Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Tragic day for football, Manchester and United the day one of the great clubs becomes a plaything for Middle Eastern human rights violators.

Nothing is sacred anymore.

Maybe they can ship over the poor slave grafters from the World Cup stadia build to do the job on Old Trafford as well.

Welcome to the real world my son.

sglowrider

Why would someone simply put money from their own pocket ? If they clear the debt it would be by keeping Club as a collateral. No one is putting their personal money because they love the club.

If it's a company, the trust won't approve putting 4 billion from their assets either. It's how corporate Financials work !

It's either Ratcliffe but with debts on the club to be continued, limited budget , stadium would be another challenge and so on.

Or state club trying to create an image who has unlimited money and the club would be self sufficient going forward.
This.

I really don't understand the misunderstand or misconcetion people have with clearing the debt and then its hunky-dory afters. They have to buy the club first. Then that would entail and ROI is its a Radcliffe.

The most logical conclusion has always been oil money. Barring the super league buying United makes zero sense. Its better to put the 6billion in T-bonds than to spend it on United which doesn't have the guarantee of CL money every season especially coming from an increasingly competitive PL.
Otherwise the alternative is to stick with a Glazer type model.

Nori-

The biggest issue I can see happening with the Qataris owning both PSG + United is......who get priority over top signings?

I understand one group can't own two clubs in the same competition (Champions League) so the work around is one is owned by "Private investors". The reality is the Qatari royals will indirectly own both clubs and have final say over any spending.

Now imagine a top player goes up for sale, Bellingham for example, do they then have the power to say United won't be bidding to helps PSGs chances? The clash of interests worries me.

Last edited:

sglowrider

To be honest, I am not a big fan of this Qatari take over..I don't understand the craze. Spending has never been our problem, thanks to our global fans/reach/merch etc. The problem has been footballing decisions and direction. Big part was hiring the right manager and it looks like we have settled down with a modern manager with a plan and not some outdated big name or a board stooge/ex-player. Next, the focus must be on buying the right players. Again, considering we just fixed the manager, this is also likely to improve.

I would be happy to get rid of the Glazers, sure. But not for a shady consortium from middle east! Not a big fan. As of now I have my reservations.
Since you are a 'king' and you are uncomfortable with the ME consortium, time to cough up some of your king's money. Like 6billion quid spare change.

Nori-

Tragic day for football, Manchester and United the day one of the great clubs becomes a plaything for Middle Eastern human rights violators.

Maybe they can ship over the poor slave grafters from the World Cup stadia build to do the job on Old Trafford as well.
No different to Adidas using Asian sweat shops to make the their clothes/boots, Apple using factories where employees are committing suicide because of the work load or Starbucks using unethically sourced palm oil that is displacing tribes in the jungle.

You can't apply one set of morals to companies from the Middle East and another to American companies.

JustinC00

Do we really want to risk the club especially after what happen at shitty ?
But we are actually a club that generates massive amount of money and doesn't need to cook the books like citeh, it's just the glazers strapped us with massive debt and bled us as their own piggy bank.

sglowrider

No different to Adidas using Asian sweat shops to make the their clothes/boots, Apple using factories where employees are committing suicide because of the work load or Starbucks using unethically sourced palm oil that is displacing tribes in the jungle.

You can't apply one set of morals to companies from the Middle East and another to American companies.
Unfortunately in a Woke-world, everything is in absolutes or binary. No such thing as grey.

