Glazers selling a significant amount of shares

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I don't get it. He's selling shares that are registered to him not the club. Why would the club get any proceeds? This is Ducker trying to cause unrest among United fans, conveniently after a relatively poor result.
I can't be mad at him for it, the Glazers have avoided a lot of media criticism over the years. F*ck them anyway.

MDFC Manager

I don't get it. He's selling shares that are registered to him not the club. Why would the club get any proceeds? This is Ducker trying to cause unrest among United fans, conveniently after a relatively poor result.
Exactly. That Ducker had to actually reach out to the club to find out the obvious is utterly bizarre as well.

Lappen

People don't seem to grasp this.

Man utd is a business like tesco is.

The only 2 teams that have owners pumping in money is city and psg via inflated deals.
According to swiss rumble there are quite a few moore... but of course, depend on what pumping in money is. On there list you need to look a bit down the list to find us.

Andersonson

US major sports franchises are self sufficient salary capped businesses which post yearly profits. $0 have been taken from Manchester United to fund Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
No need for logic in this thread! Its about the Glazers, so everything must be looked at the worst possible way

arnie_ni

According to swiss rumble there are quite a few moore... but of course, depend on what pumping in money is. On there list you need to look a bit down the list to find us.
Yea there's a difference between pumping money in and investing money that you'll take back at some point as you pointed out there :lol:

arnie_ni

Pretty sure that half the premier league teams have had cash injections from their owners. Everton / chelsea have had big inflows. Man Utd is the worst in terms of investment - most money has been taken out on a net basis
There's cash injections which can be standard, then there's psg and City.

Most companies would never see money invested by the owners unless absolutely required like at the start before the begin generating their own cash.

If a business is relying on investment from their owners to ensure sufficient cash to operate, its generally in trouble.

United don't need investment from their owners so people criticising lack of investment is mis placed.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
So all the "kids" had 13.3% stake each? And if his 3.1% was worth £71m they each have a little under £305m each in the club? (Obviously fluctuates) - Jesus their daddy done them well.

redrobed

No - we generate our own revenue - we just need someone who’s not going to bleed the club dry and spend the revenue we generate on the club. When we can match the spending of the oil clubs - the Citys, the Chelseas, the Liverpools, then we can start matching them in competition

ATXRedDevil

Guys, this is an underwritten secondary offering done as a block trade/bought deal. JPM is the underwriter and will buy the shares and turn around and sell them. He’s not selling to a single investor with long term ownership aspirations. This is a standard way that significant stockholders of public companies sell equity to raise capital. Sometimes it’s because they’re exiting the business, sometimes it’s because the stock appreciated and they want some cash. This is the latter.

for those interested, here’s the offering prospectus. I draft these for a living (and am actually drafting one right now for another public company) and can tell you this means nothing for long term ownership.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/0001549107/000110465921035115/tm219125-2_424b7.htm#sSESH

ATXRedDevil

Exactly. This is standard disclosure for every secondary offering and is in the prospectus and the press release (use of proceeds is required disclosure under sec regulations).
Exactly. That Ducker had to actually reach out to the club to find out the obvious is utterly bizarre as well.
See above. He didn’t have to reach out. He copied required and customary disclosure that’s in the offering documents/the launch press release (as it is in every single secondary offering documents) and used it as a means to stir angst.

Skills

Snitch
So apart from the $192 million they bought the Buccanneers for they haven't invested any of their own personal wealth into the club at all?
What would they spend it on? T
NFL franchises are even more profitable than the richest European football clubs.

The salary caps and no transfer fees keep expenditure capped. States will fund their stadium/infrastructure upgrades.

Coops73

Guys, this is an underwritten secondary offering done as a block trade/bought deal. JPM is the underwriter and will buy the shares and turn around and sell them. He’s not selling to a single investor with long term ownership aspirations. This is a standard way that significant stockholders of public companies sell equity to raise capital. Sometimes it’s because they’re exiting the business, sometimes it’s because the stock appreciated and they want some cash. This is the latter.

for those interested, here’s the offering prospectus. I draft these for a living (and am actually drafting one right now for another public company) and can tell you this means nothing for long term ownership.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/0001549107/000110465921035115/tm219125-2_424b7.htm#sSESH
Well Friday was just starting to look all rosey and then you come along and piss on everyone’s chips. Thanks a lot :rolleyes:

MDFC Manager

See above. He didn’t have to reach out. He copied required and customary disclosure that’s in the offering documents/the launch press release (as it is in every single secondary offering documents) and used it as a means to stir
No I don't mean the disclosure. Shit stirrer Ducker (apparently) reached out to the club to find out if any part of the sale proceeds got transferred to the club accounts, and got the obvious reply.

croadyman

Why did Fergie ever have to get into that bloody row with Magnier & McManus which opened the door to these absolute yankee leech scumbags to take over this club

rollingstoned1

Didn't papa Glazer die a few years ago? It could be that the kids don't want that much to do with United long term which is not unheard of in such wealthy families, selling shares is a way to leave the option for an exit on the table. The odds of anyone buying the club by paying a billion if not more are admittedly quite slim so is it possible we will go back to the PLC days eventually?

