Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelinho87

Just watched the Streford Paddock interview with Kieran Maguire - quite interesting and he reckons whoever it is will look to be in place by the end of the season with a view on the summer window.

croadyman

Just watched the Streford Paddock interview with Kieran Maguire - quite interesting and he reckons whoever it is will look to be in place by the end of the season with a view on the summer window.
Which interested parties did he think are genuine

prateik

Yeah.. cant see Apple buying united.. would be very weird.. not something I'd expect them to do.

Mukesh bhai is probably our best hope.

Telsim

It's completely out of the realm of possibility, but walk me through the thought process. Let's say Tim Cook is interested, how would Luckhurst even hear about it?

Is Luckhurst based in Palo Alto and has a good line into Apple HQ? Based in Florida and heard it at the Glazers' gulf club? In New York at some boardroom where financial and legal advisers are hashing it out?

No, he's a grifter based in rainy Manchester and is so completely removed from anything going on.
He gets info from sources in and around the club, not from Apple themselves. Apple contact the club, people start talking about it inside the club, someone down the vine tells Luckhurst.

That being said, I agree with you. No way this is real.

croadyman

Yeah.. cant see Apple buying united.. would be very weird.. not something I'd expect them to do.

Mukesh bhai is probably our best hope.
I like the idea of Zara guy despite his age,clearly wants a long lasting legacy for family

TheReligion

Abusive
It's completely out of the realm of possibility, but walk me through the thought process. Let's say Tim Cook is interested, how would Luckhurst even hear about it?

Is Luckhurst based in Palo Alto and has a good line into Apple HQ? Based in Florida and heard it at the Glazers' gulf club? In New York at some boardroom where financial and legal advisers are hashing it out?

No, he's a grifter based in rainy Manchester and is so completely removed from anything going on.
I’m sure he knows people who know people etc

That’s how reporters work. They don’t have to be based at the location themselves to get their bits of information.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

He has sources in the club. He was first to link us with Varane in around March 2021.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Apple has almost $200bn cash on hand. Of course buying United does look odd but it's not like they could not easily do that for marketing reasons. Microsoft are paying $70bn+ to acquire Activision Blizzard, $5bn looks pale in comparison... BTW can't Microsoft buy us and put us on Game Pass?

Utd7

With Liverpool also on the market, we can’t afford BOTH our biggest rivals to be owned by the Middle East with unlimited wealth. Imagine if Liverpool get bought by the UAE to compete with City and we’re stuck with a profit focused owner?

Suedesi

He gets info from sources in and around the club, not from Apple themselves. Apple contact the club, people start talking about it inside the club, someone down the vine tells Luckhurst.

That being said, I agree with you. No way this is real.
So in the hypothetical situation that Apple are interested, why would they contact the club?
They would simply ring up the Glazers and their advisers would draw up an agreement.
No one at the club would have a clue - certainly not anyone that Luckhurst would have access to.

It's so fecking stupid - this shit needs to stop

Coops73

Direct to fans streaming ie MUTV. That's a gold mine, when the content delivery, gets more fragmented. They are already offering a match on MUTV less than 24hrs after its played.
Ok fair enough but like I said everything I’m seeing seems to be quoting the Star, when has anything factual ever come out of that rag?

prateik

Apple has almost $200bn cash on hand. Of course buying United does look odd but it's not like they could not easily do that for marketing reasons. Microsoft are paying $70bn+ to acquire Activision Blizzard, $5bn looks pale in comparison... BTW can't Microsoft buy us and put us on Game Pass?
Money isnt the issue.. Activision would be in line with what Microsoft do.. it would give them an edge over Sony as well ..
United has nothing to do with Apple.. would be quite the pivot.. wouldnt mind it.. I would trust Apple to do things well.. just cant see it happening.

Fully Fledged

Someone bought a feck tonne of contracts before the news broke, 1 contract is equal to 100 shares. They made 1000% on everyone they bought, millionarie status basiclly. In other words, someone knew this was about to happen.
Surely they'll go to jail for insider trading if that's true.

prateik

Worth around $95bn apparently
He's filthy rich.. and more importantly, has invested in sports teams.. Owns Mumbai Indians in the IPL. No clue if he is looking at a football club, but if he does buy a club, he'll do much better than the Glazers..

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
which means apple buying United would rule them out of showing epl games.
Alot of things had changed since then. The most important of all is that none of the media companies has exclusive rights on games anymore. That might be a game changer. For example Berlusconi owned both Milan FC and Mediaset (who showed serie A football)

Also note that at the time the UK was an EU member as well.

TheReligion

Abusive
So in the hypothetical situation that Apple are interested, why would they contact the club?
They would simply ring up the Glazers and their advisers would draw up an agreement.
No one at the club would have a clue - certainly not anyone that Luckhurst would have access to.

It's so fecking stupid - this shit needs to stop
You really have no idea how the world of journalism works it seems!

I’m loving my life

Liverpool and City fans will throw their iPhones in the Mersey/Ship Canal respectively
Liverpool fans might take a chunk out of their revenue, but only the really old cheap models-to be honest it might be a new selling point ‘your Applis less likely to be stolen now’

City fans…will that make any impact at all, given their diminutive numbers?

I can see this being win win for Apple

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Hopefully Google purchase Liverpool and they get bored and shut them down in 18 months like they do with most of their ventures.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Convinced this is happening quickly. Ducker said yesterday whilst thought unlikely formal offers can’t be ruled out before Christmas. Shit has been happening in the background for months.

Also convinced myself that apple does somewhat make sense for them except for the fact we don’t own the rights to our own media deals. They couldn’t just stream our games exclusively - that’s what the traditional big 6 have wanted for years - ability to negotiate their own media deals - but it’s been blocked by the EPL.

croadyman

As long as he bids enough that is largely irrelevant.
I worry that he couldn't compete when it could take £10bn to sort us when everything is said and done (worth around $13bn) whereas it's a mere drop in ocean for guys like Ambani/Ortega

Status
Not open for further replies.