Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What obligations?

As long as the stadium meets the PL and legal requirements they don't have to redevelop anything, they don't have to provide any funds for new players either, probably not in their best interests to not do so but that's up to them unfortunately
To other shareholders

TheReligion

Abusive
"He will do a better job here because it's just Nice and he isn't serious, and Nice was just a tryout for his eventual ownership of Manchester United anyway, and he will definitely do a better job owning Manchester United because he is a local lad, even if he doesn't live in the UK anymore to avoid taxes and tried to buy Chelsea instead, and that qualifies him no matter what because he cares for the club and the fans, even if he didn't think twice about poisoning the latter for profit, so it doesn't matter and I'm sure he won't do the same with the club."

I was just getting these out of the way. Carry on.
Smart cookie over here

Zippycup

"He will do a better job here because it's just Nice and he isn't serious, and Nice was just a tryout for his eventual ownership of Manchester United anyway, and he will definitely do a better job owning Manchester United because he is a local lad, even if he doesn't live in the UK anymore to avoid taxes and tried to buy Chelsea instead, and that qualifies him no matter what because he cares for the club and the fans, even if he didn't think twice about poisoning the latter for profit, so it doesn't matter and I'm sure he won't do the same with the club."

I was just getting these out of the way. Carry on.
Why do so many people on here have an issue with a local lad who is also a fan of the club, owning the club?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Why do so many people on here have an issue with a local lad who is also a fan of the club, owning the club?
I mean, it's been covered at length as to why a lot of people wouldn't be happy with him, long story short is that he's not a very good owner.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Because some of us are sane enough not to want the owner version of Solskjaer

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

It will be very, very interesting to see what they do. When Glazers bought the club, it was a well run machine. Quite different now. Would not be surprised if they did a restructure of the management. Would almost be surprised if they did not. Some of the untapped potential at the club is managing it better.

Son

I mean, it's been covered at length as to why a lot of people wouldn't be happy with him, long story short is that he's not a very good owner.
This. Nail on head. What is it with our obsession for local lads doing everything at United.

It’s the most global of global clubs imo. I honestly think the club outgrew some of our fanbase which is understandable over the years.

He can’t compete with these Middle Eastern nations, no chance. They are like the Borg or something they seem relentless as money has zero value to them. Almost like it’s not real.

A businessman cannot beat that long term.

mu4c_20le

That’s true. He’s a massive Utd fan, so massive in fact that he’s also a Chelsea season ticket holder.
It's actually because he lives there. Regardless, the notion that he'd run Nice the same way as a ~5b rated club is asinine

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
In addition to what others have said I am not convinced Ratcliffe wants United because of his love for the club rather than because he wants to make money out of us. Mike Ashley loved Newcastle, supposedly, but was a grabbing disaster for them and, with worrying similarity to Ratcliffe, isn't shy of being involved with other clubs.

If we do get him I totally hope I'm wrong, I'm just voicing a suspicion.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
In addition to what others have said I am not convinced Ratcliffe wants United because of his love for the club rather than because he wants to make money out of us. Mike Ashley loved Newcastle, supposedly, but was a grabbing disaster for them and, with worrying similarity to Ratcliffe, isn't shy of being involved with other clubs.

Mike Ashley was a business man who had no connection or "love" to Newcastle until he bought them

Obviously the Geordies hate him because he didn't throw his billions in to them, but he did keep them solvent and generally the club was well run as far as I can tell

AltiUn

That has zero relevance on the purchase of Manchester United.
He's a multi billionaire. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.
How does it not have any relevance?

ShinjiNinja26

It's actually because he lives there. Regardless, the notion that he'd run Nice the same way as a ~5b rated club is asinine
The man’s a multimillionaire, I’m sure it’s pretty easy to get to OT if he really wanted to. Also poor decisions are poor decisions no matter what level it’s at, thinking he’s going to walk in here and operate Utd completely different to his current club and run it purely for the love of Utd is pure fairytale stuff.

Zippycup

How is he going to have a return on his investment if the club isn't successful? He won't. Its that simple. It's why the Glazers are selling.

Newcastle were sold for under £400m and you could easily invest little for a big return. United are being sold for anything North of £5billion.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Mike Ashley was a business man who had no connection or "love" to Newcastle until he bought them

Obviously the Geordies hate him because he didn't throw his billions in to them, but he did keep them solvent and generally the club was well run as far as I can tell
Well run? Yes, Dennis Wise and Roy Kinnear were masterstrokes, after which he spent most of his time trying to sell them for a profit. You're right in one thing however, Newcastle fans do hate him, with a vengeance, as do Coventry fans and even Rangers fans, I simply don't want United fans to be in a similar position.

Zippycup

How does it not have any relevance?
How does what have relevance?
How Ratcliffe came from a council estate in Failsworth to become the UKs richest man.
I'd say the relevance is he knows what the feck he is doing.

AltiUn

How does what have relevance?
How Ratcliffe came from a council estate in Failsworth to become the UKs richest man.
I'd say the relevance is he knows what the feck he is doing.
How does him already having a club that he's managing poorly not have relevance? I don't know what fantasy land you're living in where you think that doesn't have relevance on him being the owner of United.

Ciddy

Just as EtH unites a large portion of the fan base after years of split due to feelings on managers, it seems as though we’re about to be split again because of new owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.