Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think the guilt tripping comes from maybe… you feeling guilty?
Have you decided what you might do if you sell your house, the value of which is currently inflated by ME middle eastern oil money?

Maybe you could buy a new saddle for that massive fecking high horse you are constantly sitting on.

Maybe you'll have some of that juicy profit left to make a donation to Amnesty Internation seeing as thought you feel so strongly about the subject

Amsterdam Devil

I don’t like the Qatari bid because I hate state owned clubs.

I don’t like the Ratcliff bid because I question if he has enough money to invest in the stadium, the youth academy, the infrastructure and the first team.

I don’t like the Glazers because the are leeches and left us in a bad situation because they didn’t invest in the club and the infrastructure but just got money out of the club, will leave the club with a bid debt and spend a lot of money on the wrong players, although that wasn’t their fault, the bad directors and management team was.

So now what? We have to pick one out of three bad choices it seems.

Reactions: Rood

villain

Hates Beyoncé
If you are expecting something to happen shortly that you imagine will destroy your passion for a lifelong interest it's not that odd to want to air your thoughts on that.
sure, except we’re at the ad infinitum stage where the same conversations are cycling over & over again.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

I don’t like the Ratcliff bid because I question if he has enough money to invest in the stadium, the youth academy, the infrastructure and the first team.

I don’t like the Glazers because the are leeches and left us in a bad situation because they didn’t invest in the club and the infrastructure but just got money out of the club, will leave the club with a bid debt and spend a lot of money on the wrong players, although that wasn’t their fault, the bad directors and management team was.

Or

D. Just keep supporting the club regardless of who the owners are? That's the only choice where you actually have some control over. The previous three mentioned 'choices' have nothing to do with you nor do you have any say-so in.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I'm not particularly advocating for state funding. I'm simply saying that anyone that has the means to buy the club is going to need a large amount of money (obviously) to make the required investments.

For the level of investment needed state ownership is probably the best option for the actual club because for them I think it's simply not about making money. I don't think I can say the same for INEOS.
If you are pro-Qatar (and I have to say it seems that way from your activity in this thread) then yes, you absolutely are advocating state funding.
I know you don’t agree, but I believe Sir Jim’s main goal is absolutely NOT about profit. I know INEOS is a business, but they are also just his own investment vehicle.
Ask yourself, what profit does he take from Nice or Lausanne? How much does he make from Sir Ben Aynsley and his sailing team or Eliud Kipchoge?
Is it not possible that the guy just enjoys sport? Is it not plausible being from the area that he genuinely is a fan of the club? (And I don’t mean that as the be all and end all because it isn’t, but it’s certainly a driver in his desire to own the club)
Is it really so unbelievable that a 70 yr old billionaire wants to invest his cash in a legacy?

Loon

:lol:

What happened to the two “silent” bidders? Maybe one of them could be the way?

Berbaclass

If you are pro-Qatar (and I have to say it seems that way from your activity in this thread) then yes, you absolutely are advocating state funding.
I know you don’t agree, but I believe Sir Jim’s main goal is absolutely NOT about profit. I know INEOS is a business, but they are also just his own investment vehicle.
Ask yourself, what profit does he take from Nice or Lausanne? How much does he make from Sir Ben Aynsley and his sailing team or Eliud Kipchoge?
Is it not possible that the guy just enjoys sport? Is it not plausible being from the area that he genuinely is a fan of the club? (And I don’t mean that as the be all and end all because it isn’t, but it’s certainly a driver in his desire to own the club)
Is it really so unbelievable that a 70 yr old billionaire wants to invest his cash in a legacy?
How much did that cost him? This is a different level entirely. I'd also be pretty concerned about what happens when he dies.

Gavinb33

This is a salient point I don't think he is in cycling for bundles of endless cash either

George The Best

You could hardly call Manchester United self-sufficient if billions are being pumped in on the stadium, training ground etc from outside.
If the investment is not on Utd’s books, and we are also debt free, we are likely the most self-sufficient club on the planet.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
How much did that cost him? This is a different level entirely. I'd also be pretty concerned about what happens when he dies.
Im not sure what difference the cost makes to his motivations? He isn’t the kind of guy to throw his money away- he is directly quoted about INEOS never being ‘the dumb money’ so whether it’s millions, billions or whatever he isn’t going to invest if he doesn’t believe in it.

Joel Glazer is 55. Avi Glazer is 62. That’s not a huge difference in age but this point (about death) has never been raised for them. Also Malcolm ACTUALLY died whilst custodian of the club and it had literally no material impact on the club. The point is moot - there will be contractual contingencies for such an event. The club doesn’t die just because the owner does.

Berbaclass

Im not sure what difference the cost makes to his motivations? He isn’t the kind of guy to throw his money away- he is directly quoted about INEOS never being ‘the dumb money’ so whether it’s millions, billions or whatever he isn’t going to invest if he doesn’t believe in it.

Joel Glazer is 55. Avi Glazer is 62. That’s not a huge difference in age but this point (about death) has never been raised for them. Also Malcolm ACTUALLY died whilst custodian of the club and it had literally no material impact on the club. The point is moot - there will be contractual contingencies for such an event. The club doesn’t die just because the owner does.
I don't think it's the same. The Glazers bought the club to leech money from it, that didn't change once Malcolm died. Jim Ratcliffe is supposed to be buying the club because he is a United fan. Once he dies presumably INEOS would be in control. I don't really like the idea of that because that changes the dynamic.

TheReligion

Abusive
If arsenal win the league this season it will be an incredibly special moment for them. They will have done it fair and square and nobody can take that away from them

if we go down this route and certainly looks like happening. We will see celebrations when inevitably we win the league again but there will forever be an asterisk. It won’t ever feel like when Fergie won all those titles.

we are on the cusp of greatness as things stand with the manager. State ownership is a a cheat code that we may not even need to see success. It’s just a fast track route and will feel quite hollow in the end
Sorry but this is complete and utter nonsense

city-puma

I never said I’d leave the caf. I’ll stop supporting United and just lark around in the footy forum.
I feel unfortunately that you want to make that decision. But I also think it important for you that you stick to what you believe. That’s the same for everyone including many who are pro-Qatari bid. I think Qatari bid is better but I respect your decision.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I feel unfortunately that you want to make that decision. But I also think it important for you that you stick to what you believe. That’s the same for everyone including many who are pro-Qatari bid. I think Qatari bid is better but I respect your decision.
Yeah it’s a massive shame but I think different people will come to different stances.

Status
Not open for further replies.