Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I hate to say it, but we need an owner that treats us as a toy/hobby, not an investment.
People like Ratcliffe are businessmen first and will not benefit us. They will want the money they invested back somehow.
If we want to be competitive again we have to hope for Dubai or similar.

We can argue about morals all day long, but if we want to win things, morals go out the window.
:lol:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
With this coming hot on the heels of the Dippers' this has got to mean the Super League us going to get buried by the EUCJ, right?

For me, the goal for FSG was always the SL and I can see the Galzers seeing it as their last goal. With that pathetic video the Super Leafue put out a month or so ago and now both FSG and the Glazers selling it has got to mean it is dead, doesn't it?

As for new owners, my money is on a US consortium with a figure head.

cyberman

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that I'm South African, and that this is not the sort of project we get involved in.
Irish here and it’s a hard no from us. I can’t see how it would raise house prices for my mates so, for that reason, we’re out.

lsd

The Oracle
Looks like Dubai are the front runners or the investment corporation of Dubai.

Is that different in anyway as you look at their net worth and it's something like 300 billion then Dubai which seems to be just over 4 billion?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I hate to say it, but we need an owner that treats us as a toy/hobby, not an investment.
People like Ratcliffe are businessmen first and will not benefit us. They will want the money they invested back somehow.
If we want to be competitive again we have to hope for Dubai or similar.

We can argue about morals all day long, but if we want to win things, morals go out the window.
Incorrect. Radcliffe is looking to leave a legacy. He would absolutely have the clubs long term interests at heart.

DSG

Why people even mention Norway's sovereign fund? Is it something that has ever been rumoured?
It’s the biggest in the world. And probably not possible, as others have said.

‘Actually, a 10b price tag is reasonable enough that we could see hedge funds in play… doesn’t have to be a sovereign wealth fund.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Irish here and it’s a hard no from us. I can’t see how it would raise house prices for my mates so, for that reason, we’re out.
Singaporean here, and after seeing Peter Lim fecked Valencia up, hope nobody from here gets involved in any shape or form

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think the manner of the success is important. An oil funded United being successful would definitely be less meaningful than if we won the league this year for example.
We’ve won enough league titles without oil money for any victory to look like restoring a normal order of things.

City winning titles ordinarily makes little sense. If Burnley hit the lotto and win the league, it would seem hollow. It’s not the same for United.

Roario

Incorrect. Radcliffe is looking to leave a legacy. He would absolutely have the clubs long term interests at heart.
He alone can not afford to buy United.
Can't imagine him pitching. "Hey guys, I need 4 billion. You won't see a penny in return. Chop chop"

phelans shorts

We’ve won enough league titles without oil money for any victory to look like restoring a normal order of things.

City winning titles ordinarily makes little sense. If Burnley hit the lotto and win the league, it would seem hollow. It’s not the same for United.
You can keep lying to yourself but it doesn’t change facts.

red thru&thru

It's Middle Eastern for sure and as much as I hate that idea let's just hope we can do something good for the community with the eventual money that comes in.
Unfortunately, I've come to terms with it. I do look jealously at the likes of CFG and PSG.

Boondog

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that I'm South African, and that this is not the sort of project we get involved in.
I'm American and this is precisely the sort of project we get involved in. :lol:

hp88

You'd also be shocked by how many billionaires don't want to set fire to their money to keep us happy
Yeah that’s why we need a country / state or someone like Bezos who can take the hit and not actually worry about it, the likes of Ratcliffe would either need to dump a good portion of their personal wealth or need to be backed by investors who would want a slice of our profits at some point.

Doctor Thrax

Supports
BVB, Roma and United.
I covered this earlier in the thread — but it looks like a takeover would be made through a merger.

That means that the board of Manchester United plc agree to merge with a company wholly owned by the buyer and as merger consideration, the shareholders of Manchester United plc get 100% cash. Such takeover offer must be approved by the shareholders of Manchester United plc — but the Glazer’s control that vote.

As a consequence, Manchester United plc would of course delist its shares after the takeover.
But I remember the drama that happened after Elon Musk declared his intentions to buy and delist Twitter.
Even a merger with delisting will have to meet certain standards of financial regulation and transparency for the shareholders.

In my opinion that's why buying MUF is different from buying a private company like Manchester City Football Club Ltd where such high regulatory standards may not apply.
And tbh, I cannot imagine that any of the Arabs are willing to meet those standards. I also cannot imagine that there will be a way for them to outflank those regulations (as they use to do with bribery) because the UK would lose its credibility as financial centre if this was tolerated by the regulatory authorities.

So my guess is that the next owner will be an American global asset management firm like Oaktree who are specialized in alternative investment strategies and undervalued assets. Even more as the British pound is relatively cheap compared to the USD.

Telsim

Imagine after all this the Glazers decide they don't actually want to sell and instead just sign a contract handing over the naming rights to the stadium. Or just sell a minority share to some of their buddies overseas.

Doctor Thrax

Supports
BVB, Roma and United.
He alone can not afford to buy United.
Can't imagine him pitching. "Hey guys, I need 4 billion. You won't see a penny in return. Chop chop"
As far as I can tell the opposite is true.
Manchester United despite lacking success in sportive goals has shown to be the most profitable football club in the PL.

https://brandfinance.com/insights/foreign-ownership-in-the-premier-league

The following graphic shows a ranking of PL clubs and their EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization) which is a measure of a company's profitability of the operating business.

https://brandfinance.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/EBITDA.png

(The forum says I'm not allowed to post graphics yet so I have to link the graphic)

Status
Not open for further replies.