Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

I totally sympathise with a lot of the anti-Qatar sentiments, but let's not pretend that we have any power over who the Glazers sell the club to. They're the ones who've put us in the dreadful position of needing massive investment due to letting the club rot.

Chief123

Dearie me.

You've lost the plot.

Going to be interesting to see how you support the club if the Qatar bidders are chosen. I wonder whos the horrible person supporting the authoritarian regime? :lol:

Oh the hypocrisy. Its all fun and games until it starts to affect you personally. Then all of a sudden you're not so much the moral crusader.
I'd just like to bring to your attention the fact you are conversing with someone who claims to care about the human rights of people from Qatar but on the same forum mocked a supporter from the very same country because he was happy his native country was buying Utd. Yes, he did that.

Great! Hope you enjoy “supporting” a football club from another country - must be massively rewarding! Think of all the transfer rumours you can follow and all of the amazing Fifa Players you can now sign!

I received a warning for one of my responses...
Even though you are a qualified spanner, I do think you are a man of your word and I respect that. Hence why the Qatari takeover can’t happen quick enough so you can honour your word and disappear.
I have the warning recorded on my profile. I wear it as a badge of honour.

He also promised to step back from the thread but just couldn't help himself and returned in less than 48 hours. It's no surprise the thread has been completely derailed again with his re-appearance.

Yorke to Cole

Has ownership not changed several times since we were founded, before we were ever listed on the stock exchange? The Edwards could have just sold directly to the Glazers if they had waited long enough, so I'm not sure the float made much difference in that respect. Only asking, it's not my subject. :)

@Fluctuation0161 is right, the press can bog off trying to make out it's a United problem, more rules are needed, but needed for everyone, not just us.
Has ownership not changed several times since we were founded, before we were ever listed on the stock exchange? The Edwards could have just sold directly to the Glazers if they had waited long enough, so I'm not sure the float made much difference in that respect. Only asking, it's not my subject. :)

@Fluctuation0161 is right, the press can bog off trying to make out it's a United problem, more rules are needed, but needed for everyone, not just
us.
This is absolutely correct. National governments, UEFA and FIFA ( the bodies with power) should have anticipated football as a sport, entertainment or even a form of art that gains traction from millions across the world.

It is a sport that had such potential for growth. In the case of the Premier League, it was always going to attract a range of owners with immense wealth but had unscrupulous backgrounds ( particularly) in the case of Abramovich.

Ferguson always said that Manchester United, once it had become a PLC was going to brought out.

The key word is anticipation. Those governing bodies, I mentioned earlier, failed to anticipate such takeovers. They had the power to bring in such legislation and owner tests but did implement them.

In the case of Manchester United. There have been signs that the Glazers were prepared to either sell or look for investment, once the notion of the Super League collapsed.

Do people outside of Manchester United, think that a club the size of this is just going to lay down into mediocrity for evermore?

I think not. This club needs to be challenging for the highest honours and that has been a thought lost on certain pundits, journalists etc, who have been getting their clicks on social media and using United to gain popularity online by criticising this club.

NotThatSoph

Oh right. No need to give a toss about human rights and LGBTQ rights if its not Manchester United.

Got it.

Whenever it suits the agenda only. ;)

You're all set then @Wumminator
Imagine sinking so low that even though you don't give a shit about human rights, you still try to use human rights abuses to score a moral point. This bid really does provide us with a spotlight, highlighting human garbage. Tortured people are just a punchline to you.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Sir Jim will run the club as a club should be run. The club will be an investment in INEOS books.
The debt, club and training facility development, significant liabilities will all disappear from the club's books. All the profits will be plowed back into the club.
The club will not be used to whitewash deaths and human abuses.

What do these people understand about our culture?

The club is not about today. It is about future generations. What assurance is there it will be there long after all of us are gone?
Oh for feck's sake! What does that even mean?

There are people all over the world now invested in the Liv Golf, Saudi GP, headlining boxing matches etc., but people losing their shit over some Qatari guy buying United on some wild assumption that he is the frontman for the Qatari nation.

It's fecking ridiculous!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I'd just like to bring to your attention the fact you are conversing with someone who claims to care about the human rights of people from Qatar but on the same forum mocked a supporter from the very same country because he was happy his native country was buying Utd. Yes, he did that.

I’d like to bring people’s attention that Wumminator claims to care about “hundreds of dead people” and thinks it is “unfair being gay is a crime” and that “women should have the same rights as men” but he also took the mick out of someone online for never going to a game of football. Scum he is.

