Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

wolvored

I suppose this was what the protest was all about when they were taking over. That we would end up becoming all about the money and lose our soul. Here we are finally. I'm happy with the overwhelming opposition from fans. Luckily there will have to be a separate payment to attend these games if indeed it goes ahead. The strongest statement would be for all season ticket holders to opt out, and urge others not to buy. Let's see how they pay back JP Morgan Chase.
If it goes ahead and the FA still include us in the premier they will increase season tickets to around£800-1000 minimum and include the SL games. Thre will be no way you wont pay for the games, one way or another

maximus419

Its been coming for years; Im all for big money in the game but not at the cost of integrity and the games very soul.
You can't have one without the other. The soul went out of football a long time ago. Many match day fans at big clubs are mostly wealthy business types themselves, keano calling them prawn sandwich brigade 15+ years back.

Utd died as a football club the day it became a PLC. It's been a business first approach with the illusion it still cares about what happens on the pitch and the fans. It's simply now it's been fully exposed, like many things around the world over the past few years due to capitalism and greed. Every single fan is responsible for this for continued support whilst the leaches took your money from you. Now they've milked this market dry in search for another.

croadyman

Like other people on here and I have said at work today. We asked for help from the EPL/FA/UEFA to stop the Glazers from taking over our club and banging us into massive debt but they didn't seem to care that these scumbags were potentially destroying one of if not the biggest name in the sport. When they drew hundreds of millions out of the club nobody outside of the fanbase cared.

They were and are greedy b'studs but nobody else cared about that until they started to threaten their club.
Yeah that is a very good point which has definitely been missed and now they want to help us years too late

croadyman

Joel Glazer. Vice chairman of the 'biggest club tournament in the world'. Think of how wrong that is. It's a coup
Yeah if only there was a way for the monopolies commission to take the club off these yankee scumbags

lysglimt

Scout
I see one real possibility to stop this - and that is that the managers and the players of these 12 clubs say no.

Solskjær, Klopp, Tuchel, Guardiola, Arteta, Conte, Pioli etc - finish the season and if things haven't been resolved by then, managers resign and the players basically say they refuse to play for the club anymore. Basically force the owners out of the clubs

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
They've killed the club we all knew and loved, all for money. And they do not give a single f*ck. Genuinely bad people.

lysglimt

Scout
Why do you brelieve that? Of course they knew. It was too big not to get leaked
So you think the managers and the players knew - but not a single person in the FA, UEFA, FIFA and the other associations knew ? Don't be daft - I can guarantee that at least one player would be so shocked he would leak it to the press. No I think this been a very tight ship by only a handful of people from each club involved. At least about how advanced the plans were

croadyman

I see one real possibility to stop this - and that is that the managers and the players of these 12 clubs say no.

Solskjær, Klopp, Tuchel, Guardiola, Arteta, Conte, Pioli etc - finish the season and if things haven't been resolved by then, managers resign and the players basically say they refuse to play for the club anymore. Basically force the owners out of the clubs
Yeah that would be epic

TrustInOle

This 100%! Surely the players, manager and staff have something in their contracts, where by if the club cause any harm to their career they can fight back? Players Union or something? I can't see a single player/ manager at any of these clubs being happy with; 1. Hearing the decision as the public have heard it and 2. Being happy with all the talk surrounding playing licencing and tournament eligibilities?

Irwin99

The fans will be the only ones to stop I think (maybe supported by players and managers?) but if there's a global protest against this and no one tunes into watch then surely the whole thing tanks? Genuinely think even the fans of the big clubs would welcome some kind of punishment for their clubs being involved in this shameless attempt to create a footballing aristocracy.

Mainoldo

Standard brainless crap from you.
Funnily I don't see many kits in that photo, but let's not allow that to get in the way of small minded rant eh.
Go buy your daily heil.
Yeah yeah. Well tell me something interesting then? Always brainless crap from the responding person who has nothing to offer.

We’ve all watched these owners been allowed to offer us poor transfers followed by poor managers and we just accepted it.. bashing fans who wanted better. Now the ones who allowed us to be walked over also ended up getting walked over.

We could have stopped this but we allowed it to grow on the back of lack of unity.

So go buy your shirt and enjoy this new Super League that is coming. Unless you want to final unit...

We’ll see who’s the brainless ones.

hubbuh

What a crap slogan. You have to have money to make a football club, the men who founded Newton Heath were not poor.
They didn't pluck the slogan from thin air, it's been used in stadiums across the world. And besides it gets the point across rather well. Football is seen (or was seen) as being a working class game. This latest move is quite clearly a power grab from billionaire investors with no connection to football beyond financial interest.

hubbuh

Yeah yeah. Well tell me something interesting then? Always brainless crap from the responding person who has nothing to offer.

