Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Ratcliffe is the very proof that anyone can make it people claim doesn't exist.
Slightly disingenuous. He at some or multiple points will have been extremely lucky or in the right place at the right time. Not everyone just works hard and becomes a billionaire.

He probably did a lot of unsavoury shit too.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Slightly disingenuous. He at some or multiple points will have been extremely lucky or in the right place at the right time. Not everyone just works hard and becomes a billionaire.

‘Slightly disingenuous’ is doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

alexthelion

Which would signify that INEOS bid is higher, if it's circa the same amount but for a lesser percentage originally than the Qatari bid.
How many times does it need to be said? Both Jassim and Jimbo are buying the 69%. Jassim has said he also wants the other 31%, Jimbo has said nothing on that subject.

Infra-red

Apart from fan riots, pissing off Billionaires, and losing credibility throughout the business world, it could very well get them in legal trouble with the SEC.

That's pure market manipulation if this was all a show to raise the stock price. Especially after the average price in 2022 was at a 10 year low.
No chance. They were clear from the outset in every public pronouncement that this process would not necessarily end in a sale and that they were exploring all options including minority investment. They will have no problems with the SEC.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I’ve read this 10 times, still no clue what your point is.

You said ”according to Simon Stone”, I replied that he was proven just last night to be utterly unreliable on this subject.
Because he got given a bad brief that means he’s full of shit?

Things obviously just changed very last minute

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If the Qatar bid doesn’t win it will always be a ‘what if’ moment for me

Our future with them is cemented at the top of football with funds to compete with anybody and a stadium that can be among the best in Europe
100%! The moral postulating is just so shallow.

RyRy11

Very skeptical about this Thomas Zilliacus. His net worth is not known and he's not listed on forbes list of Finnish Billionaires so we can assume he probably isn't cash wealthy. Can't find any details about these groups listed such as "novaM group" or "XXI Century Capital". All seems too shady to me.

Regardless if he wants to buy the club, he's more than likely to do it by borrowing as he won't be able to drum up the funds in time, therefore we are straight back into the same issues with SJR. Just sounds like he's trying to drum up interest in an app he's making.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
The ultra rich lie, cheat and steal to get what they want. Maybe folks are more sensitive to issues surrounding Qatar now. It's a bit harder to wrap your head around but Radcliffe is a generational recipient of success on the backs of English slavery and colonialism. In an anachronistic way there isn't a lot between them in that regard.
Thanks for that, I needed a laugh.

Try the Current Events section, it would get a better reception there. ;)

MiamiSpartan

No chance. They were clear from the outset in every public pronouncement that this process would not necessarily end in a sale and that they were exploring all options including minority investment. They will have no problems with the SEC.
Right, on the surface of their official statement. But I was referencing the Guardian article that said they were doing this to raise the value for a leveraged loan. If that's the case (and can be proven as the intent), surely that is market manipulation, no?

Infra-red

Right, on the surface of their official statement. But I was referencing the Guardian article that said they were doing this to raise the value for a leveraged loan. If that's the case (and can be proven as the intent), surely that is market manipulation, no?
The bolded part is why they won't have any problems with the SEC - there's no way you could make that stick. They themselves might be a bit dim, but the lawyers they have working for them (the same ones who will have drafted their statement in November) will not be - they are covered, whatever happens now.

JagUTD

Probably, but if someone from Oldham can make £20, then even that's proof anyone can make it :lol:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Wonder how ETH feels about that?
-There’s only room for one sexy bald guy at this club!
-What about Mitchell?
-Oh yeah. My wing man. ok then, 2. There’s only room for 2 handsome bald dudes. Clear.
-Erm, Erik…
-What?
-Richard Hartis is still on the staff.
-feck. Ok. 3 distinguished bald men but that’s it. heh
-There’s Mick Phelan too.
-Are you kidding me right now? Is he still here? How many more?
-Well it’s kinda a fuzzy picture i’m looking at :nervous:but Benni McCarthy, Kevin Keij and Paul Brand all look potentially bald. Obviously the Glazers are bald too.
-feck them, they are never here anyway…. You know what? feck it, tell him to come join the party!!! :rolleyes::lol:

MiamiSpartan

The bolded part is why they won't have any problems with the SEC - there's no way you could make that stick. They themselves might be a bit dim, but the lawyers they have working for them (the same ones who will have drafted their statement in November) will not be - they are covered, whatever happens now.
That's what whistle-blowers are for. :-)

I agree they aren't going to have easily accessible proof of intent. But companies that commit financial crimes often don't and still get busted.

Having said that, I think that's all a moot point and was just speculating, because I think they absolutely are selling and have always intended to sell. The rest is just negotiation. They've sucked us dry.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Anyone else getting very strong ‘bullshit merchant’ vibes from this Finnish bloke?
In fairness to the Finnish fella…I think that’s become the default position for many on here towards non-state bids.

I’d say only a Vatican bid would buck that.

Last edited:

JagUTD

With a name like Zilliacus surely it stands to reason he's the world's first zillionaire.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Let’s all send hateful letters to these Elliot. Feels like Glazer takeover again with these greedy cnuts

Status
Not open for further replies.