NotThatSoph

Oh for feck's sake! What does that even mean?

There are people all over the world now invested in the Liv Golf, Saudi GP, headlining boxing matches etc., but people losing their shit over some Qatari guy buying United on some wild assumption that he is the frontman for the Qatari nation.

It's fecking ridiculous!
A lot of people are against those things. You know that.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It just bothers me the most because there’s only a handful of clubs, that if run well (not Glazer run), they can stick two fingers up to the nonsensical state ownership of football clubs & the bottomless pits of money they provide.

United & Real stand clear as two shining examples of clubs that absolutely can stand above it, one has been run so superbly that whilst the state owned clubs dither about year on year in the CL, they are undergoing huge stadium renovations, are financially in a brilliant position and win the CL almost every year.
The other has been run like shit and fans will therefore give up all the moral high ground of being a proper club that pays for itself, despite years of slating state ownership because they see dollar signs, shiny new stadiums and training centre, but these dollars we barely fecking need if we were just run well as a football club.
Another great post. All true. We don’t need state money.

DevilRed

Imagine sinking so low that even though you don't give a shit about human rights, you still try to use human rights abuses to score a moral point. This bid really does provide us with a spotlight, highlighting human garbage. Tortured people are just a punchline to you.
So you'll be gone too if the Qatari's take over?

dove

You seem pretty two faced don't you think? One set of standards for things you like.
No no. Dove is AGAINST people who are hypocritical despite saying two years ago that City and PSG are abominations to football and corrupt and now wanting Qatar to take over his club.
You both seem to assume I am a Qatar supporter or something :lol: I stand by everything I said in those posts and I can repeat it again to make it clearer for you: Qatar (or any other states) is the worst thing to happen to football in the last 2 decades or so. City and PSG can go feck themselves. FIFA/UEFA are quite clearly enjoying the money from those states, would be stupid to argue otherwise. However I am sorry to break to you but the pandora box is already open. I just do not believe that a private business (INEOS, or any other) would spend £5b (+ feck knows how much more on the infrastructure) and would not expect to get their money back at some point, unless they feel extremely charitable for some reason which again, I just don't believe. Qatar is definitely coming to the PL, whether you like it or not and I would be absolutely devastated if they bought Liverpool for example. I CAN support the club without supporting the owners, I can separate those things. If you cannot, it's fine, up to you. I just don't like how we have a few here desperately pushing their views by literally chasing people who have different opinions and creating stupid threads to prove some point and self proclaiming themselves to be more superior than others.

NotThatSoph

So you'll be gone too if the Qatari's take over?
You're not even able to acknowledge what you're doing, it's so pathetic. Several people are open about the fact that they don't care, they just want the money. At least that's something, but you can't even do that.

Chief123

Unnecessary post for no other reason than petty point scoring. Be better.
You are clearly being selectively blind to the pages of nonsense that has gone on before and after this post. Be consistent, be better.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
A lot of people are against those things. You know that.
Against what?? Do you think they are boycotting F1, the golf and not watching the Fury fights etc? Do you label Lewis Hamilton as human garbage? I'm not seeing the hate for those things.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I mean, someone who was related to the Royal family of Qatar, no?… isn’t that like saying “You’re talking to someone who claims to care about homelessness in London, but mocked Prince Edward for being proud of his brother moving into Buckingham Palace! Ha.. Take that!’”

DevilRed

You're not even able to acknowledge what you're doing, it's so pathetic. Several people are open about the fact that they don't care, they just want the money. At least that's something, but you can't even do that.
Ah yes yes. I'm responsible for the evil authoritarian regime/anti lgbtq/labor law/corruption/terrorism etc. etc. etc.

Are you another one of those hypocrites who tries to beat down on people whilst riding their moral high horse, but when asked a simple question, won't/can't make a definitive answer.

WILL YOU SUPPORT THE CLUB IF THE QATAR TAKES OVER?

