Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Just making a devilish effort to equalise the tone of the debate…you know with all Brexit Jim, bike man stuff. ;)
I don't blame everything on Sir jim. He is actually a great business man in the petrol chemical business a sort of bill Gates in that area. But he is kind of shit in football, he is a brexiteer (and the worse kind) and he does hire some bike man to give him advice on football matters. That's all true isn't it?

MDFC Manager

How are Nice run as a club, apart from their on field performances? I mean, glazers oversaw champions league and multi premier league wins themselves, despite being horrific owners overall.

@JPRouve @kouroux

Rolaholic

You have no idea how rich the Ivory Coast Ligue 1 is. Apple, Microsoft and Amazon all own clubs there and they have to compete with Qatar, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Saudi. Ineos despite being so invested in football and smart can't expect to compete there.
:lol: :lol:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I don't blame everything on Sir jim. He is actually a great business man in the petrol chemical business a sort of bill Gates in that area. But he is kind of shit in football, he is a brexiteer (and the worse kind) and he does hire some bike man to give him advice on football matters. That's all true isn't it?
I wouldn't go that far. Bill Gates is a bonafide genius. Someone who is great at tech but also in business. A rare combo. There's one Bill Gates but a lot more Jim Ratcliffe out there.

Tiber

With no matches for a while the Wumminator v rest of the world saga is really good to take off unless we get some actual news

red thru&thru

Alternatively, ya know just a suggestion, you could give it a rest and stop derailing the thread baiting and goading other posters. Mad I know, but it could just work…..
Yeah, I think people just need to let him go. He's made his point clear, and from what I believe, he doesn't really want to derail the thread any further than it already does, and he's sitting this one out.

Let him be people, let him be.

cyberman

Alternatively, ya know just a suggestion, you could give it a rest and stop derailing the thread baiting and goading other posters. Mad I know, but it could just work…..
This is a bit of a shocker when one side is as bad as the other is it not?
Anyway reports of a mid week second bid so expecting the shit show to return around Thursday morning

Last edited:

devilish

I wouldn't go that far. Bill Gates is a bonafide genius. Someone who is great at tech but also in business. A rare combo. There's one Bill Gates but a lot more Jim Ratcliffe out there.
I read a bit about how this guy made money and its quite impressive. I always had great respect towards someone who takes parts of business who are not performing and is able to turn things around. There are very few people I'm the petrol chemicals business who are at big as SJR.

red thru&thru

Anyway reports of a mid week second bid so expecting the shot show to return around Thursday morning
Hopefully sooner. Will make the drab international break more bearing. :D

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yep. Wumminator hadn’t been active on the thread the first time for the same reasons as this time, was goaded to return and then people gurn about thread derailment. Rinse & repeat.

cyberman

Yep. Wumminator hadn’t been active on the thread the first time, was goaded to return and then people gurn about thread derailment. Rinse & repeat.
Yeah, those three odd days showed some restraint!
You made me do this to you vibes here buddy

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Is it not likely or correct for a person to have the impulse to reply to goading or mocking?

I’d also point out to you that on some level you’re criticising him for lowering himself by replying. ;)

Chief123

Yep. Wumminator hadn’t been active on the thread the first time for the same reasons as this time, was goaded to return and then people gurn about thread derailment. Rinse & repeat.
He wasn’t goaded at all. He stepped back from the thread (one of many attempts) and then came back and posted a tweet over the weekend which started off another shit show.

RedDevilUnited369

I find it odd that there are apparently other interested parties other than Qataris, SJR and Elliot group.

All three have been documented visiting OT but yet we’re to believe other potential buyers are slipping in and out without being seen?

It would seem to me that it’s now just between Qataris and SJR, whoever offers the best package.

This leads to another question about how much 100% ownership really is? Is it just the 100% Glazer shares for sale? What if other shareholders don’t want to sell?

RORY65

He wasn’t goaded at all. He stepped back from the thread (one of many attempts) and then came back and posted a tweet over the weekend which started off another shit show.
In fairness he sort of was, he was tagged by the guy celebrating that a member of his tribe might be taking over United for no reason other than to rub it in given he knew how Wumminator feels about that prospect.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Anyway reports of a mid week second bid so expecting the shit show to return around Thursday morning
Whats shocking about it? This thread doesn’t need another pile on to one poster, or pages of drivel about superior fans. Its not about Jasmin or Jim, just pointless point scoring sarcasm between posters.

Looking forward to then next round of updates however, this seems to really be gathering momentum now. We’re actually going to be rid of the Glazers which is exciting. Just hope we are out of the frying pan and into the fire.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The constant sarcastic backslapping between a few of the same posters has surely run its course at this point.
I finally understand why people hate this thread and wish I would have just not engaged from the start. You have a handful of posters acting as the propaganda arm for Qatar based on extremely limited information. The constant need to defend Jassim and anyone who may have questions about his bid is just weird. The cringiest part must the self-labeling of themselves as "pro-Qatar". Yuck.

Was it? Funny that, because I picked it from here, after there was a discussion about it and it was pretty clear. Guess it wasn't "all". Hahaha
Ok.

Rolaholic

Aye, I think the hatred of the thread might also has something to do with the incessant holier than thou/no true scotsman attitudes on display and venom being aimed people's way for opinions over something they have absolutely zero control over...

Member 125398

Aye, I think the hatred of the thread might also has something to do with the incessant holier than thou/no true scotsman attitudes on display and venom being aimed people's way for opinions over something they have absolutely zero control over...
Some people don't want us to become like City. Nothing holier than thou about that. It's understandable that people are angry when they feel that something fundemental in their lives is being destroyed. People have been dealing with that feeling for so long now, it's hardly surprising that it's erupting in different ways. Amongst it all there are reasoned opinions on both sides.

Robertd0803

Is it safe to come back in this thread yet?
If you are doing what Im doing and scanning through for any tweet updates and leaving without engaging in any of the discussions/arguments or utter nonsense then yeah maybe :lol:

I wonder what thread in Caf history holds the record for most posters putting others on Ignore.

devilish

I finally understand why people hate this thread and wish I would have just not engaged from the start. You have a handful of posters acting as the propaganda arm for Qatar based on extremely limited information. The constant need to defend Jassim and anyone who may have questions about his bid is just weird. The cringiest part must the self-labeling of themselves as "pro-Qatar". Yuck.

Ok.
It's pretty obvious that 'pro qatar' = 'Pro Qatari bid'. Most if not all of us think that it's the best bid for United. That doesn't mean that we agree with Qatari politics. The same as those who are pro SJR aren't necessarily in favour of his or Ineos brexit/tax evasion/ polluting heavy policies

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
It's pretty obvious that 'pro qatar' = 'Pro Qatari bid'. Most if not all of us think that it's the best bid for United. That doesn't mean that we agree with Qatari politics. The same as those who are pro SJR aren't necessarily in favour of his or Ineos brexit/tax evasion/ polluting heavy policies
Why do people mention pollution/green issues in relation to Ineos, when Qatari wealth is wholly derived from fossil fuels?

devilish

Why do people mention pollution/green issues in relation to Ineos, when Qatari wealth is wholly derived from fossil fuels?
That's not the point I am making. There is a difference between being pro qatari/sjr and being pro qatari/sjr bid. I believe that is pretty obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.