People don't seem to grasp this.

Man utd is a business like tesco is.

The only 2 teams that have owners pumping in money is city and psg via inflated deals.
there is a great deal of financial illiteracy from fans when trying to understand football business.

we are in 2021, and some fans still think owners should be propping up clubs by injecting more and more of their own money into a club.

This isn't a play thing for the rich and famous.

ATXRedDevil

No I don't mean the disclosure. Shit stirrer Ducker (apparently) reached out to the club to find out if any part of the sale proceeds got transferred to the club accounts, and got the obvious reply.
I guess I didn’t get that from just the tweet. I thought when he said they “confirmed” he was referring to the launch press release. I don’t know why anyone would have to “reach out” to confirm a statement made in the offering prospectus (literally the second sentence https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/0001549107/000110465921035115/tm219125-2_424b7.htm#sSESH) and in a press release (https://ir.manutd.com/press-releases.aspx). If he did he’s an absolute moron to reach out to confirm that a huge public company just committed securities fraud.

“We will not receive any proceeds from the sale of the Class A ordinary shares by the selling shareholder.“

MDFC Manager

I guess I didn’t get that from just the tweet. I thought when he said they “confirmed” he was referring to the launch press release. I don’t know why anyone would have to “reach out” to confirm a statement made in the offering prospectus (literally the second sentence https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/0001549107/000110465921035115/tm219125-2_424b7.htm#sSESH) and in a press release (https://ir.manutd.com/press-releases.aspx). If he did he’s an absolute moron to reach out to confirm that a huge public company just committed securities fraud.

“We will not receive any proceeds from the sale of the Class A ordinary shares by the selling shareholder.“
Yup, exactly. Especially when he adds "Another two fingers up to fans"

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Some people don't half post a lot of bollocks about things they know nothing about.

And that cnut Ducker is a fecking disgrace, shit stirring twat.
I'm sorry but this sounds like you're defending the Glazers a bit here.

They have lumbered us with 500m debt and we've lost over a billion now in interest since 2005. So that's over 1.5bn. we didn't have a penny of debt the day before they took over.

They are scum. End of. The club is finished until they go.

oz insomniac

So the Glazers sell shares that they didn’t have to buy in the first place as they were financed by the genius Woodward in the financial purchase by them against the value of the Man Utd name .

As much as we sneer at Abramovic , he actually puts his own money into Chelsea to improve it, as does unfortunately the Sheikh. What do we have , a dividend and share scheme where no money was put up and the owners keep taking money with no similar investment. Yes, I guess transfer payments were authorised and poorly spent by their financier they put there as CEO, but their lack of interest in Man Utd compared with their NFL ownership is disastrous.

Nothing will change as they seem intent on leeching money from Utd and investing more in their real sporting endeavour, sucks actually.

MDFC Manager

Nothing will change as they seem intent on leeching money from Utd and investing more in their real sporting endeavour, sucks actually.
There's literally no evidence of this whatsoever. Sure, they're lining their pockets but let's not create fictitious scenarios.

Hammondo

No - we generate our own revenue - we just need someone who’s not going to bleed the club dry and spend the revenue we generate on the club. When we can match the spending of the oil clubs - the Citys, the Chelseas, the Liverpools, then we can start matching them in competition
We already do match their spending.

arnie_ni

We do match them.

We've just spent poorly

arnie_ni

They have lumbered us with 500m debt and we've lost over a billion now in interest since 2005. So that's over 1.5bn. we didn't have a penny of debt the day before they took over.

He doesn't need to defend them.

It's their shares to sell. They don't belong to United.

MU655

We already outspend all but City, though.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Well that isn’t true at all. Chelsea made a huge loss only last year.
Not sure where you are getting your information, but you might want to check it.

The group turnover figure fell to £407.4m from £446.7m the previous year due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic which impacted all revenue streams of the Group. Despite the fall in revenue, the Group recorded a profit of £32.5m for the year ended 30 June 2020, reflecting the Club’s qualification to the Champions League and profits made on a number of player sales during the 2020 financial year.
https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/12/31/chelsea-fc-financial-results

laughtersassassin

Would they eve just fecking leave. Ruined the club.

We don't have an ounce of ambition.

Every year is the same now. Talk about what we need. Get feck all and then wonder why the next season we need even more.

At most they give us one good summer every 3-4. They have no fecking interest in football at all.

Leveraged buyouts need to be banned. After happening to Burnley now too.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

I rest my case.

Cloud7

We match the spending of pretty much everyone in world football.