Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
They definitely won't though. There'll be a few yellow and green scarves extra and that will be that. The Glazers know this.
What makes you think this? It's really not that long since we saw robust enough protests to have games postponed.

gajender

What makes you think this? It's really not that long since we saw robust enough protests to have games postponed.
It won't be allowed to happen again they will be better prepared for it this time around and threat of serious legal action against protesters would be used to dissuade them .

El Zoido

We've spent as much as City have. Lack of transfer funds is not a thing we can throw at them. We've spent more than enough to compete.

What we've done is wasted it and they have to take the blame there because ultimately they decide who are the people who are spending it and they have the ability to replace somebody like Ed Woodward and they didn't
I don’t disagree we’ve largely wasted it, I just take exception when people say the Glazers have spent money just because we’ve bought players for £80m+. We bought those players with revenue generated by the club. The club spent money, not the Glazers.

Transfer spend is only a fraction of the bigger picture. We might have matched City on transfer spend, but they’ve spent hundreds of millions on their facilities and infrastructure, and hiring top class off-pitch personnel & staff, whereas the Glazers have left us to rot. Saying we’ve spent as much as City is hugely misleading, they’ve spent significantly more on the club as a whole. It’s all vitally important.

Stinkypete

The super league protests were driven by a main stream media narrative in between covid lockdowns. Less security in place, more easily riled up folks. Its that simple.

RedDevilRoshi

So nothing happening today either then? Or do we still expect some news?
Hopefully there is some news on who the expected bidder is but don’t hold your breath expecting it, especially after how long these leeches have dragged this whole process along for everyone.

Syphon Wallet

The Guardian is certainly not reliable. I've friends who work there

Appreciate the in-depth post.

Reading between the lines I get the impression/feeling that it boils down to this:
If Ineos wins the bid, the Glazers get more money initially, get to stay on, but Jim won't go mental with the spending regarding transfers/stadium etc

If Jassim wins the bid, the Glazers don't get as much money, get kicked out the club, but will be like a kid in a sweetshop buying players/new stadium thereafter.

I could wrong, haven't had my morning cuppa and Weetabix yet, but that's what it sounds like.
You've got it totally backwards, at least according to the general reports we are getting.

They get less money now with Jim, but potentially more later.

They get more money now with Jassim, but nothing later.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don’t disagree we’ve largely wasted it, I just take exception when people say the Glazers have spent money just because we’ve bought players for £80m+. We bought those players with revenue generated by the club. The club spent money, not the Glazers.

Transfer spend is only a fraction of the bigger picture. We might have matched City on transfer spend, but they’ve spent hundreds of millions on their facilities and infrastructure, and hiring top class off-pitch personnel & staff, whereas the Glazers have left us to rot. Saying we’ve spent as much as City is hugely misleading, they’ve spent significantly more on the club as a whole. It’s all vitally important.
Nearly every club in the world spend 'club generated money'.

People have it in their minds that what's happened at City, PSG, Chelsea and Newcastle is normal. It isn't.

Last edited:

edgecutter

It'll happen after Sunday at the earliest. No way they say who the winner is for fans to kick off at old Trafford. They'll wait till the Fulham game is played and then we should here.

Also, feck the glazers.

Blood Mage

Now we have CL football I imagine the parasites will be holding out for even more money.

Infra-red

So nothing happening today either then? Or do we still expect some news?
I don't think there will be stories pre-empting any announcements. There will be simply be a statement released by the club if/when there is a preferred bidder/deal. It absolutely could still happen later today, or next week, or next month (or indeed never) - I expect it will come out of the blue if/when it comes, rather than being telegraphed in advance by the media. If any agreement is reached, the Glazers will want the official announcement out there quickly, to prevent any leaks and ensure the company directors remain compliant with their reporting obligations to NYSE/SEC.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Delaney proven to be an absolute blagger. Hope people are giving him shit for it.

DOTA

Why do you all hate the pink lesbian?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Please don't say you actually watch this shit
Not really no. However I was attracted by the title and at the moment I was switching to something else one of our own was mentioned. Thus I felt I post it here for Messier to see.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
If we hear anything today I wouldn't expect it to be until tonight as typically throughout this process, it's been Friday evenings we hear updates but in reality I doubt it will happen tonight....

So basically, BIG evening ahead :drool:

DOTA

If we hear anything today I wouldn't expect it to be until tonight as typically throughout this process, it's been Friday evenings we hear updates but in reality I doubt it will happen tonight....

Last Friday was utterly disappointing, I will not be impressed if once again we are left to amuse ourselves without any new articles to play with.

croadyman

Yeah feels like week after Cup Final to me

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We've spent as much as City have. Lack of transfer funds is not a thing we can throw at them. We've spent more than enough to compete.

What we've done is wasted it and they have to take the blame there because ultimately they decide who are the people who are spending it and they have the ability to replace somebody like Ed Woodward and they didn't
It doesn’t matter how much we spend when we’re run by these incompetent clowns. They could spent a trillion pounds and would still manage to feck us over.

Status
Not open for further replies.