Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Crustanoid

They’re really not bothered about what any of us think. I think this is part of their original plan

Flying high

If we don't find a way to get the Glazers out of our club quickly, then the stain of this decision will linger with the club. Remove them now, and it's their shame, not ours.

Let them continue to rule our club however they like, then the blame falls onto us as supporters.

Cut their funding. Now.

eire-red

The notion that this was negotiated without the knowledge of the players and the managers is just mind boggling.

People go to Old Trafford to watch football, not review United's financial statements. The new money that has come into the game has jeopardised its integrity.

United have a duty to shareholders as a publicy limited company, I get that, but to see a football club where it seems the number one priority is no longer football is just depressing.

Sneaky by the clubs as well, while there are no fans allowed. I can't even imagine the backlash.

Revan

Assumptionman
I suppose if you look at America moving franchises from one city to another to tap into bigger support it won't be long before the Glaziers try to move United to Shanghai
That is actually the only thing that worries me about the Super League. On the other hand, I think it would be very difficult to have a world league, cause of the insane travelling involved (and the jet lag), so we are probably safe.

vanrooney

Uefa and fifa are no ethical institutions - i think its hypocritical at its best to say the super league is all about money and the cl is for the fan? its not a fight between good and bad its a new system as the cl itself was a new system a few decades ago. the big difference is that some clubs will get more money while uefa - a corrupt body in itself - get less.

Crustanoid

The notion that this was negotiated without the knowledge of the players and the managers is just mind boggling.

People go to Old Trafford to watch football, not review United's financial statements. The new money that has come into the game has jeopardised its integrity.

United have a duty to shareholders as a publicy limited company, I get that, but to see a football club where it seems the number one priority is no longer football is just depressing.

Sneaky by the clubs as well, while there are no fans allowed. I can't even imagine the backlash.
Football has not been the priority at this club for a very long time.

The only purpose of the fans is to generate money for the Glazers

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
They’re really not bothered about what any of us think. I think this is part of their original plan
They cannot make money without fans watching and attending. And there is nothing to watch or attend if players go on strike. So, fans and players both have power here, in reality.

Greedy owners can only win if we all chicken out. Emperor has no cloths, these club owners have very little actual power, unless everybody turns out to be cowards

The Irish Connection

Get them out of football! Gary Neville and Beckham should get together with a few businessmen and the fans to buy the club after the rat leeches are ousted.

Lee565

Fans say they love this club but through blind loyalty they helping our owners destroy our club's identity.

This boils down to glazers not wanting to be ambitious on the pitch, they don't want to have to spend 100 million a season to just make sure they can get top 4 and go further than the champions league group stages so that they can take even tv and commercial sponsorship money out of the club and allow old trafford to continue crumble.

The Irish Connection

The likes of City and Psg are a big part of this too. Their inflation of the transfer market has put more pressure on the likes of us and Liverpool to spend big (from income generated by our fan base) to compete, like the fans demand. The glazers want to comfortably collect their 100m per year so they can continue to leech dividends and debt repayments while signing the odd flashy player to appease fans.
This confirms they were always only interested in getting top 4.
The sooner they are gone from football the better.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Really?
Yes of course it will get the 'Disney World/3-Ringed Circus' treatment, but if the clubs are just cut free from competitive arenas where is the staying power?

The PL succeeded because it was competitive as a league as numerous clubs have shown.
Films about football, i.e. the 'Roy of the Rovers' stuff only was successful because there was a 'real life' competitive backcloth.
Mind you scanning the TV schedules lately and watching the dross over multiple channels.... maybe you have a point!! :rolleyes:
Disney+ is a good example to be honest. Took all their content from all the other streaming sites and made their own then you have to subscribe or hope that they sell the rights to whoever you stream with. Suddenly they release their MCU and Star Wars stuff on disney+ only and boom they are suddenly in great business.

The protests, the negativity will give Super League so much popularity and media time that everyone will be desperate to see it fail and end up supporting it by accident as the average fan just wants watch football during the week!

chromepaxos

What a crap slogan. You have to have money to make a football club, the men who founded Newton Heath were not poor.
This is a terrible way to view this.

You are basically saying that the only founders of Newton Heath worthy of notice were the bankers and businessmen, not the players and workers who supported them.

Newton Heath was formed by a bunch of mates in the Carriage And Wagon department of the Lancashire Railway to play in a works league. Do you think they were rich?

oreon

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't a 100 % hate it. At the moment I wouldn't support it for two reasons. The relegation, every member should be able to be relegated there should be no permanent members. And two, the revenue sharing should be the same as it is with UCL. A significant part of the revenue should flow down to the lower leagues.
But I find it rich that UEFA and FIFA have the balls to criticize this because of the 'fans'. They are the 2 most corrupt organizations. They are just mad because they are not getting slice of the pie.
These two so called gatekeepers of football. What have they done to protect clubs against bad owners, inflated transfer fees , inflated agent fees, increased financial disparity between smaller clubs and bigger ones. What about competition. The bundesliga and ligue 1 is a one team league. La Liga is a 3 team league. The italian league finally became competitive.
What about the players ? If you are an international player, you are play way too many games. Instead of lightening the load, UEFA adds the dumb 'National league'. And FIFA is thinking the same thing about a global national league. And lets talk about the Qatar world cup. People are dying from building the stadiums. They are screwing over the national league schedule to host this.

Not saying the super clubs are right. They also doing this for the money. But we are here because UEFA/FIFA have done nothing to protect football. They have only cared about the money. Now the super clubs what more for themselves. UEFA is getting what it deserves

Reactions: Cheimoon

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
You know the club getting more money is actually a good thing for us. A smaller Super League where the good teams play more often is also good if you ask me. And sticking it to the corrupt UEFA and FIFA is great. There couldn't be a more corrupt and greedy organisation that FIFA, but UEFA runs them close.