croadyman

Gonna need some more sources to report on this before I fully believe it. If Ornstein pops up with an article it's a done deal.
Yeah needs Luckhurst and the other Utd suspects to corroborate this story by retweeting

croadyman

No, the excitement of squad building will be gone. I know it could go wrong but we already know England is becoming the super league of football. Every top player seems to want to come here. Imagine being as huge as United that are winning all the trophies with huge stars and not only that but have the first pick of stars who want to come behind them.
it’ll be exciting for a few years but what about 10 years down the line? Are you excited about signing tomorrows Mbappe when you have todays Mbappe in your side? Are you as excited as you are watching Garnacho when you know Haaland is on the market and you really have to go for the big blonde dickhead?
As I said that’s worst case and that would be why I would stop watching. If it stays how it is now and Ten Hag simply wants to buy the Napoli striker and Bellingham then fair enough ( yes I already know they’re elite players) but I can’t see us signing a Martinez if United could just go to the best defender in Spain at the time or De Ligt or somebody stupid like that.
Im just saying I hope there’s an in between. The soul of a club can be lost very quickly
I appreciate it's still very early days at Newcastle but just maybe these Qatari businessmen would like to adopt an approach of mixing signing proven world class with potential talents too

AneRu

It was always going to be obvious that anyone interested from the ME states that had owned clubs would take this 'Qatari or Saudi based investors' route. It seems Qatar are more serious and are, if Keagan can be trusted, starting the PR offensive to get the fans in line and smoothen any 'fit and proper' hurdles.

It wil be interesting to see whether the Saudis come up with their own consortium as it would grant the Glazers their bidding war and break all sorts of records for a sports franchise but given that Liverpool are for sale too they could just bide their time and buy them instead. If the Saudis, the Qataris and Abu Dhabi own four PL clubs then football as we know it will be over.

Recently I have been thinking that maybe there is a method to the Chelsea madness. Being in the US private equity ecosystem maybe Boehly and Clearlake got wind of whats coming and decided to hoover up all the talent they could get in one go so as to beat the newly minted big boys to talent and position themselves for a world record sale or two.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

How quick some of our fans are to abandon all of their morale's just for money. I guess now oil owners are fine because they own United, but in their minds it was bad when it was Chelsea, PSG etc. Hypocrites.

Hopefully this news isn't accurate but sadly it's inevitable. Feel sick right now.

Morpheus 7

There are no ethical owners who are able to buy us properly, everyone knows what is required. Old Trafford and Carrington needs completely upgraded. We have been robbed and mismanaged financially for nearly two decades by the the Glazers. I want United competitive in the market and moving forward, getting the revenue we make getting pumped back in.

Football is an ugly business, we can't get left behind by having poor owners again. They all believe in nothing, the idea that we will ethical owners with the numbers required to buy the club is unrealistic. I want the Glazers gone, once and for all.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
There are no ethical owners who are able to buy us properly, everyone knows what is required. Old Trafford and Carrington needs completely upgraded. We have been robbed and mismanaged financially for nearly two decades by the the Glazers. I want United competitive in the market and moving forward, getting the revenue we make getting pumped back in.

Football is an ugly business, we can't get left behind by having poor owners again. They all believe in nothing, the idea that we will ethical owners with the numbers required to buy the club is unrealistic. I want the Glazers gone, once and for all.
You can't just turn a blind eye for fecks sake just because you want us to be rich.

What you're basically saying is that you'd accept United to be a sportswasher just so long as they pump money into us and we win. Is winning that important to you that you'd rather see United's heart and soul removed. We won't be Manchester United any longer, we'll just be another oil club, trashing over their rivals with an unlimited pool of money. Winning becomes pointless in this scenario, we haven't earnt the win, we've been handed it to us by a wealthy owner. Everything becomes redundant. Our stadium, training ground, new players and trophies will be a constant reminder of when we as a club abandoned our soul just so we could win. You may think I'm over reacting but we're all United fans here and we all love and want the best for the club. But we all have a line that when crossed will put that bond to the test and for some of us, this is the line. I don't think I'd ever be able to celebrate any win or trophy again, it'd all be hollow to me.

If this isn't your line, then fair enough.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

Pretty much.

I grew up loving Manchester United. Not the owners.

Any of these ME owners make me uncomfortable.
But what can we do.