We’ve all watched these owners been allowed to offer us poor transfers followed by poor managers and we just accepted it.. bashing fans who wanted better. Now the ones who allowed us to be walked over also ended up getting walked over.

We could have stopped this but we allowed it to grow on the back of lack of unity.

So go buy your shirt and enjoy this new Super League that is coming. Unless you want to final unit...

What are you on about? Plenty of people have been extremely vocal in their hatred for the Glazers. What have you personally done to get them out?

Mainoldo

This 100%! Surely the players, manager and staff have something in their contracts, where by if the club cause any harm to their career they can fight back? Players Union or something? I can't see a single player/ manager at any of these clubs being happy with; 1. Hearing the decision as the public have heard it and 2. Being happy with all the talk surrounding playing licencing and tournament eligibilities?
How About we make a stand. Always shifting the blame. This game is about money. You think players and managers don’t like getting paid. We don’t get paid we put in. We are the ones that have to make the change not them.

big rons sovereign

Another brainless rant from the hypocrite.
Those lads have made the papers, what have you done?
Aside from shitting on a bunch of kids standing up for what they believe in.

kidbob

This is honestly the only realistic way.

hubbuh

Vocal by doing what?

What have I done? Tell me what you want me to do?
Well, that's exactly the bleedin' problem isn't it. The structure of football ownership in England means the fans are completely powerless and excluded from the decision-making process. It's why no German clubs are involved in this travesty. You can't deride the ones that are local and actually doing something, though. I'm a bit further south from Manchester nowadays but if there's something happening I'll be there to show my support. Aside from that, all I've been able to do is effectively the square root of feck all. I still went to games under Glazer ownership, I pay for BT. The extent of my disapproval is not buying club merch, which says it all about how empowered fans are.

croadyman

This is honestly the only realistic way.
Yeah would be great to see the back of Roman, Glazers, Sheikh Mansour, Kroenke and FSG but cannot see the government having the power to be able to make something that huge become a reality

TrustInOle

How About we make a stand. Always shifting the blame. This game is about money. You think players and managers don’t like getting paid. We don’t get paid we put in. We are the ones that have to make the change not them.
Every player, if not 99% of them, starts of in the same position as the rest of and have earned their their position in the game, so I have no problem with the money they get. My problem, as with many others, is the entitlement and lack of competition for their own selfish gains these owners are trying to implement. Questioning the players motives is for another conversation.

But, I agree with sentiment, the fans making a stand would send the truest of statements, but at the end of the day this "super League" or to an even larger extent, the clubs, are nothing without the players, coaches and staff that work there day in, day out, this includes the cooks, cleaners, groundskeepers and so on. So for them to make a stand would stop their plans in the tracks.

Much harder to make a stand as a fan base spread all around the world than it would be for the employee's I mentioned, which is why I was also curious as to any contractual benefits that may help them do so.

Jezpeza

It's not 100% worse than the CL. In fact, with the new CL setup it's almost exactly the same as the new proposal. Everyone else, as far as I can tell, is mostly angry about the 2 issues you highlight.

Nobody is saying 'UEFA are doing a fine job, I back them!', but this is a step too far that even UEFA have resisted.
its just money, money, money. Lazy owners want incomes they feel entitled to but dont want to earn through investment. Dont want to invest enough to make top 4 but want the income.

What right do we have to form a competition supposedly ‘above’ the champions league when we have recently failed to make a dent on it or even qualify several times. And then spurs and arsenal? Neither are good enough to even make the europa league. How are they elite teams for a competition two tiers above it?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
You are contradicting yourself. We cannot be guaranteed to play Barcelona twice a year with relegation, because we are simply not good enough for that. So you cannot like unchecked privilege and also call 'no relegation' an abomination.
I said IF we get to play Barcelona. If both teams are there on merit, then fair enough.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
its just money, money, money. Lazy owners want incomes they feel entitled to but dont want to earn through investment. Dont want to invest enough to make top 4 but want the income.

What right do we have to form a competition supposedly ‘above’ the champions league when we have recently failed to make a dent on it or even qualify several times. And then spurs and arsenal? Neither are good enough to even make the europa league. How are they elite teams for a competition two tiers above it?
You need to look at the business not the football to understand how this is happening.
Manchester United is an elite business. The brand is what they sell. The actual football isn't really important is it. 8 season with no major titles tells you that.
It's about the brand and it sells.

The sooner the majority of people see it for what it is the better. This romantic vision of Busby and Fergie and the like is over. Its dead. Gone.
The game as we knew it is gone.

