Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Of course you all (those who think Ratcliffe is bluffing for publicity) realise that it would be very stupid for Sir Jim/INEOS to just accept the Glazers £6bn valuation and cough up?
It’s likely that he would pay that should it be necessary, but if he bids £4bn, logic dictates they negotiate and he gets it for £5bn which is a sizeable discount, especially if it is invested in the club and it’s infrastructure.
He didn’t become Britain’s richest man by throwing cash away - he’s just watching the pennies and being canny.

croadyman

Of course you all (those who think Ratcliffe is bluffing for publicity) realise that it would be very stupid for Sir Jim/INEOS to just accept the Glazers £6bn valuation and cough up?
It’s likely that he would pay that should it be necessary, but if he bids £4bn, logic dictates they negotiate and he gets it for £5bn which is a sizeable discount, especially if it is invested in the club and it’s infrastructure.
He didn’t become Britain’s richest man by throwing cash away - he’s just watching the pennies and being canny.
When we have seen evidence that he won't have any issue funding the necessary infrastructure changes and transfers,also learnt from mistakes made at NICE then maybe more of us won't feel so concerned

jm99

People say this about rich people all the time but no one becomes a billioanire by being thrifty, it is always ownership of an asset that becomes incredibly valuable not because they didn't buy avocado toast and a Netflix membership. I don't think he'll spend a lot but thats just based on his ownership of nice not because rich people are so financially cautious

croadyman

People say this about rich people all the time but no one becomes a billioanire by being thrifty, it is always ownership of an asset that becomes incredibly valuable not because they didn't buy avocado toast and a Netflix membership. I don't think he'll spend a lot but thats just based on his ownership of nice not because rich people are so financially cautious
Suppose it comes down to what us fans define as not a lot. That's not such an issue if we can start doing some shrewd deals

jm99

Suppose it comes down to what us fans define as not a lot. That's not such an issue if we can start doing some shrewd deals
Well straight away, the red flags are going to be if the debt isn't cleared, if the money apparently owed out transfers isn't cleared, plus a budget of circa £250m, sounds like a lot but given that the positions we need reinforcements in, the best players could be 80m plus, it's not really. But if someone comes in and keeps the debt and says they can't afford to spend much this summer then the pitchforks will be out.

This is a really key summer, if Chelseas signings start to actually gel plus nkunku coming in the summer, Newcastle heavily invest as expected and city and arsenal stay as they are, without investment we could get squeezed out of the top 4

wolvored

JR is 70 so he will never see a return on his money. This means to me that it will be a labour of love if he comes in. Didnt he mention last year if he purchased it he would restore it to its former self, debt free?

stw2022

JR is 70 so he will never see a return on his money. This means to me that it will be a labour of love if he comes in. Didnt he mention last year if he purchased it he would restore it to its former self, debt free?
He's full of shit. Also 70 isn't 90. But he's still full of shit. The hilariously pathetic stunt he played at Chelsea bidding after he knew the deadline had passed and he couldn't be accepted should be the biggest red flag about this guys intentions.

Plant0x84

He's full of shit. Also 70 isn't 90. But he's still full of shit. The hilariously pathetic stunt he played at Chelsea bidding after he knew the deadline had passed and he couldn't be accepted should be the biggest red flag about this guys intentions.
That failed Chelsea bid was a stalking horse. He knew it wouldn’t be accepted, but was sending a message that he was interested and has the funds to purchase a PL club. He was never super serious about Chelsea. It was most likely for the Glazers to sit up and take notice which they seem to have done. It’s also got him talking to Raine which would have benefited him when the Glazers announced their intention to sell.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Just fantasizing, but perhaps Wednesday is a good date for a bidder with a questionable rep but a lot of money — to make it’s interest know when we all are left disgusted with the lack of activity on the transfer market.

thebelfastboy

Just fantasizing, but perhaps Wednesday is a good date for a bidder with a questionable rep but a lot of money — to make it’s interest know when we all are left disgusted with the lack of activity on the transfer market.
I'm having visions of Dr Evil on the phone to Raine Group....$6b dollars muahahaha

Edit: we already had that in 2005 with Malcolm Glazer:(

Vapor trail

Glazers have massively undermined the manager this window in a season where other rivals have strengthened (Top 8) in certain positions.

Hopefully the club get a good set of owners who will run the club effectively and competitively. I know there are various reasons for fans despising certain types of owners but fundamentally the judgement criteria will always be with how well the club is run.

croadyman

Yeah because there is understandable frustration with such a lack of depth in the squad

croadyman

Glazers have massively undermined the manager this window in a season where other rivals have strengthened (Top 8) in certain positions.

