Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Thrax

Supports
BVB, Roma and United.
I don't know how hard it is to understand that if we want someone to heavily invest into the club, and I am not talking only about the players but in everything related to the club, stadium, training grounds, women and youth teams, and just in general bring the club to the 21st century, it will have to come from one of Qatar, UAE, Saudis etc. There is simply no way that any of the US consortiums or that Ratcliffe guy wouldn't expect to get their money back, and pretty quickly. I admire some of you having higher moral values than most of others and I guess you don't buy anything made in China, don't fill your car with fuel that came from Saudis etc. which again, I salute you but I just don't think it's what's best for the club. We desperately need investment in a lot of areas and nobody will be stupid enough to throw their own money without expecting to get it back, except the state owners who care more about their image than money.
Manchester United ist a stock listed public company. As such it has to meet certain transparency standards in terms of financial reporting.
This might be a problem for any arab-state ownership as they don't like transparency too much.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I definitely respect anyone who don’t want a state owners.

I don’t expect many to agree with me — but 100% if we got an owner that gave us 300m extra per year in transfer money, my interest in the team would drop significantly. I don’t want a Galacticos team.

Glazers must of course go. But finding the “perfect” owner won’t be easy.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I wonder if we'll hear about more interested parties in the coming days.

Would Kuwait be no good?
From a purely sporting perspective they would be very good imo, and City's stranglehold on the league would come to an end due to the Abu Dhabi group facing a competitor on a level playing field, financially. But there hasn't been any reports thus far of the Kuwaiti's being interested.

phelans shorts

why though?

Do you think the glazers would give a feck about human rights if they could get away with it?
Did I say that though?

I don’t agree with state ownership, full stop. I’d be against the Norwegian fund too, it’s all so hollow and meaningless when you get to those levels. Is there any soul to anything City do? PSG? Is there any point in any of it? I’d rather drop down the leagues than become one of those, I’d still be there because I love the club. Will I still be there if the club I know and love has gone and been replaced by a toy for some wealth fund? I don’t know.

red thru&thru

Middle Eastern investors would help us seriously compete and invest in the infrastructure of the club.

They would revamp OT and the surrounding area. Training ground. Hopefully a new stadium for the youth/reserves/ladies team.

Middle Eastern investors are quite diverse and would help us technologies, such as digital and blockchain.

All this requires serious investments, which only a limited few outside Middle Eastern investors will spend.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I definitely respect anyone who don’t want a state owners.

I don’t expect many to agree with me — but 100% if we got an owner that gave us 300m extra per year in transfer money, my interest in the team would drop significantly. I don’t want a Galacticos team.

Glazers must of course go. But finding the “perfect” owner won’t be easy.
The existing oil backed clubs don’t even spend 300m a year. That’s not how it works and unlikely to go like that.

red thru&thru

From a purely sporting perspective they would be very good imo, and City's stranglehold on the league would come to an end due to the Abu Dhabi group facing a competitor on a level playing field, financially. But there hasn't been any reports thus far of the Kuwaiti's being interested.
Unfortunately no, there hasn't been. I wonder why they haven't yet taken the plunge into a football team?!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Did I say that though?

I don’t agree with state ownership, full stop. I’d be against the Norwegian fund too, it’s all so hollow and meaningless when you get to those levels. Is there any soul to anything City do? PSG? Is there any point in any of it? I’d rather drop down the leagues than become one of those, I’d still be there because I love the club. Will I still be there if the club I know and love has gone and been replaced by a toy for some wealth fund? I don’t know.
City and Newcastle are only ‘hollow’ because they are City and Newcastle. Nobody would call a Madrid, United or Barcelona success hollow.

crossy1686

career ending
An American won't be the highest bid. It will be a middle east state which will probably be Dubai. People need to accept that as the Glazers doesn't care about sports washing etc.
Any Middle Eastern buyer will make a take it or leave it offer, the Yanks are far more likely to get their ego wrapped up in owning the 'biggest club in the world'.

the_cliff

He'd have to sell Inter Miami for about £10b first
He would be part of a group that would be interested in buying. He definitely has friends in high places, with a lot of money in America that would be willing to invest.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
City and Newcastle are only ‘hollow’ because they are City and Newcastle. Nobody would call a Madrid, United or Barcelona success hollow.
I think the manner of the success is important. An oil funded United being successful would definitely be less meaningful than if we won the league this year for example.

Slysi17

Any Middle Eastern buyer will make a take it or leave it offer, the Yanks are far more likely to get their ego wrapped up in owning the 'biggest club in the world'.
Nothing to do with it. Glazers will accept the highest bidder. You think Americans can outbid Dubai? If a businessmen is selling something they want the highest price

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He would be part of a group that would be interested in buying. He definitely has friends in high places, with a lot of money in America that would be willing to invest.
Hes a mug though, worry is he'd probably naively be the face of the club while it's controlled by shit owners.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He'd have to sell Inter Miami for about £10b first
I didn’t say I thought he would buy it. He will be the face of a bid though in return for a couple hundred million or few percent of stock.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Manchester United ist a stock listed public company. As such it has to meet certain transparency standards in terms of financial reporting.
This might be a problem for any arab-state ownership as they don't like transparency too much.
I covered this earlier in the thread — but it looks like a takeover would be made through a merger.

