Glazers selling a significant amount of shares

BoulderDevil

Sneaky little cash in the night before Ronaldo's return. They know what they're doing, the scumbags.
Geez you’d think as much as you hate them you would want them to give up any amount of voting shares. You want to beg them to buy back their voting shares now do you?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Due to the Ronaldo transfer, shares have probably never been worth more. Smart business decision for them and they still hold the majority of the shares so doesn't make a massive difference anyway.

Giggs' right foot

Due to the Ronaldo transfer, shares have probably never been worth more. Smart business decision for them and they still hold the majority of the shares so doesn't make a massive difference anyway.
Where can one see the various shareholders and their % of shares?

Flying high

Flying high

Joel Glazer : I will personally pay the fines for the superleague and repairs to OT

A few moments later...
They are (unfortunately) his shares to sell though. If that means he's putting his own money into the club then he deserves a bit of credit. Not much, but it would be an improvement and a step toward repairing the damage he and his family have done.

Drainy

They are (unfortunately) his shares to sell though. If that means he's putting his own money into the club then he deserves a bit of credit. Not much, but it would be an improvement and a step toward repairing the damage he and his family have done.
Yeah, its still his money he would be putting in. He's just financing it by selling capital, but presumably the private equity firm will want a high ROI so commitment to future dividends which we'll all be paying towards as fans.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Anyone notice how fecked Carrington was during training videos?

Looks trashy as feck.

Zen86

I don’t see how this is a good thing. It’s basically inviting more vultures to the feast, and ones who probably give even less of a shit about the club.

Flying high

Why should it go to the club? The shares belongs to them.
Maybe because all they've done so far is take money from the club and their debt still hasn't been paid off. Of course, there's no legal obligation for him to put any money in.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I don’t see how this is a good thing. It’s basically inviting more vultures to the feast, and ones who probably give even less of a shit about the club.
Especially when they know Glazers will still be the face of United and held accountable by stakeholders.

Red For Ever

I'd love to own some of the club purely as a supporter, but as far as investment decision goes it's not a good investment. Shareprice has barely been above its current price in the 7/8 years since the PLC was re-listed. We're all in a very good position to judge whether it has potential for growth which most of us would agree it doesn't.

On another topic I wonder whether they're (the Glazers) more interested in the Buccanneers than United and that's what they keep taking the money out for. Basically, did United just fund a Super Bowl title?
I owned shares pre glazers. I did it so I owned a tiny part of the club, still have the framed share certificate.
I don’t know much about professional share dealing, but clearly not a smart investment strategy , but I was happy with my reasons and I did actually make a good profit.

All these years later I resent the fact I was forced to sell something I owned without any choice, as the rules permitted that. Again i know it’s not the thought process of professional dealers, but I knew that at the time.

Even if I understood share trading and knew what was doing, I wouldn’t buy shares in United for any reason while the Glazers have any involvement.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Geez you’d think as much as you hate them you would want them to give up any amount of voting shares. You want to beg them to buy back their voting shares now do you?
This selling of shares has little to no effect on Glazer's greasy grip on their Man Utd piggy Bank.

clarkydaz

Hearing elsewhere it's nowhere near the 13% voting mentioned in that article. Simply easy money in the pocket

Zen86

Especially when they know Glazers will still be the face of United and held accountable by stakeholders.
Yep. Worrying trend if true. The prospect of being owned by multiple faceless investment firms would be the worst scenario imaginable.

Deery

Dreary
Read Ariel Investments have £16b worth of assets, could this be the first steps in a takeover?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
These shares are part of what Glazers made it available.

choccy77

Weird time to buy shares after the value went up over £250m since R7 signed

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Weird time to buy shares after the value went up over £250m since R7 signed
No because it is their purchase of shares that has sent the price up - I assume they have buying for a while and it just has to be announced when they pass 5%

Cloud7

At some point these amounts being sold will add up, no? I imagine if they are still interested in the club, which they seem to be, then they'll want to maintain that controlling share, and at some point selling off these shares will stop?

Not that it seems to matter for the club really. Just seems like money in their pockets.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Calm down, folks. I am the one buying the shares. Not gonna be able to change vote on anything significant, just getting REALLY NICE season seats :)

wolvored

The weaker they get percentage wise in theory the stronger the chance they sell it all. The only downside to this is who will buy the bulk of the shares for a controlling interest? A genuine person(s) or conglomerate that wants the team to be successful, or another money making machine thats just after the bottom line?

Oranges038

Just saw this on ceefax.

Seems like a lot of money that won't be going to the club.

Tarrou

when I sell my shares I don't donate proceeds to the company, don't know about you lot

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I’m confused, why do people think that selling shares would ever result in money going to the club?
Probably a combination of 2 things: not understanding financing as well & hating the Glazers for all the money they’ve taken out of the club. So combine a story of the Glazers selling their own shares and pocketing the proceeds = reason to have a go at them!