Hopefully the club get a good set of owners who will run the club effectively and competitively. I know there are various reasons for fans despising certain types of owners but fundamentally the judgement criteria will always be with how well the club is run.
Yeah after this window I am taking any type of owner other than US investment firms like Sixth Street who are no better than Glazers

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The real transfer window starts on the 15th because apparently we cannot sign players to compete until the Glazers get their pound of flesh. fecking scumbags

Blood Mage

I really hope there's some movement soon because I'm sick of the Glazers stinking out the place and leaving the club to rot.

croadyman

The real transfer window starts on the 15th because apparently we cannot sign players to compete until the Glazers get their pound of flesh. fecking scumbags
Yeah if they gonna have the nerve to tie Erik's hands behind back this window at least have courtesy to sell up and feck off

Water Melon

Absobloodylutely. Hope they feck off asap. Leeches gonna suck blood, fooking parasites.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Ten Hag will still do okay, but he’s been stiffed by the Glazers this window. If Joel is involved day-to-day, as all the reports say, then why can’t he give it one last push and stick it onto the next owner?

croadyman

Ten Hag will still do okay, but he’s been stiffed by the Glazers this window. If Joel is involved day-to-day, as all the reports say, then why can’t he give it one last push and stick it onto the next owner?
Because he just can't be bothered sadly and would happily make us suffer until they leave

ROFLUTION

got some major signings in the summer. Hardly surprising there’s only room for a Weghorst

croadyman

got some major signings in the summer. Hardly surprising there’s only room for a Weghorst
We just needed to get Antony for £20m less and that could have got us CDM to backup Casa or Tielemans/Aouar near end of their contracts.

phelans shorts

I doubt it. In the real world nobody cares about the lack of activity because we all knew it would be the case well in advance.

red thru&thru

I'm not too sure why people are all up in arms in regards to the lacknof signings this month. We all know the situation.

Yes, it would be great to be in the CL when the new owmers come. However, if we're not, no problems. We'll take it, especially if we have new owners. We'll just have to move smart.

The main objective of this season is getting rid of the owners. That will be celebrated more than any top four finish or cup win.

Mainoldo

I'm not too sure why people are all up in arms in regards to the lacknof signings this month. We all know the situation.

Yes, it would be great to be in the CL when the new owmers come. However, if we're not, no problems. We'll take it, especially if we have new owners. We'll just have to move smart.

The main objective of this season is getting rid of the owners. That will be celebrated more than any top four finish or cup win.
Don’t agree with that at all. ETH has done some good work. Last thing we want is an unsuccessful season on the hope the club gets sold in time for us to be active in the next transfer window.

Tarrou

Don’t agree with that at all. ETH has done some good work. Last thing we want is an unsuccessful season on the hope the club gets sold in time for us to be active in the next transfer window.
the last thing I want is the Glazers to do a u-turn and stay another decade

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
I second this. Plus, all the new signings for our top 4 rivals will have had an extra half a season to settle in.

Godfather

That failed Chelsea bid was a stalking horse. He knew it wouldn’t be accepted, but was sending a message that he was interested and has the funds to purchase a PL club. He was never super serious about Chelsea. It was most likely for the Glazers to sit up and take notice which they seem to have done. It’s also got him talking to Raine which would have benefited him when the Glazers announced their intention to sell.
This has been doing the rounds quite often now and frankly I don't get that at all. What kind of message is that? What kind of intention do you show bidding too late? "Hey look guys I'm a fecking amateur" is the only one I can think of.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This has been doing the rounds quite often now and frankly I don't get that at all. What kind of message is that? What kind of intention do you show bidding too late? "Hey look guys I'm a fecking amateur" is the only one I can think of.
I agree. The guy is not Knighton. He affords to spend 4b on a club. So if he went on Sky and he said that he's willing to buy Manchester United then the Glazers would have listened

red thru&thru

Well, we all knew after the summer spending that there wouldn't be any money this month. Then, Q1 results came out and confirmed what we all already knew.

On top of that, it also showed why the Glazers want to sell...there's nothing left in the pot. So I'm not too sure why fans are unhappy. The Glazers have been awful. Nothing new.

Plant0x84

Thats because you are biased against, and not open to the possibility that Ratcliffe may be a great owner and custodian of our club.

Mainoldo

Well, we all knew after the summer spending that there wouldn't be any money this month. Then, Q1 results came out and confirmed what we all already knew.

On top of that, it also showed why the Glazers want to sell...there's nothing left in the pot. So I'm not too sure why fans are unhappy. The Glazers have been awful. Nothing new.
Yeah that’s fine.

My point was I won’t be happy with the non spending meaning our seasons falls over just to be happy they are gone in the summer.

My mind doesn’t work like that. If they go they go..

Godfather

Thats because you are biased against, and not open to the possibility that Ratcliffe may be a great owner and custodian of our club.
But what has that got to do with bidding late for a club being a sign of intention? Any intention at all? It makes no sense to me.

red thru&thru

Yeah that’s fine.

My point was I won’t be happy with the non spending meaning our seasons falls over just to be happy they are gone in the summer.

My mind doesn’t work like that. If they go they go..
If it were guaranteed that the Glazers would be gone if we missed out on top 4, I'll miss out on top 4. Short term pain, long term gain...and all that.

bosskeano

whoever purchases United needs to do a major overhaul of our recruiting department and sign real football guys to run the club.....i mean ffs just look at for example a club like Brighton that keeps finding these quality players for adequate fees and then sells them for 4 or 5 times what they paid

Status
Not open for further replies.