EDIT:
We protested the Glazers because they were hollowing out the club.
If the club is run as a football club and the revenue is reinvested in the club, what is there to protest.

bosskeano

There was mention back in the summer of Becks being a figurehead that would help with the purchasing of United from teh Glazers well before Philip threw it out on twitter

sglowrider

You can't just turn a blind eye for fecks sake just because you want us to be rich.

What you're basically saying is that you'd accept United to be a sportswasher just so long as they pump money into us and we win. Is winning that important to you that you'd rather see United's heart and soul removed. We won't be Manchester United any longer, we'll just be another oil club, trashing over their rivals with an unlimited pool of money. Winning becomes pointless in this scenario, we haven't earnt the win, we've been handed it to us by a wealthy owner. Everything becomes redundant. Our stadium, training ground, new players and trophies will be a constant reminder of when we as a club abandoned our soul just so we could win. You may think I'm over reacting but we're all United fans here and we all love and want the best for the club. But we all have a line that when crossed will put that bond to the test and for some of us, this is the line. I don't think I'd ever be able to celebrate any win or trophy again, it'd all be hollow to me.

United has always been the richest club in England, barring the recent development. We have always had the most to spend. Most legacy fans of other clubs would think its rich that we are complaining or questioning the morals of the club if we are to be bought up by some super rich consortium.

We didn't win when we were rich and have won when we were rich. Judging by the Jan transfer window it maybe a sign of things to come -- we are skint. And the chances of winning when skint is pretty low.

Pointless fretting about the morals of potential owners unless you have £6billion in spare change. There is no perfect owner's scenario any way you spin it.

Besides, I think people are getting too confused about what the club means to them. Manchester United isn't a judgement or representation of who you are as a person. Who you are is a journey you need to undergo internally and United has nothing to do with that. Otherwise, you are seeking the impossible -- you are letting an entity that you have absolutely ZERO control over, define you?

Ultimately, you can only worry about what you can control -- in this case whether you discontinue supporting the club or just focus on the football.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

You are mixing up the City scenario where there was no basis for the incoming funds.
That is why they are in trouble.
City never had the revenue base for all their transfers.
The owners faked it. Why they are now screwed.

For one we would never be in favour of a Super league which will kill smaller clubs and the English game.

As I said most of us would not be happy with a ME owner.
Any day I would prefer Ratcliffe.

But we cannot control the outcome now.

wolvored

Its compete with the Cities Liverpool Chelseas and Newcastles of this world, as City will be back and Liverpool will probably be ME funded as well, or accept we will never be a big club again, winning trophies, or certainly the big 2.
Ratcliffe cant and I think wont attept to match the ME money for buying players.
If we fall behind we will gradually lose the fanbase as well, which will further put us behind.
Ethics or Success?

Witchking

Not sure if there's anything to be happy about. If this goes though, United winning anything will be similar to city winning. Hollow.

Somehow even though it doesn't make any sense, bring underdogs against the oil money and winning seems more satisfying I guess.

Newcastle, City, possibly Liverpool, Chelsea all will have more money to play with. But feel United rather get an owner who loves the club rather than getting unlimited money. Just need the debt to go and stadium to be overhauled.

NK86

Not sure if there's anything to be happy about. If this goes though, United winning anything will be similar to city winning. Hollow.

Somehow even though it doesn't make any sense, bring underdogs against the oil money and winning seems more satisfying I guess.

Newcastle, City, possibly Liverpool, Chelsea all will have more money to play with. But feel United rather get an owner who loves the club rather than getting unlimited money. Just need the debt to go and stadium to be overhauled.
Why do you think that owners from ME won't love the club? The Emir is known to be a United fan if I am not mistaken, so why does only SJR qualify as the fan-owner we need?

Witchking

Why do you think that owners from ME won't love the club? The Emir is known to be a United fan if I am not mistaken, so why does only SJR qualify as the fan-owner we need?
Whatever money we spend is something we earned. We never had a sugar daddy who would buy players and have an unlimited budget. This would tilt the game in United's favour way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.