That means that the board of Manchester United plc agree to merge with a company wholly owned by the buyer and as merger consideration, the shareholders of Manchester United plc get 100% cash. Such takeover offer must be approved by the shareholders of Manchester United plc — but the Glazer’s control that vote.

As a consequence, Manchester United plc would of course delist its shares after the takeover.

Kaos

Yeah have you heard of Bayern Munich…
Last I checked Bayern were owned almost entirely by the fan-led holding group, with the rest being pitched in by the likes of Adidas and Audi. They have some ex-legends who hold executive positions within the club.

What I don't want is a consortium led by the CO92. We should be looking forwards as a club, not backwards. Inter Miami and Salford FC aren't exactly a promising blueprint for us to develop the club going forward. And if there's anything I've learned as a United fan in recent years, is that nostalgia can often have a hindering effect.

Also would those who would be ethically opposed to Middle Eastern owners be OK with the likes of Becks considering he recently sold out to the Qataris?

TheReligion

Abusive
Last I checked Bayern were owned almost entirely by the fan-led holding group, with the rest being pitched in by the likes of Adidas and Audi. They have some ex-legends who hold executive positions within the club.

What I don't want is a consortium led by the CO92. We should be looking forwards as a club, not backwards. Inter Miami and Salford FC aren't exactly a promising blueprint for us to develop the club going forward. And if there's anything I've learned as a United fan in recent years, is that nostalgia can often have a hindering effect.
You mentioned jobs for the boys. I said see Bayern Munich.

Not sure what the issue with Salford is? They’ve done pretty well. Both irrelevant anyway.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Any sports washig venture would leap at his involvement. A commercial one wouln't really care i guess.He's already sold his credibility in Qatar so he might as well double down.

crossy1686

career ending
Nothing to do with it. Glazers will accept the highest bidder. You think Americans can outbid Dubai? If a businessmen is selling something they want the highest price
They can and they will if Dubai make a take it or leave it offer. They can just buy Liverpool instead of paying daft money

Kaos

You mentioned jobs for the boys. I said see Bayern Munich.

Not sure what the issue with Salford is? They’ve done pretty well. Both irrelevant anyway.
Has it worked for us though? Ole's three years were a waste of time in hindsight, and unlike Bayern we don't have the luxury of being the sole superpower in a farmer's league where the repercussions for poor executive appointments almost have no repercussions for their successful outlook. We're a club thats currently in transition and need the absolute best in the business if we have any hope of catching our domestic rivals. This nostalgic dream of getting the likes of Beckham and co to spearhead a takeover isn't conducive to that. Salford are neither here nor there, and Inter Miami from what I hear have been pretty naff, with Phil Neville doing a pretty abysmal job there. The point is they don't have the experience to be spearheading us back to the top. The fact is we need objective owners without any nostalgic biases to come in, invest heavily in and around the club and place the very best personnel in executive positions within the club for us to succeed.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I covered this earlier in the thread — but it looks like a takeover would be made through a merger.

That means that the board of Manchester United plc agree to merge with a company wholly owned by the buyer and as merger consideration, the shareholders of Manchester United plc get 100% cash. Such takeover offer must be approved by the shareholders of Manchester United plc — but the Glazer’s control that vote.

As a consequence, Manchester United plc would of course delist its shares after the takeover.
This is how this post looked to me:

Το κάλυψα νωρίτερα στο νήμα — αλλά φαίνεται ότι η εξαγορά θα γινόταν μέσω συγχώνευσης.
Αυτό σημαίνει ότι το διοικητικό συμβούλιο της Manchester United plc συμφωνεί να συγχωνευθεί με μια εταιρεία που ανήκει εξ ολοκλήρου στον αγοραστή και ως αντάλλαγμα συγχώνευσης, οι μέτοχοι της Manchester United plc λαμβάνουν 100% μετρητά. Αυτή η προσφορά εξαγοράς πρέπει να εγκριθεί από τους μετόχους της Manchester United plc — αλλά η Glazer ελέγχει αυτή την ψήφο.
Κατά συνέπεια, η Manchester United plc θα διαγράψει φυσικά τις μετοχές της μετά την εξαγορά.

Roario

I hate to say it, but we need an owner that treats us as a toy/hobby, not an investment.
People like Ratcliffe are businessmen first and will not benefit us. They will want the money they invested back somehow.
If we want to be competitive again we have to hope for Dubai or similar.

We can argue about morals all day long, but if we want to win things, morals go out the window.

NYAS

I’m Kuwaiti. This is not the sort of project we get involved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.