Glazers ideal manager

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I see this ridiculous notion that the Glazers don't care about winning is still being peddled.

padzilla

Hipster
They have their perfect manager - someone so unqualified to get the job they will never rock the boat and will toe the party line and, because of their connection to the club and nice guy persona, won't come under the deserved scrutiny from fans and former players.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
As much as I hate saying it, it would be Sir Alex.
Getting the best out of average players, winning things left and right with or without restricted budgets.

Von Mistelroum

Causes as little fuss as possible
Appeases fans
Doesn’t ask for too much
Manages to get top 4 for financial reasons

DreadnoughtRS88

What worries me is that our next manager will probably be Southgate. His press conferences are perfect for a PR-focused club which doesn't care about progressive football or trophies. Until we get rid of the Glazers, we are going nowhere. Ole is a parody of a football manager, but will never have a go at the owners and will never publicly say how decrepit the club is on a football front behind the curtain.

tomaldinho1

Whisper it round here but Glazers have not been what’s stopping us from winning trophies. We’ve spent enough under 3 separate managers, when Ole is replaced I have no doubt we’ll do the same again under a 4th.

This forum bemuses me, it’s like we’re so scarred from Mou’s 6month meltdown we’ve completely lost touch with the reality of our situation; we’re a huge club, we can compete for major honours, we have depth and so many players who were apparently ‘world class’ before they came here are still here. We’ve made 4 bad managerial appointments post SAF, we’ve literally never hired a progressive attacking manager. Why are we surprised we’ve been boring and basic in the years since?

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
What worries me is that our next manager will probably be Southgate. His press conferences are perfect for a PR-focused club which doesn't care about progressive football or trophies. Until we get rid of the Glazers, we are going nowhere. Ole is a parody of a football manager, but will never have a go at the owners and will never publicly say how decrepit the club is on a football front behind the curtain.
If they hire Southgate im done with this club until they sell. (if)

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Klopp.

Can make the hard working work. (McFred maybe even Bruno and VDB or Lingard etc)

Not really about wonderful technical ability apart some few players out wide (Rashford, Greenwood, Shaw Laird might be the TAA)

Basically sold one player for 120 million and helped build his club mostly from that.

Felt that he could do that here by selling Pogba + Lukaku earlier on during his time here and getting some money and spreading that moooooney across.

I don't think the Liverpool owners are that great either.

OrcaFat

Someone with the personality of Ole and the win record of SAF. Probably winning is no.1 and line-toeing is no.2. Stability would be important as the Board don’t want the uncertainty of, say, a Conte.

I doubt they would look at managers they think will speak out against them which I think would include Poch who spent at least 12 months moaning about Spurs’ ambition not matching his own.

Probably they would prefer a proven PL manager. Klopp and Pep are out, for now. (But Pep is going to take a break soon, is there any way he could come here eventually?)

Someone in another thread mentioned Mancini. I think he might be a decent fit. Pretty classy bloke. Good record in PL. International pedigree.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Conte won the Premier League…
And then got sacked the following year because he lost his ****. Same thing just happened at Inter. Won league and then lost it at senior execs.

Sound like someone the Glazers will want?

Pickle85

Have a word with yourself ffs...we finished second last season. I don't think Ole is the answer, never have, but this is OTT and thoroughly disrespectful to a United legend and a good man.

DreadnoughtRS88

Have a word with yourself ffs...we finished second last season. I don't think Ole is the answer, never have, but this is OTT and thoroughly disrespectful to a United legend and a good man.
By saying that Ole is a parody of a football manager, I have not questioned the facts that he's a United legend and probably a decent man. This is basic logic. He's a parody of a manager, a very Brentish character who should never have been anywhere near managing us. That we finished second only shows it was a freakish season and that we have a lot of quality players, which people seem to forget and are then settling for top 4 and a decent cup run.