Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotThatSoph

And yet people see this as an issue somehow.
This "somehow" is so extremely weird. You yourself saw the issue just a couple of months ago! I'm very well aware of the fact that you've changed your mind, you want transfers so you no longer care about what you used to care about, but "somehow" implies incredulity: not only do you disagree, you can't understand why people would disagree. But, of course you can, it used to be you!

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This "somehow" is so extremely weird. You yourself saw the issue just a couple of months ago! I'm very well aware of the fact that you've changed your mind, you want transfers so you no longer care about what you used to care about, but "somehow" implies incredulity: not only do you disagree, you can't understand why people would disagree. But, of course you can, it used to be you!
It used to be me because other clubs were doing better than my club. I want mine to be the best and this is the fastest way. Life is short. I want titles. Completely superficial? Absolutely. This is football.

FromTheBench

If someone new comes in and bids the highest at the last minute will it be rejected cause of the deadlines?

Pretty sure it won't.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well...I've got others.

whitbyviking

Its not that difficult if you are the guy calling the shorts, for example Qatar spent $200b on the World Cup iirc, how much of that do you think was siphoned to private pockets through manipulation of tendering processes?

Up until 2021I used to work for the government in procurement of state projects and I knew the chain of people who were bribed each time a contractor was paid. A contractor leaving up to 20% of his invoice value in the hands of civil servants wasn't unheard of. Then there would be that one contractor that everyone knew belonged to the boss, he would leave his cut only to the boss andthe figure would be 10%. These projects were small, maybe one million there, five million here but the side payments were made or the contractor knew he wouldnt get paid.

Now expand that scenario to an oil rich country with less than 500k people to look after and billions coming in daily. He is the guy who made the decision whether to invest in this bank or that fund and he didn't even need to steal from his state, well literally, as anyone in need of capital knew he had to pay him off inorder to secure investment for the growth of his firm or the execution of their project. The kickbacks he would have had access to would have Blatter and Platini wishing they felt Qatari.
“Siphoning off” from businesses in Qatar is a fully legal and common practice. It was only recently they relaxed the rule on a Qatari having 51% share in every business for foreign investment, even then that is tightly controlled.

Abraxas

This deadline stuff is a load of nonsense I reckon. Just driving noise, drama, theatre around this sale. As if the Glazers care about a 9pm deadline or revised deadline. To think they do would be to think they are in some massive rush, or that they care about fairness and transparency around this sale.

Neither can possibly be the case, when have they ever been in a rush, whether it be to engage with supporters, take criticism on board or sign off a transfer? They are annoying, but completely sober around these things.

Why do they care about a timeline that is this week or next week or the week after. All they care about is someone opening their wallet and throwing it all onto the table. The hundreds of millions is fair compensation for a week here or there. They're not going to be keen to remove any serious bidders.

To be honest I think the Qataris and Jim know all this.

Oranges038

I heard, from someone itk, that there are massive queues at the Qatary post offices as it’s pension day. Maybe that explains the delay as Jassim is having to wait to draw his savings out.
That's a lot of saving stamps.

He better have them all counted before he goes in, would be a real shame if he was one short.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If you didn't have double standards, you'd have no standards at all.
Genuine unrelated question, If the state of Qatar offered you £100m no strings attached, would you take it? Or if that seems too far fetched, work for them for a year with whatever you do. Would you take it?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
“But I only said those things to sound cool in front of some random blokes on the internet that I don’t know…”

Blood Mage

Game of chicken between Jassim and the Glazers. If he doesn't meet the asking price then it's a minority stake for Elliot I fear and stuck with Joel and Avram for a few more years.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
For half a billion less or whatever it is, they'll be waiting for that bid to come in before they make any decisions I bet
The glazers aren't fools -- they will give him every chance to get his bid in. They know jassim is prepared to go all the way. Probably told him yesterday ratcliffe's bid was and the added some on top for good measures.

Alonzo

Glazers hold little leverage if they can’t play the two bidders off each other. With current banking climate, the longer this drags on the weaker glazer position becomes. They’ll be greedy pigs til the end, but one hopes it bites them in the backside if they drag it on.

sglowrider

Glazers hold little leverage if they can’t play the two bidders off each other. With current banking climate, the longer this drags on the weaker glazer position becomes. They’ll be greedy pigs til the end, but one hopes it bites them in the backside if they drag it on.
They have the lever of "not wanting to sell" or the Elliot group's involvement.

They or Raine have set this up with multiple scenarios

dpansheth

The glazers kids are not as smart as malcom. And that’s what I fear the most.

RedDevil@84

Doubt it. They already have one full sale bid in.
That is not good enough for them though if it is not reaching the money they are looking for. They would be desperate to get a bigger bid and Jassim seems to be the guy who can go for it.

sglowrider

Jassim is just crunching through his numbers under different circumstances to make sure what the best offer needs or should be. Going through each line item if need be. A deal this big will have changes in one line item affecting possibly many other issues/items.

Lots of 'what if' discussions internally.

He has a business model.

Tarrou

journalists doing their best to make a routine process feel dramatic

no doubt we’ll have many twists and turns in the next few weeks before Qatar concludes the deal

Telsim

Seems to me like the Qatari are considering pulling the plug more than anything else. They did the same with FSG when the latter tried to scam them. It will add to their reputation as hard bargainers, especially when they move on to another club down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.