Simple Yes or No. :lol:

NotThatSoph

Against what?? Do you think they are boycotting F1, the golf and not watching the Fury fights etc? Do you label Lewis Hamilton as human garbage? I'm not feeling the hate.
LIV golf is extremely controversial, a lot of people are boycotting F1 and don't watch Fury, yes, Jesus Christ. Obviously.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I mean, someone who was related to the Royal family of Qatar, no?… isn’t that like saying “You’re talking to someone who claims to care about homelessness in London, but mocked Prince Edward for being proud of his brother moving into Buckingham Palace! Ha.. Take that!’”
No no. Caring about literal human deaths and then ridiculing someone on line? Hypocrite. How can you care about human rights and then… mock someone for not going to games?

mu4c_20le

You both seem to assume I am a Qatar supporter or something :lol: I stand by everything I said in those posts and I can repeat it again to make it clearer for you: Qatar (or any other states) is the worst thing to happen to football in the last 2 decades or so. City and PSG can go feck themselves. FIFA/UEFA are quite clearly enjoying the money from those states, would be stupid to argue otherwise.
Yes, you clearly had a disdain for Qatar but when it comes to buying us, you switch sides.

However I am sorry to break to you but the pandora box is already open. I just do not believe that a private business (INEOS, or any other) would spend £5b (+ feck knows how much more on the infrastructure) and would not expect to get their money back at some point, unless they feel extremely charitable for some reason which again, I just don't believe.
Qatar aren't a charity either, and "Jassim"'s father comes off as a serious man. He sees these things as investments, rather than toys to throw money at. Whether that means the country's image or financially is up to interpretation, but I really don't think the difference is that much between them and INEOS, who some people assume are completely skint.

NotThatSoph

Ah yes.

Another one of those hypocrites who tries to beat down on people whilst riding their moral high horse, but when asked a simple question, won't/can't make a definitive answer.

WILL YOU SUPPORT THE CLUB IF THE QATAR TAKES OVER?

Simple Yes or No. :lol:
It's hilarious how you keep going on about hypocricy, and then pivot to tall moral horses. Do you think hypocricy is morally neutral? No, of course you don't, you think it's bad. You think you're above those people, obviously. You're sitting on a giraffe, looking down on horses.

I've been very clear about how a Qatari state takeover will impact my support. I'll stop watching games, I'll never spend a penny, I'll stop being an active follower, but I don't know if I'll stop caring because that's not something I can control.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
No no. Caring about literal human deaths and then ridiculing someone on line? Hypocrite. How can you care about human rights and then… mock someone for not going to games?
Also someone who - let’s not forget - said that having a newly personal and local connection to the club made them feel deliriously happy and connected to the club … whilst also arguing that people who live in Manchester shouldn’t have any special unique claim on support

RedPed

Whatabouter.
LIV golf is extremely controversial, a lot of people are boycotting F1 and don't watch Fury, yes, Jesus Christ. Obviously.
Liv is only about the money and the PGA, nothing to do with Saudi Arabia. I don't see anybody calling Fury and Hamilton human garbage either. You're deluded.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I’m really looking forward to see more of Sheikh Jassims and NTFs business plan.

Rebuild OT or a brand new state of the art stadium?
Their plans around our infrastructure and Carrington?
If they will invest long term in the women’s team?
MUTV?

It’s going to be an exciting journey the next coming months.

DevilRed

It's hilarious how you keep going on about hypocricy, and then pivot to tall moral horses. Do you think hypocricy is morally neutral? No, of course you don't, you think it's bad. You think you're above those people, obviously. You're sitting on a giraffe, looking down on horses.

I've been very clear about how a Qatari state takeover will impact my support. I'll stop watching games, I'll never spend a penny, I'll stop being an active follower, but I don't know if I'll stop caring because that's not something I can control.
Well if you boycott the F1 then you probably should boycott Manchester United too.

Maybe set up some protests outside the gates every matchday.

That'll show em.

But make sure you don't watch or support the team. You don't want to be inadvertently funding a terrorist state now do you?

stevoc

I don't think anybody here is denying that its state backed in some form or other.

But there is a massive difference between being state backed and state owned.

Anyways, its all semantics. The Glazers will choose the highest bidder.

Then lets see whether all these anti terrorist/human rights state crusaders will continue to support...well a terrorist/human rights abusing state.
Of course there is mate.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Whats worse? People who don't care about it or people who PRETEND they care but actually don't and are just using the topic to further their own agenda.
You. You are worse. You literally accused someone of racism even though you literally argued the same thing they did posts before. That makes you a bad person.

NotThatSoph

Well if you boycott the F1 then you probably should boycott Manchester United too.

Maybe set up some protests outside the gates every matchday.

That'll show em.

But make sure you don't watch or support the team. You don't want to be inadvertently funding a terrorist state now do you?
Me: I'm not going to watch.

You: Oh yeah? Well, make sure you don't watch!

Jesus Christ.

MF1138

In an Authoritarian system State backed is exactly the same thing as State owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.