Glazers ideal manager

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Is it a ‘yes man’ whom will pander to the owners and defend them in public?

Is it a manager like Conte, whom will bitch and moan, but whom will also get them results, but whom will not have a problem in leaving, just as he did at Inter?

I’ve seen some posts that Glazers just want a guy who will toe the party line and who will be happy that he’s been given the opportunity — I’m not sure on that — I think the Glazers care about money and that they’re pretty flexible.

As much as I dislike them, I think they want the best coach Manchester United can get as the more successful we are the more more money they get.

What are your thoughts on this caftards, if any?

Skills

Snitch
The Glazers are passive owners. They'd rather just have the club run without any of their input.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Any manager I want doesn’t just go out and buy Ronaldo or Falcao or Sanchez or whoever. We need to find aggressive up and coming players who fully buy into it. We aren’t getting value for money at all with these superstars and our system. I don’t think any progressive manager who wants to control games and press will be able to use Pogba and Bruno in the same lineup either. I’m thinking of a young modern thinking aggressive manager who will cut and pacify big names while we get something more suitable for the long term. I just don’t see anyone out there anymore.

Paxi

The Glazers are passive owners. They'd rather just have the club run without any of their input.
I’m not entirely sure on that. Joel Glazer signs off on everything apart from coaching side apparently. Not exactly passive imo.

Paxi

The one who would win a trophy and give the owners a breathing space.
Yeah Sir Alex was of course the ideal manager but I’m not sure they fully appreciated him. To be fair I’m not sure all United fans did either.

Carolina Red

Staff
The one who would win a trophy and give the owners a breathing space.
It took them until their 5th guy and a whole decade before they hired Bruce Arians at Tampa Bay, brought in Brady, and won the Super Bowl. In that decade, they had 3 winning seasons, including last year’s Super Bowl win.

Do with that info what you will.

Flytan

They'd love a manager who would win a trophy or two and otherwise act exactly as Ole/SAF did. As far as I know SAF never really criticized them right? Their ideal world is to just keep increasing the value of United while also stealing those dividends every year while drawing as little attention as possible.

That's why I want Conte so badly. Even if he went scorched earth he isn't like Mourinho. He'd actually trash the owners/board on his way out. Mourinho keeps quiet for that extra money. Plus I don't think Conte leaves clubs in bad positions, Chelsea won the UCL 2 years after he was gone, Juve kept winning, and Inter's owners had to give up.

Sviken

A manager that will not complain about the incompetent management, will spend very little and deliver success. In short, the perfect manager. They had that in Sir Alex, but it's time to get back down to Earth. No more having the cake and eating it for United.

Sviken

It took them until their 5th guy and a whole decade before they hired Bruce Arians at Tampa Bay, brought in Brady, and won the Super Bowl. In that decade, they had 3 winning seasons, including last year’s Super Bowl win.

They basically lucked out with Brady the same way they lucked out with Sir Alex. Once Brady leaves Tampa will go back to what they were before him. They're utterly incompetent. And we're an even worse position than the Bucs because they care even less about football than the NFL. All they want from United is the dividends. As long as the club remains top 4, they'lll be content. But that in itself is a slippery slope as we've seen from Liverpool (in the past) and Arsenal.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

How heavily involved are they with the Bucs? My understanding is that their GM (Jason Licht, their equivalent of Woodward) is the one calling all the shots.

Paxi

I’m not sure what that means at all. Are they trigger happy as NFL owners or?

Carolina Red

Staff
How heavily involved are they with the Bucs? My understanding is that their GM (Jason Licht, their equivalent of Woodward) is the one calling all the shots.
Malcolm did a lot early on in his ownership of the team. New stadium was built, got a HOF coach in, made them profitable from near bankruptcy, etc. His sons haven’t seemed near as active in the he was.

Carolina Red

Staff
I’m not sure what that means at all. Are they trigger happy as NFL owners or?
Since the sons took over, they’ve been generally very poor at identifying the right guy to lead the franchise. Malcolm had Tony Dungy from 1996 to 2001 and they were good, then he got Jon Gruden from 2002 to 2008 and they won a super bowl. This is the first that Tampa Bay has been good since Malcolm stepped down.

I don’t think the Glazer sons know what their ideal manager is.

redrobed

Someone who continues to allow them to invest nothing in the playing squad. That’s it. Ole hasn’t called them out once on their lack of spending on players so expect him to be fine.

Enigma_87

You know who

Just as a footnote - this is their success in a game they know and understand.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This is a publicly-traded company. They wish to keep it steady ship in having the manager their yes man. It helps with the image and market identity. The club's market identity is worth a whole lot more to the glazers than the on-field performances. CLub's market identity is what they enjoy the profits off with all the sponsorship money.

marktan

They'll bring in a big name, it's the next step on their managerial merry go-around. Moyes, the lower key name that may build a strong team over time like at Everton. Van Gaal, the big name. Mourinho, the big name. Ole, a more like-able Moyes.

I'm 99% sure it'll be Conte or Zidane next. And it'll be a mistake. They're good managers, but unlike at Real or Inter the competition here is far greater. Conte will demand hundreds of millions to play shit football, and Zidane's only ever had one of the best squads ever at his disposal. Who knows how he'll be with our team.

