Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
This thread makes me lose faith in humanity. If replacing a greedy capitalist with a tyrant dictator is applauded as a change for the better, then there really isn't much hope for the world going forward.
Imagine living in a country where you cannot say what you want, you cannot believe in what you want, you cannot freely choose the lifepartner you want, you cannot dress as you like, you have no vote and your selfappointed government is the church, law, jury, executioner and controls 100% of the power and resources in your country. Sportswashing is a huge problem and we cannot take their money to look the other way.
How is that different from the UK? You cant even say you are english these days without the fear of being thrown in jail

georgipep

This thread makes me lose faith in humanity. If replacing a greedy capitalist with a tyrant dictator is applauded as a change for the better, then there really isn't much hope for the world going forward.
Imagine living in a country where you cannot say what you want, you cannot believe in what you want, you cannot freely choose the lifepartner you want, you cannot dress as you like, you have no vote and your selfappointed government is the church, law, jury, executioner and controls 100% of the power and resources in your country. Sportswashing is a huge problem and we cannot take their money to look the other way.
Sadly, this is just the n-th evidence of the level of the average fan/person. And the worst part is, there is exactly 50% of the population that is below average..

Nick7

I still don’t think Ratcliffe is actually serious about buying the club unfortunately

JohnnyKills

If this happens then all I hope for is that they allow the manager the chance to continue with his plan. A well run club on the pitch with progress in stadium and training ground facilities is fine by me.

Having dodgy owners who also stick their oar in and ruin the balance we seem to finally be working towards would be worse than the Glazers tbh. I can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel and if they upset that for some attempt at Galactico instant gratification then it would be awful.

Give me ETH building slowly over that any day.
If they're smart, they'll have seen what City did in the early days and understand that's how NOT to do it.

They'll jump straight to the phase of getting a proper CEO (for the football side) and a proper DOF in place. Arnold should keep his job but I can imagine them beefing up the football side.

Will they try and tempt Guardiola? He's clearly a man who loves a pound note and if the Qataris take over United they can give him a blank cheque.

Not saying that's what I hope will happen (ET is doing a brilliant job) but in the Qatar-UAE soft power struggle it would be a massive coup to persuade the most glamorous manager in the world to switch sides.

Last edited:

MDFC Manager

I still don’t think Ratcliffe is actually serious about buying the club unfortunately
And even if he was serious, looks like the only thing going for him is that he's better in the 'morality' department compared to his competitors. Nothing at all to suggest he's any good at running a football club

Nick7

If they're smart, they'll have seen what City did in the early days and understand that's how NOT to do it.

They'll jump straight to the phase of getting a proper CEO (for the football side) and a proper DOF in place. Arnold should keep his job but I can imagine them beefing up the football side.

Will they try and tempt Guardiola? He's clearly a man who loves a pound note and if the Qataris take over United they can give him a blank cheque.

Not saying that's what I hope will happen (ET is doing a brilliant job) but in the Qatar-Saudi soft power struggle it would be a massive coup to persuade the most glamorous manager in the world to switch sides.
What does Guardiola have to do with Saudi Arabia?

Nick7

And even if he was serious, looks like the only thing going for him is that he's better in the 'morality' department compared to his competitors. Nothing at all to suggest he's any good at running a football club
PSG aren't exactly a shining light either.

jm99

How is that different from the UK? You cant even say you are english these days without the fear of being thrown in jail
What, actually thrown in jail? Just for saying you're English?

pascell

Yes arm Ten Hag with a big budget and then sack him.

Makes perfect sense
You completely missed the context, but cherrypick what you wish from what I said to suit your opinion.

Ole, Jose and van Gaal were all given bid budgets were they not? Are they still manager of Man United as we speak? No, because football is a result driven business. As I said, when ten Hag isn't winning the big trophies as the owners wish, he'll be sacked.

Tarrou

I think the conviction that Ratcliffe isn't serious stems cognitive dissonance of wanting oil money

everything points to him being serious at this point

but he won't outbid the Qatari's so relax lads

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
When super exclusive brands is for sale normal valuation flies out of the window.

Clubs like Manchester United, Dallas Cowboys, LA Lakers (for example) operate in the same stratosphere as Rolex and Ferrari and those brands can't be valued from a normal economical formula. How do you value prestige and world wide recognition? The second part is that these brands is nearly never is up for sale. Whenever it happens a bidding is the only solution because on face value you will have dozens of buyers. That's why a extremely successful businessman like Elon Musk is interested. He know value when he sees it.

