about interest beyond Ineos.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
So what you think the new owners are going to spend their own money forever? It’s an investment that we very much need otherwise we will likely go bust.

So stop being high and mighty about it.
The club would need a big outlay at first, but once the likes of the squad are right, then it would only need tweaking each season. It has been neglected because of constant changes of manager. Let ETH build his team, then the club should be able to generate the necessary income for further purchases. The squad is probably the least of the problem, the debt and infrastructure is the big expense (not forgetting what the leeches want).

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

The 4 seasons after the take over they finished 6th, 9th, 5th and currently 10th

That's clear regression. It's widely accepted that they've appointed the wrong and sometimes bizarre people in strategic positions and their transfer policy has been poor, while atmosphere within the club has been chaotic and at times toxic.

No one at Nice expected PSG like success, they expected to carry on the progression, there were no expectations of Mbappe or Neymar types suddenly arriving. They're unhappy because the club has been badly let down by the ownership since 2019. Being written off as being upset because they don't have Roman Abramovich like money and success is just wrong and clearly misunderstands how fans at lower clubs.

Yes they made a cup final and lost to Nantes, but that only seemed to accelerate the chaos at the club.

I'm not sure why you're defending INEOS so strongly, it doesn't mean they'd muck up at United, maybe they've learnt their lesson as I said the appointment of Florent Ghisolfi is definitely a positive step and if he can replicate his recruitment success at Lens then maybe we'll see better more settled Nice in the future.
Ratcliffe might shit on the club and they wouldn't care for the simple reason that he's local.

Last edited:

Godfather

No one at Nice expected PSG like success, they expected to carry on the progression, there were no expectations of Mbappe or Neymar types suddenly arriving. They're unhappy because the club has been badly let down by the ownership since 2019. Being written off as being upset because they don't have Roman Abramovich like money and success is just wrong and clearly misunderstands fans at lower clubs.

Bang on. Just stay away from that bluffer

4 full seasons now is the ”direct years prior” :lol:

And no we can’t fecking include the current season as it’s only just reached half way. The may end up 16th, or 6th, no-one knows.

The actual comparable facts show:

3 full seasons prior:
3rd, 8th, 7th

3 full seasons after:
5th, 9th, 5th

And with a cup final to boot. That’s no regression man. Stop being dishonest.

Zippycup

So what you think the new owners are going to spend their own money forever? It’s an investment that we very much need otherwise we will likely go bust.

So stop being high and mighty about it.
What are you talking about.
The club is the investment. The Glazers are only one of a few owners that have ever taken out dividends from a club.

High and mighty about what?

phelans shorts

He’s running Nice just fine, what’s with the drama? He’s hardly doing a fecking Everton is he?

Since the takeover they’ve been saddled with zero debt, are extremely financially sound, have made a first cup final in a couple of decades and are having similar league finishes. They’ve also now hired an extremely highly rated DoF.

Why must every football club takeover resemble Roman to be considered a success?
INEOS recently brought in a football ventures manager (or whatever the title is) from PSG too did they not?

There’s nothing really to worry about when you look at Nice, unless you’re looking for something to worry about. You’d think they were City under Garry Cook.

Mainoldo

What are you talking about.
The club is the investment. The Glazers are only one of a few owners that have ever taken out dividends from a club.

High and mighty about what?
£6bn investment? Which requires £2bn of work. So £8bn starting hole?

Tell me when the return comes in? If you can’t get your head around this is a loss making investment projected on future earnings far and wide into the future. Then I don’t know.

Wanting someone to come in whose aim is to bring in a brand new credit card to facilitate this is not a sound idea for me. I don’t care if his mom gave birth to him outside the ground.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
There’s nothing really to worry about when you look at Nice, unless you’re looking for something to worry about.
This is exactly right.
What is really going on here is those who have dreams of immediate new stadia, huge name signings and all the razzle-dazzle have decided selling the clubs soul for oil money and undermining the PL competitiveness is the only way forwards, and are finding any reason to doubt and badmouth INEOS, Sir Jim and also anybody American, ‘because Glazers obvs’.
This is not what’s best for the club, but it suits fans egos to boast about Mbappe, iTrafford and Qatari billions.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

And no we can’t fecking include the current season as it’s only just reached half way. The may end up 16th, or 6th, no-one knows.

