Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

Feels like a dream come true. I hope this War chest has some serious weapons of mass destruction to cause devastation in the transfer market. :drool:

MUFC OK

It comes down to either having owners that abide by the rules or having owners that cheat.
Precisely, despite having ME owners, does anyone think Newcastle have cheated their way thus far? I don’t.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The reality is, if the Glazers sell then there is only a handful of people/companies in the world that will want to buy us, and can afford it.

We have to accept that there isn't a perfect option. it's either oil, an investment company or an invidiual rich enough.

I just want the club to be healthy, competitive, and left to be ran by 'football men' and not a play thing.

Anders Agnalt

5b it is then
Ban Royalty owners!!

No, no, please. Not any royalty, sheikhs or rich people from the Middle East. Their attitudes and views on people are completely different from what the club stands for. Let's have owners who want to build the club, follow rules, respect the game and the supporters in a dignified manner.

justsomebloke

Feels like a dream come true. I hope this War chest has some serious weapons of mass destruction to cause devastation in the transfer market. :drool:

I don't. We already have the resources to be competitive, under leech owners who invest nothing in the club. What we need is a club that is well-run. What we don't need is someone handing us a bunch of cash that can be thrown at the problem, which will spare us the hard work of actually running the club better.

MUFC OK

The reality is, if the Glazers sell then there is only a handful of people/companies in the world that will want to buy us, and can afford it.

We have to accept that there isn't a perfect option. it's either oil, an investment company or an invidiual rich enough.

I just want the club to be healthy, competitive, and left to be ran by 'football men' and not a play thing.
This is why we won’t know whether we’ve got the ‘best scenario’ owners until they’re here. Noise around Qatar plans sounds promising but only time will tell. Pretty sure the Glazers didn’t pitch that they were going to run the club into the ground when they were buying us.

MUFC OK

I don't. We already have the resources to be competitive, under leech owners who invest nothing in the club. What we need is a club that is well-run.
Who is going to spend £1-2bn on OT, £300m+ on other facilities, service debt in addition to the £4-6bn asking price?

I’m pretty sure that is beyond Ratcliffes means.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
As this edges closer to being a reality anyone else get the distinct impression the league and any regulators will be fast tracked.
Supposedly the white paper is due on the 20th and could include strange clauses blocking this kind of deal. Perhaps that is why the bid is expected in the coming days?

As for dual ownership, I believe this will be a private ownership model backed or "allowed" by QSI/QIA of course there may be some dodgy handing over of funds to back it.
IF that is the case I think wed potentially be second fiddle to PSG in terms of preferential treatment? or perhaps Qatar would look to slowly back out of PSG and fully fund United.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why are so many posters acting like this credible yet :lol:

croadyman

As this edges closer to being a reality anyone else get the distinct impression the league and any regulators will be fast tracked.
Supposedly the white paper is due on the 20th and could include strange clauses blocking this kind of deal. Perhaps that is why the bid is expected in the coming days?

As for dual ownership, I believe this will be a private ownership model backed or "allowed" by QSI/QIA of course there may be some dodgy handing over of funds to back it.
IF that is the case I think wed potentially be second fiddle to PSG in terms of preferential treatment? or perhaps Qatar would look to slowly back out of PSG and fully fund United.
I think the latter as their interest in us goes way back to February 2011,put the article up in this thread earlier today

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
This is why we won’t know whether we’ve got the ‘best scenario’ owners until they’re here. Noise around Qatar plans sounds promising but only time will tell. Pretty sure the Glazers didn’t pitch that they were going to run the club into the ground when they were buying us.
Three loanees for the January Transfer window ain't a great look considering our top line revenues.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
1. They wouldn’t bother with any of this if it could be blocked.

2. It now seems to be pretty concrete

3. Mbappe #7?

Judas

Open to offers
How? FFP is still a thing.
We don’t spend anywhere near as much as could. That’s the point. The Glazers have withheld so much funds that legitimately could have gone towards players. This is why us getting taken over isn’t comparable to City’s. We could spend so much money with a lot less fear of breaking rules.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
£5bn plus addons then
The Qataris can offer the Glazers an additional 200 million if we have one Ballon d'or winner before 2030. Another 200 million if we win the CL within the next 8 years. Another 200million if ETH stays beyond 2045. And 500million if Martial plays more than 40games/season till 2030.

Chief123

How? FFP is still a thing.
FFP is a thing yes. The whole point of it is it’s relative to spending within your means. Our revenue is huge. If the owners wanted they would be within limits to spend serious money every summer.

Laurencio

Because our revenue is massive.
So has nothing to do with the Qataris then? No matter who ends up buying us could provide Ten Hag with a war chest? What we need are sensible owners who run the club well, we don't need the Qataris for that.

justsomebloke

Who is going to spend £1-2bn on OT, £300m+ on other facilities, service debt in addition to the £4-6bn asking price?

I’m pretty sure that is beyond Ratcliffes means.
Fair enough. We do need a new owner who's prepared to invest in infrastructure etc. My point here is that we're not a club who's been held back from contention by a shortage of financial resources. And if I ask myself what is needed for United to become a leading club again, an owner who puts up a huge transfers war chest over and beyond what the club's own income can support doesn't really figure very prominently.

Infra-red

Will say the usual suspects are saying nothing,having said that Utd haven't come out and flattened speculation either.
As per the club's statement in November, United will not make any further comments regarding the "strategic process", until something is nearing completion. They definitely will not respond to speculation from Jamie Jackson, Talksport or Mail Online.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Will say the usual suspects are saying nothing,having said that Utd haven't come out and flattened speculation either.
United won't come out and comment on every link :lol:
Usual suspects who? If there's something genuine and properly corroborated then Athletic or Bloomberg etc would have reported it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
So has nothing to do with the Qataris then? No matter who ends up buying us could provide Ten Hag with a war chest?
Yeah but we don't just care about transfers, we want whoever buys us to invest heavily in Old Trafford, Carrington and the Academy which would be a multi-billion pound project in its own right.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So has nothing to do with the Qataris then? No matter who ends up buying us could provide Ten Hag with a war chest? What we need are sensible owners who run the club well, we don't need the Qataris for that.
As long as somebody buys us and clears the debt and allows all of the money generated to be invested back into the squad, then we'll have more than enough money to compete in the market.

Chief123

Yeah but we don't just care about transfers, we want whoever buys us to invest heavily in Old Trafford, Carrington and the Academy which would be a multi-billion pound project in its own right.
I think most fans would just happily accept being able to get a mobile data signal inside Old Trafford.

Infra-red

Stadium developments would be welcome, but that project is likely to take a decade from inception to completion. Worth keeping some perspective re timelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.