The smart thing to do, and what smart owners do, is hire someone who'll build a team over time, plays good football, is a good tactician and a coach. Someone like Graham Potter. Brighton play great football and have built a very good squad for their budget. We need to sign the next Klopp, not continuously go after big names and hope something sticks. Look at all the relevant metrics and make the best pick. But it won't happen with the Glazers, all they see is the money, like the parasites they are, there's been very little intellect from them in the 15 years or so they've been here.

Carolina Red

Staff
I'm 99% sure it'll be Conte or Zidane next. And it'll be a mistake. They're good managers, but unlike at Real or Inter the competition here is far greater. Conte will demand hundreds of millions to play shit football
Conte won the Premier League…

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
They'll bring in a big name, it's the next step on their managerial merry go-around. Moyes, the lower key name that may build a strong team over time like at Everton. Van Gaal, the big name. Mourinho, the big name. Ole, a more like-able Moyes.

I'm 99% sure it'll be Conte or Zidane next. And it'll be a mistake. They're good managers, but unlike at Real or Inter the competition here is far greater. Conte will demand hundreds of millions to play shit football, and Zidane's only ever had one of the best squads ever at his disposal. Who knows how he'll be with our team.

The smart thing to do, and what smart owners do, is hire someone who'll build a team over time, plays good football, is a good tactician and a coach. Someone like Graham Potter. Brighton play great football and have built a very good squad for their budget. We need to sign the next Klopp, not continuously go after big names and hope something sticks. Look at all the relevant metrics and make the best pick. But it won't happen with the Glazers, all they see is the money, like the parasites they are, there's been very little intellect from them in the 15 years or so they've been here.
Hopefully Murtough and Fletcher can better see what we need. Wing play, Work rate etc. I’m sure just like players you can find an ideal young innovative manager through statistics. Conte would be a fecking disaster. Zidane is not the next pep. I would have liked one of the German wonderkid managers.

Abraxas

I don't think it's anything to do with wanting yes men. I've no idea where it comes from. Are Louis van Gaal or Jose Mourinho yes men? It's hard to think of two personalities that are further removed. It's a rather lame and weak argument concocted from nowhere.

Also the idea they want somebody happy to do it on a shoe string is pure nonsense. We have spent loads of money and continue to do so. We've invested fortunes in managers and paid fortunes to pay them off. They've spent the money, the club's money. It's the return that is the issue.

I'd say they're not sure exactly what they want except somebody good. They're not football men, they've not always had great football men close to them to advise and they've been rather absent in which case it is hard to simply become knowledgeable. I think they partly rely on the advice they get. These things can actually be deduced whereas them wanting a puppet in charge is far removed from the evidence. They should probably be criticised for the correct things.

Last edited:

hobbers

The Glazers don't care who the manager is or when we sack them. They defer these decisions to Woodward and Arnold.

croadyman

Someone totally inexperienced along with cheap, cheerful and just happy to be their puppet

Red_toad

Probably someone like Brentford manager, someone who can get a lot out of very little.
That’s what we need a manager with a plan, but give them freedom to remove players who don’t fit it. We have numerous players on massive contracts who can’t do Ole ball, shame is Ole either bought them or continues to try and make them work.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Klopp or Guardiola would be the Glazers' ideal manager.
Klopp yes, Guardiola no.

It's a fecking shambles that we didn't get Klopp before Liverpool. Everything about him screamed Utd manager - and before people say he's the perfect Liverpool boss, I hate to break it to you, we are very similar clubs.

The fact that they were able to attract him whilst in a worse position to us also shows just how inept our board was/is at running the club.

Snuffkin

the club is making money, as long as there are no protests, Ole will keep his job

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Many say Ole. In many ways they are right. He never complains, he's a club legend which means that most lemmings will simply cheer him up no matter what and he's all smiles and giggles. However while I do see the advantages of them having Ole around there's one key flaw to that argument. Ole has spent 441m. That include a CB whose neither particularly fast nor particularly good, a 50m RB who feels as comfortably attacking as a Donald Trump would feel in a Black Lives matters protest and 70m on yet another flop from Dortmund. That bill is far too salty for a top 4 position. To make matters worse, whenever things go wrong, he's never too blame. Top reds and his mates in the media will rebut any criticism by asking why we haven't spent another 200m on Harry Kane and Declan Rice. Meanwhile he simply refuse to try to sort issues by playing kids (apart from Greenwood) or players he doesn't fancy. Which means that United are stripped from sorting issues cheaply (ex by promoting a kid or by buying a bargain)

Ole is neither SAF nor even a Wenger. Top 4 place comes at a very high price with this guy around.

LARulz

It was Ole but not now. They want a manager who is just going to win things without breaking the bank everytime. Klopp would have been

It's not Ole, not just cos he isn't winning but because we are still talking about the Glazers. Their ideal scenario is where their name is not even mentioned. If Ole was winning trophies there would be less mentioning of them. They know the longer they keep him the worse it will be for them because as a business we will be losing money. It's why I feel fairly confident they will get rid of Ole sooner rather than later

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Say what you want about Conte but he has aggressiveness, is smart tactically and he's a winner. He also doesn't take shit from players no matter your reputation. I wouldn't mind Ten haag, Zidane or even Potter but I do feel Conte has a lot of qualities we are lacking.

AndySmith1990

Solskjaer is their perfect manager. A nice and timid guy who won't rock the boat, is a former player and club legend and thus match going fans will never turn on him, and overall an ideal patsy to achieve the bare minimum and allow those rotten owners to continue pocketing their excessive dividends.