3 full seasons prior:
3rd, 8th, 7th

3 full seasons after:
5th, 9th, 5th

Weird hill to die on, disagreeing with Nice fans about Nice football club and pretty much anyone who knows a little about French football, but hardly surprising.

Zippycup

£6bn investment? Which requires £2bn of work. So £8bn starting hole?

Tell me when the return comes in? If you can’t get your head around this is a loss making investment projected on future earnings far and wide into the future. Then I don’t know.

Wanting someone to come in whose aim is to bring in a brand new credit card to facilitate this is not a sound idea for me. I don’t care if his mom gave birth to him outside the ground.
How much money do you think the Glazers made from dividends in comparison to the money they are going to make from the sale of the club. Its peanuts in comparison.

The asset is the club. They make gain on their investment, to do that the club will have to be successful and its brand will have to grow.

devilish

3 full seasons prior:
3rd, 8th, 7th

3 full seasons after:
5th, 9th, 5th

So Jimmy came in and he kept Nice pretty much at the same level (or slightly worse?). And why put a final that was lost in the picture? Is Ratcliffe a big fan of Ole or something?

Mainoldo

How much money do you think the Glazers made from dividends in comparison to the money they are going to make from the sale of the club. Its peanuts in comparison.

The asset is the club. They make gain on their investment, to do that the club will have to be successful and its brand will have to grow.
What you said has nothing to do with what I said.

The new owners will not be taking any dividends for a long while. This is a market share opportunity not a monetary profit opportunity.

which is why the pool will be small and filled with takers who don’t mind parting with a couple Billion. Jim seems more of an opportunist like the Glazer were instead of seeking market share. There’s a difference.

Mainoldo

This is exactly right.
What is really going on here is those who have dreams of immediate new stadia, huge name signings and all the razzle-dazzle have decided selling the clubs soul for oil money and undermining the PL competitiveness is the only way forwards, and are finding any reason to doubt and badmouth INEOS, Sir Jim and also anybody American, ‘because Glazers obvs’.
This is not what’s best for the club, but it suits fans egos to boast about Mbappe, iTrafford and Qatari billions.
It’s so true. We all looked at Newcastle and are in aura of all the money they are spending including bringing in players like Mbappe.:houllier:

Only a fool would think we would be monopolising the league. This only happens if you get idiots like Bhoely and Ed Woodward (oh wait…).

Amir

There will be a period of uncertainty. However, if they keep hold of EtH, then they have won half of the battle. He is so crucial to us being back where we should be.
Agreed. Having the right manager and letting him work is the main thing, despite the need for good footballing structure and everything. After years of trying and failing we finally got the right guy.

So, really, I don't see why Nice's struggles are a reason not to want Ratcliffe. Unless he's an idiot, he won't cause issues there.

So Jimmy came in and he kept Nice pretty much at the same level (or slightly worse?). And why put a final that was lost in the picture? Is Ratcliffe a big fan of Ole or something?
He came in, saddled them with zero debt and yes, currently, just 3 fecking years into the project. But hey, they aren’t champions of France yet and therefore INEOS must be shite owners. :rolleyes:

Weird hill to die on, disagreeing with Nice fans about Nice football club and pretty much anyone who knows a little about French football, but hardly surprising.
Are you saying all Nice fans agree with you? :lol:

The clear problem with the sensationalist article you shared is that a) it ignores that the Nice it romanticises about was long gone 2 years before INEOS arrived and b) the claim that Nice and INEOS want to compete with PSG is mentioned due to them ”not coming close”, because it hasn’t been achieved in just 3 fecking years.
You surely realise how stupid it is for anyone to think that three years is any time at all for such a project, unless it’s a ME fund or a Russian oligarch.

Last edited:

Zippycup

What you said has nothing to do with what I said.

The new owners will not be taking any dividends for a long while. This is a market share opportunity not a monetary profit opportunity.

which is why the pool will be small and filled with takers who don’t mind parting with a couple Billion. Jim seems more of an opportunist like the Glazer were instead of seeking market share. There’s a difference.
What the actual feck are you talking about?

What exactly do you want from a new owner?

devilish

He came in, saddled them with zero debt and yes, currently, just 3 fecking years into the project. But hey, they aren’t champions of France yet and therefore INEOS must be shite owners. :rolleyes:
So you're saying that the fact that Ineos hasn't saddled the club with debt, something btw that is now illegal to do in the UK, makes it a star candidate for owning United? What do Nice fans say about Ineos? Could it be the case that Nice fans aren't too warm about Ineos because of this?

