Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori-

I'm getting slight anxiety about this takeover now.

I know these things take months to sort out but the idea of another Glazer like owner makes me sick.

I don't know if I could stomach another decade or more of an owner who only cares about profits and will exploit the club for every penny.

Even the idea of Ratcliffe worries me. He isn't oil money rich and won't be blowing his kids inheritance on a vanity project, so again it will be a case of profits before trophies.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Fecking hell ....how many more times does it need to be said before people comprehend.

Ratcliffe isn't buying the club. INEOS is!! (Potentially)

They turn over $60b a year, they brought Nice with dividends from shares, basically spare change.

Money will not be an issue.

Mainoldo

Fecking hell ....how many more times does it need to be said before people comprehend.

They turn over $60b a year, they brought Nice with dividends from shares, basically spare change.

Have they ever spent 10% of their turnover on 1 asset?

AlPistacho

INEOS made a £250m loss in 2020 and £500m profit in 2022.

This £60b turnover figure that gets touted is highly misleading. If I turnover £600,000 a year but make profit of £10k, I have no business buying a £100k Porsche

wolvored

This is a bit concerning and points to investment focused buyers. Would prefer to hear “there are those who think it’s a great project and want the challenge to turn United into the best again”
1 billion fans while the population last year just reached 8 billion and considering 3 billion are children 16 and under, means thats got to be bolllocks.

Infra-red

You are wasting your breath. The new normal is sovereign wealth funds with £750bn AUM. Anything less than that and the people who have already bought Mbappe pyjamas to match their Manchester United bedspreads, might risk looking silly.

Mainoldo

You are wasting your breath. The new normal is sovereign wealth funds with £750bn AUM. Anything less than that and the people who have already bought Mbappe pyjamas to match their Manchester United bedspreads, might risk looking silly.
Again it’s just your lack of financial knowledge which blinds you.

Is is feasible for their company to freely write off c.£10bn as an exceptional item?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Investment.

New ground
New infrastructure
New players
Yep that's the minimum we expect from any new owner
I’d settle for clearing the debt to level the playing field and competency in the football structure, although I’m hoping whoever comes in gives Arnold and Murtough a fair go as I feel we are seeing improvements under them, and they have Erik’s back.
The other stuff is ancillary and will follow the above.

I suggest that you click the link and read what the likes of Lemina, Todibo, Barkley and co did while at Nice. That's quite a shit show in terms of club management isn't it?
They’ve been there 3 years man, and after a slightly rocky patch they went out and got themselves one of the most promising DoF’s in France.
Compare that to how long Woodward stayed in charge or how Everton has been run, yet the way some talk, like yourself talk like they’ve been there for years and years making multiple wrong decisions year on year.

You’re all making drama for the sake of drama, Nice bought some shite players before INEOS too. Just as everyone claimed Liverpool were incredible in recruitment, you sometimes get it wrong, as Liverpool appear to have done lately. What you hope is that the club hierarchy recognise that and immediately remedy it, just as INEOS appear to have done.
League finishes are fine, they are in no danger of doing an Everton, it’s all drama because people expect instant results from fecking Nice.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

I’d settle for clearing the debt to level the playing field and competency in the football structure, although I’m hoping whoever comes in gives Arnold and Murtough a fair go as I feel we are seeing improvements under them, and they have Erik’s back.
The other stuff is ancillary and will follow the above.
The Arnold and Murtough thing fine. But if you just settle the debt how are you financing the stadium, training ground and football team?

The club closes to us in debt is Spurs and that’s due to their stadium mortgage? You think these mini billionaires are going to go broke giving us a stadium for free.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Have they ever spent 10% of their turnover on 1 asset?
Considering they put a bid of circa $4.5b for Chelsea, I'd say they are serious contenders to do just that.

INEOs and Ratcliffe have already stated their desire to have a portfolio of clubs with a big club central to it. It's part of a wider sports conglomerate for them.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Not a transfer record
Are you just going to list some names in the hope that one sticks
Or maybe, just maybe you've confused British record transfer with biggest record transfer?
Now you're just being silly

Status
Not open for further replies.