The problem is the lack or relegation. That is utterly toxic

Flying high

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't a 100 % hate it. At the moment I wouldn't support it for two reasons. The relegation, every member should be able to be relegated there should be no permanent members. And two, the revenue sharing should be the same as it is with UCL. A significant part of the revenue should flow down to the lower leagues.
But I find it rich that UEFA and FIFA have the balls to criticize this because of the 'fans'. They are the 2 most corrupt organizations. They are just mad because they are not getting slice of the pie.
These two so called gatekeepers of football. What have they done to protect clubs against bad owners, inflated transfer fees , inflated agent fees, increased financial disparity between smaller clubs and bigger ones. What about competition. The bundesliga and ligue 1 is a one team league. La Liga is a 3 team league. The italian league finally became competitive.
What about the players ? If you are an international player, you are play way too many games. Instead of lightening the load, UEFA adds the dumb 'National league'. And FIFA is thinking the same thing about a global national league. And lets talk about the Qatar world cup. People are dying from building the stadiums. They are screwing over the national league schedule to host this.

Not saying the super clubs are right. They also doing this for the money. But we are here because UEFA/FIFA have done nothing to protect football. They have only cared about the money. Now the super clubs what more for themselves. UEFA is getting what it deserves
It's not 100% worse than the CL. In fact, with the new CL setup it's almost exactly the same as the new proposal. Everyone else, as far as I can tell, is mostly angry about the 2 issues you highlight.

Nobody is saying 'UEFA are doing a fine job, I back them!', but this is a step too far that even UEFA have resisted.

Dookingham United

Just for those of you who don't feel you are being heard on this issue.

Gross mismanagement. I don't believe they are sinister but they clearly don't have the competence to bring footballing success.

Of course one hopes what follows isnt worse, but you never know with the bad karma coming our way. But ultimately one cannot logically assume that things will improve with ownership and management staying the same.
I didn't either. But now I definitely do.

oreon

It's not 100% worse than the CL. In fact, with the new CL setup it's almost exactly the same as the new proposal. Everyone else, as far as I can tell, is mostly angry about the 2 issues you highlight.

Nobody is saying 'UEFA are doing a fine job, I back them!', but this is a step too far that even UEFA have resisted.
The format was dumb. I would have done this. Get rid of Europa League. UCL basically becomes the new Europa League. I would have 22 teams instead of 12. It would have been structured like American Leagues. Regular season + playoffs. Player each team twice for standings. 12 teams at the end advice to playoffs to play each team twice. 10 teams get relegated. You would have to relegate that many so there's enough turnover of clubs that the wealth gets spread over. And with 10 teams getting relegated, each game would matter. An aside for sure UTD would be relegated first season.
I would also introduce transfer spending caps and caps on agent wages. Nowadays its like 30 % of fees goes to agent. I am against capping player wages, everyone has the right to earn as much as they can.

It's a shame the super teams took this approach and if this fails its unlikely to be attempted again. But there's room for European super league that would actually be interesting.

Mainoldo

I don’t think 5 dopey lads speak for all of us in fairness
They never do do they. But who is all of us? All of us apparently are happy with the Glazer ownership. I say happy.. their still in charge.

I just think stupid posters like that are a waste of time. This thing is happening and them same 5 will be wearing the new kit.

vidic blood & sand

I'm all for running off the glazers, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't matter who United's owners are regarding the ESL. No owner of United would risk being left out of the proposal, no matter who they were.

big rons sovereign

What a crap slogan. You have to have money to make a football club, the men who founded Newton Heath were not poor.
The point remains. The fans and the game in general are being shafted, but rather stand against that you'd rather spout a load pedantic bullshit.

big rons sovereign

They never do do they. But who is all of us? All of us apparently are happy with the Glazer ownership. I say happy.. their still in charge.

I just think stupid posters like that are a waste of time. This thing is happening and them same 5 will be wearing the new kit.
Bollocks.

Toad

Woodward - Appoints a director of football and then completely destroys himself again. Joke of a person.

clarkydaz

amazing how they cant get though a transfer window efficiently, but can hijack the European and British game out of nowhere

No Love

Sky Sports running with this on one of their articles:

United will be one of 15 founder members of the league if it goes ahead, and in the competition's official unveiling on Sunday Joel Glazer, son of the club's owner Malcolm, was quoted as labelling the proposals a "new chapter for European football".

Am I being stupid here, or did Malcolm Glazer not die about 10 years ago?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
They cannot make money without fans watching and attending. And there is nothing to watch or attend if players go on strike. So, fans and players both have power here, in reality.

Greedy owners can only win if we all chicken out. Emperor has no cloths, these club owners have very little actual power, unless everybody turns out to be cowards
So why the Glazers is still here, sitting pretty since 2004?

Last edited:

redmanx

Its been coming for years; Im all for big money in the game but not at the cost of integrity and the games very soul.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Uefa and fifa are no ethical institutions - i think its hypocritical at its best to say the super league is all about money and the cl is for the fan? its not a fight between good and bad its a new system as the cl itself was a new system a few decades ago. the big difference is that some clubs will get more money while uefa - a corrupt body in itself - get less.
Yeah more like a shift in finances. A new private Super champions league. There might be "founding" clubs but I am sure, there will be clubs competing to get there once things settle if negotiations don't go too bad with FIFA and UEFA, they need each other.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
So why the Glazers is still here, sitting pretty since 2004?
We have little to no power in removing them. We have power in stopping the Super League. Two different things