I suggest that you click the link and read what the likes of Lemina, Todibo, Barkley and co did while at Nice. That's quite a shit show in terms of club management isn't it?

Lyng

Are you saying all Nice fans agree with you? :lol:

The clear problem with the sensationalist article you shared is that a) it ignores that the Nice it romanticises about was long gone 2 years before INEOS arrived and b) the claim that Nice and INEOS want to compete with PSG is mentioned due to them ”not coming close”, because it hasn’t been achieved in just 3 fecking years.
You surely realise how stupid it is for anyone to think that three years is any time at all for such a project, unless it’s a ME fund or a Russian oligarch.
This sounds dangerously close to when oppo fans say we shouldnt complain about the Glazers because they bought players...

devilish

This sounds dangerously close to when oppo fans say we shouldnt complain about the Glazers because they bought players...
It also reminds me of Ole's 3 year plan which resulted into..........

No one is expecting INEOS to compete with PSG in the near future. What they expect is investment and the club being well run. That is achievable in a short period of time. It seems evident that INEOS had failed particularly on the latter.

Zed 101

So you're saying that the fact that Ineos hasn't saddled the club with debt, something btw that is now illegal to do in the UK, makes it a star candidate for owning United? What do Nice fans say about Ineos? Could it be the case that Nice fans aren't too warm about Ineos because of this?

I suggest that you click the link and read what the likes of Lemina, Todibo, Barkley and co did while at Nice. That's quite a shit show in terms of club management isn't it?
Surely we want a model where the owner has no say in the actual recruitment other than whether they sanction the expenditure or not, poor or good purchases should be remit of the scouting department, the manager and if there is one the DOF.... the idea that Ratcliffe or any owners is going to be picking which players we buy fills me with dread

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
His Nice ownership shouldn't be taken seriously. It's clear it's just for a bit of fun so that he's known as a Nice owner.
Not all billionaires are as immature as Elon. They all take every investment seriously. It's not for shits and giggles for most billionaires. Its not just the money but also a sense of pride/face amongst their peers.

NK86

Not all billionaires are as immature as Elon. They all take every investment seriously. It's not for shits and giggles for most billionaires. Its not just the money but also a sense of pride/face amongst their peers.
I find this notion that billionaires go around spending 100 mil for shits and giggles extremely amusing.

Ineos' Nice experiment has been poor so far and even their fan forums say so, but we have people on here saying it's nonsense or that what they do to Nice doesn't matter because we are a bigger club. I wonder if they will take Everton owners now since Everton is obviously not as big a club as us and presumably they will do better here because that is how things work according to some.

devilish

Surely we want a model where the owner has no say in the actual recruitment other than whether they sanction the expenditure or not, poor or good purchases should be remit of the scouting department, the manager and if there is one the DOF.... the idea that Ratcliffe or any owners is going to be picking which players we buy fills me with dread
I understand that once a buyer is past the 60b mark it makes little difference on how much money it owns. However its also true that United needs a ridiculous amount of investment (club ownership, stadium, training ground and squad) that would make even the richest of the rich count the pennies. We therefore need someone who invests heavily on the club, who can put ego aside and who would hire the very best and make each pound count. Nice mismanagement is quite concerning. The fact that those who defend Ratcliffe minimise Nice as a side piece add fuel the fire. With INEOS busy adding more clubs in its sports collection what if one day we end up a side piece as well? Would that justify minimum investment and loads of mismanagement?

devilish

I find this notion that billionaires go around spending 100 mil for shits and giggles extremely amusing.

Ineos' Nice experiment has been poor so far and even their fan forums say so, but we have people on here saying it's nonsense or that what they do to Nice doesn't matter because we are a bigger club. I wonder if they will take Everton owners now since Everton is obviously not as big a club as us and presumably they will do better here because that is how things work according to some.
Let me add that people might be great entrepreneurs in one line and absolute idiots in another line. Ratcliffe was a visionary in chemical companies. That doesn't make him a sports ownership genius.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
You mean the club spending money that they generated? The nerve.

Also. We have rarely been the biggest spenders per season. Especially under Fergie.
Maybe you should go back and look at how many times United broke the transfer record when Fergie was manager

Status
Not open for further replies.