I fully expect the price to be close to the sellers valuation.

The Glazers has already have public meetings with the investors from Qatar so I take that as a given that they're almost in agreement regarding all the variable factors in the sale process. A new owner don't primary buy United to earn money short term, probably not even middle term. Run the business in a successful way for 20-30 year and a investment in Man United is probably more successfull from an economicak standpoint then invest in the stock market. (you dont have to look any further then our current owners economical success with United) Not to mention all the fun and exitmenets following owning a succefull forball club.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Eh not really. PSGs biggest issue has been coaching, and expectations. They are in a league where the financial competition is non existent, so the bare minimum is winning the league comfortably. And any success is measured by actually winning in Europe which is very tough to do.

They had Tuchel and reached the CL final and some semis. They had Poch and reached a semi. They briefly had Ancelotti while they were growing. Other than them they've had some randoms. But generally, the squad building is hardly the issue. Lack of good enough coaching and then impossible expectations.
Completely disagree. There biggest issue has been recruitment and not buying a balanced squad that is capable of being coached

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think the conviction that Ratcliffe isn't serious stems cognitive dissonance of wanting oil money

He might not outbid them but if the offers are in the same region he’s by far the safest and easiest option of the two if they want a smooth sale process due to the two club issue with UEFA. Yea I know Ratcliffe owns Nice but we won’t be in the same competition next year.

JagUTD

Rather have Musk than some homophobic misogynists.

Rather have someone else than some borderline insane, real life comic book villian though.

You ever see the movie "Manchester United - Beyond the Promise Land"? This has been the long term goal in 1999/2000 for a lot of people within the club.
Had the VHS. What a Christmas that was. New Sony TV, Dreamcast and VHS player with Ghostbusters 1 & 2, Man Utd BTPL and for some reason, Fantazia.

El-Manos

Agreed, he’s serious alright he just cannot afford us

jm99

He means you’re not allowed to be racist anymore.
Its a stewart lee comedic bit where he gets in a taxi and the taxi driver says if you say you're English you'll be thrown in jail, and stew gradually wears the guy down til he admits that that won't happen :lol:

crossy1686

career ending
That’s what they initially wanted to achieve, £6b is their bottom line. Even thats unrealistic though as no one seems to want to pay anymore than £4.5b.
$4.5b will be the sale price, then you've got an additional $1b to wipe the debt, then at least $1b on the infrastructure over the next couple of years. That's excluding transfers of course.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Completely disagree. There biggest issue has been recruitment and not buying a balanced squad that is capable of being coached
What is saying that that is an issue though? What exactly is wrong with their squad? They actually have a very good midfield, very good defenders, and world class attackers. Neymar, Mbappe and Messi actually mesh together quite well, Neymar never shirks his defensive work, etc. Other teams also have world class squads though. And they just have better managers. The best managers don't want to go to PSG as they are stuck in a league that isn't competitive. A manager is more important than any player, so of course they even with their players will come up short against the best coached sides.

The one time they had an excellent coach, they almost won the CL. And let's be real, you need luck on your side to win that. PSG are an impossible project because it's easy to win domestically, and you need luck to win in Europe. It's why City with Pep still haven't won the CL. What is the difference between City and PSG the past decade? CL runners up once each, bunch of domestic trophies. And City have had Pep, while PSG had nobody close to him as manager. So what makes City better run than PSG other than simply being in a better league which has a bigger draw for managers?

jm99

Personally while i find the abuses of thsse states awful, closer cultural ties is more likely to improve things than turning them into pariah states. Look at the difference in what women can do in Saudi Arabia compared to ten years ago. Remember there are people alive in Britain today who lived through a time when homosexuality was illegal here, where we forced chemical castration onto homosexuals. The change isn't going to be instantaneous but with these countries seeing the writing on the wall re:oil, they need tourism and they might gradually adopt western values. But again when we were a predominantly religious country (in living memory) we weren't all that great ourselves, but that doesn't disappear in a few years, it takes a couple of generations

Sparky Rhiwabon

The Glazers will just accept the biggest offer (taking into account any share they would retain) which is likely to the the Qataris, you would think rather than, say, Ratcliffe.

Status
Not open for further replies.