It's vile what's happening and I'm sad. For the genuine fans I'm sad. Its a sad day and this is only the start of it.
One way or another this isn't going to be pretty.
The very fabric of the game has been torn to shreds at the seams and it would appear that the players are pawns in all of this.
Strap in. This is going to get absolutely mental.

Jezpeza

You need to look at the business not the football to understand how this is happening.
Manchester United is an elite business. The brand is what they sell. The actual football isn't really important is it. 8 season with no major titles tells you that.
It's about the brand and it sells.

The sooner the majority of people see it for what it is the better. This romantic vision of Busby and Fergie and the like is over. Its dead. Gone.
The game as we knew it is gone.

It's vile what's happening and I'm sad. For the genuine fans I'm sad. Its a sad day and this is only the start of it.
One way or another this isn't going to be pretty.
The very fabric of the game has been torn to shreds at the seams and it would appear that the players are pawns in all of this.
Strap in. This is going to get absolutely mental.
i believe so yes. They have probably relaised this epidemic that they could play in empty stadiums and stream to china for more money. Plastic neutral fans all over the globe who have never considered seeing us in person. And those fans are probably less demanding as like you say they follow the brand not the result.

arrogance to form an ‘elite league’ when we couldnt get past istanbul in the CL.

if they gave a shit about the fans and revenue, why not build a new stadium? Old trafford is looking a bit tired and to be honest i know so many people who just cant get tickets. We could probably build a 100’000 seater stadium, maybe bigger and fill it every week.

but that would cost a lot of money compared to a streaming platform or selling tv rights

dave1956

I note there has not been or I am not aware of it, a statement from the Players Union on this. I would have thought that since this concerns their membership they would have at least formulated a statement giving their thoughts or at least some direction to the membership.
Around a hundred years ago United players were responsible for forming the now players union, and later United players in support of that union opposed the FA., in order to protect and to maintain the union and the rights and well being of players. They became known as "The Outcasts", perhaps the time is right for our players to once again speak out on behalf of their fellow players and become "outcasts 2".
However, times have changed, and I cannot see this United team withdrawing their labourer in defiance of the club's action nor in the support of fellow players.

lsd

The Oracle
It's the mindless hysteria and " together we can change the world if we fight " posturings i love knowing that in a years time when it all starts you will all still be here posting "Ole is a horrible coach and will never win the Super League"

This is happening and there's nothing that will stop it so why the delusion?

nme_pro

Fresh from newbieville

The starting 11 of all 6 English clubs handing in a transfer request would certainly spice it up. This doesn't go ahead without the English clubs.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
It's the mindless hysteria and " together we can change the world if we fight " posturings i love knowing that in a years time when it all starts you will all still be here posting "Ole is a horrible coach and will never win the Super League"

This is happening and there's nothing that will stop it so why the delusion?
Somethings are worth being mindless and hysterical about

Mainoldo

Every player, if not 99% of them, starts of in the same position as the rest of and have earned their their position in the game, so I have no problem with the money they get. My problem, as with many others, is the entitlement and lack of competition for their own selfish gains these owners are trying to implement. Questioning the players motives is for another conversation.

But, I agree with sentiment, the fans making a stand would send the truest of statements, but at the end of the day this "super League" or to an even larger extent, the clubs, are nothing without the players, coaches and staff that work there day in, day out, this includes the cooks, cleaners, groundskeepers and so on. So for them to make a stand would stop their plans in the tracks.

Much harder to make a stand as a fan base spread all around the world than it would be for the employee's I mentioned, which is why I was also curious as to any contractual benefits that may help them do so.
I understand but like most things in life with big money... the real issue is always a lot more silly and goes against anything that actually has to do with the product we consume. The good thing about football is the industry is filled with chatty patties.

UEFA want to give Manchester United peanuts for a product that generates billions because of our name and a few others. The arguement is well we give you this stage to makes these profits against well what makes you think we need your stage to make these profits?

So now we are here. Absolutely nothing to do with us and the euphoria we get from football. But just a bit giant money play to ensure the dividends is still high, the wages are still attractive and the best players remain amongst an elite set of clubs.

My issue is when this all gets sorted we are still left with the owners that take a 98% interest in everything except for being elite.

GreenandGold2021

A quote from Florentino Perez:

"The contract of the Super League is binding. Nobody can leave, we will work all together. All the clubs signed the contracts last Saturday, there's no problem."

Sounds like they think it's done and dusted. B*stards.

redmanx

To be honest Id imagine that this super league is right up Guardiolas alley, with games played during the summer months on pitches like billiard cloths, no relegation to worry about, no real competition so his teams can play tikki takki football to his hearts contentment without the worry of teams like Burnley spoiling the party with their harrassing, chasing, fighting and biting and making a game of it. Im sure he'll be delighted by it all.