Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

The Irish Connection

Getting rid of the parasites is the best result we can hope for this year.
It would be up there with the treble for me.

As for the alternative only being an oil regime, that’s not true. Look at how Chelsea’s new owners have invested.
Sir Jim Ratcliffe, part fan ownership, etc, there would be plenty of interest if the club was for sale.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Every effort needs to be made to get these ugly tossers out

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Irrespective of how bad the Glazers are the signification is that United are transitioning into a mid table club. Can't see any extent to how that is good for business concerning the biggest club historically in the country. The narrative is already starting to set in with bigger players having disinterest in joining including younger talent; Haaland, Bellingham ,Camavinga and so forth. It's not good for business no matter how it's perceived.
Not just that. New generation of kids outside of Uk are starting to support City and Chelsea. I know that first reaction of many fans will be "who cares" but sponsors care. More fans, more money for sponsors.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I said a number of years ago that we won't win another PL or CL title under their tenure. Nothing I have seen since has changed my mind.

We might win the odd league cup or Europa League but that's our limit.

Hiring Ed Woodward's number 2, Arnold, and keeping Murtough here for nearly a decade isn't the great change the fans craved is it? It's just more of the same.

These charlatans need to get the message. They need to sell up as we are heading for midtable obscurity.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
We don't need a sugar daddy, the club makes enough money to sustain itself and be as competitive as any other club in the world.

We need owners who don't add debt to the club, and who can bring football experts in to run the club. It's that simple.

Right now we have greedy owners who have take over a billion out of the club so far, and who have no idea how to run it, so even when they invest it's pointless because they're clueless and can't even bring top talents to help.
The problem is sportwashing sugar daddies are the only people that can afford to buy the club at the moment. There's no perfect owner without baggage looking to buy Manchester United as an almost romantic display of solidarity.

The only protest that could work no (and potentially getting the value of the club down in the process) would be for things to get almost violently toxic. I'm talking a huge exodus or ST holders, pitch invasions every week to get games abandoned/played behind closed doors. Fans breaking into Carrington to stop training. They were genuinely on the ropes after fans were organised enough to get the Liverpool game called off in 2021 but they saw that out over the following few months.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They have overseen a culture of failure at the club. Failure is rewarded. At no top club would Woodward have lasted 9 fecking years.
They are a disease to the health of this club. It's not weven about money. It's about how failute is tolerated. There is no desire for excellence.

Moriarty

It would be up there with the treble for me.

As for the alternative only being an oil regime, that’s not true. Look at how Chelsea’s new owners have invested.
Sir Jim Ratcliffe, part fan ownership, etc, there would be plenty of interest if the club was for sale.
I wonder if they're still banking on the formation of a super league and the money that will bring.

Godfather

Get the pitchforks out. It's time. Who decided to employ the two bluffers Arnold and Murthough btw?

clarkydaz

They have overseen a culture of failure at the club. Failure is rewarded. At no top club would Woodward have lasted 9 fecking years.
They are a disease to the health of this club. It's not weven about money. It's about how failute is tolerated. There is no desire for excellence.
And remember Woodward walked himself. These twats would have kept him if they could

Fluctuation0161

Irrespective of how bad the Glazers are the signification is that United are transitioning into a mid table club. Can't see any extent to how that is good for business concerning the biggest club historically in the country. The narrative is already starting to set in with bigger players having disinterest in joining including younger talent; Haaland, Bellingham ,Camavinga and so forth. It's not good for business no matter how it's perceived.
It's not irrespective of how bad the Glazers are. It is caused by how bad the Glazers are!

Fluctuation0161

Boy did he do alot of damage in those 9 years too. Failure after failure. The Glazers didn't give a feck, they got their dividends and their asset went up in value

Roboc7

Financial constraints and realities mean we’re heading into more ‘no value’ years but with a broken squad. Even Arnold made it pretty clear that the ability to rebuild and distract fans with big signings is no longer there.

It’s not sustainable for club to keep failing now, unless ETH works miracles it’s first time since they bought the club that I can see Glazers being tempted to sell in near future.

Eric Edwards

If you ever have chance to listen to Garry Cook talk about the take over of Manchester City and the approach to wholesale transformation of that football club, and local area; it’s chalk and cheese. The crystal clear strategic intent and relentless focus on executing that into every part of the business at City is hugely impressive. Our track record over the past 10 years (probably longer) is distressingly poor. I can’t believe if the club were still a PLC, that this quality of corporate leadership would have been permitted to rumble along for so long.

I am an eternal optimist generally however I have a horrible feeling that the Arnold and Murtough changes are insufficient and will not drive the comprehensive transformation that we require. I believe football is is really important escape from the stress of everyday life and these swines are taking that away from us.

BlueHaze

I said a number of years ago that we won't win another PL or CL title under their tenure. Nothing I have seen since has changed my mind.

We might win the odd league cup or Europa League but that's our limit.

Hiring Ed Woodward's number 2, Arnold, and keeping Murtough here for nearly a decade isn't the great change the fans craved is it? It's just more of the same.

These charlatans need to get the message. They need to sell up as we are heading for midtable obscurity.
Impossible to see how we ever would. Also at this rate even Arsenal and Spurs will finish higher than us every season...

mshnsh

The fans need to unite against the glazers to force them to sell to a more capable owner. Peaceful demonstrations, boycotts, just throw the bloody kitchen sink. The bastards have to GO.

croadyman

I agree mostly with this with one exception.

"mass walkouts" mean people are still attending games and thus buying tickets/seasons tickets. How does that then affect the Glazers pockets? It is like going to a restaurant, paying for a 3 course meal in advance. Eating your starter but then walking out when the main meal comes in protest at the restaurant owner. That doesn't affect the restaurant's profits.

The solution is simple. Dont go to the restaurant. So don't attend the games. If nobody attended games as a point of principal against the Glazers they would sell ASAP. Because that would hit their revenue stream.
The problem is those soft arsed half and half scarf wearing tourists will keep attending

hp88

Protest, walkout, chants etc... won't make them a difference now, they will leave when they want to. I will go as far as saying ETH will be gone be the Glazers go.

hp88

Protest, prevent the matches from taking place and we will be sold in 3 months time.
Doubt it make's a difference but it seems like the club have used some scare tactics in last couple of days.

Premier League Update – Fan Behaviour
The club support the recent announcement from the Premier League regarding tougher measures and sanctions regarding poor fan behaviour. In an expansion of our current policies – and in support of the new measures – the club will now enforce a three-year ban on fans who bring smoke bombs and pyrotechnics on the footprint of Old Trafford or inside the stadium bowl. Click here to read more.

The Irish Connection

The fans need to unite against the glazers to force them to sell to a more capable owner. Peaceful demonstrations, boycotts, just throw the bloody kitchen sink. The bastards have to GO.
Well said. I hope the support for protests continues to grow.

red thru&thru

So, how do we get rid of the rat tail?
Fans put in an offer that the Glazers can't refuse.

£5bn

We have supposedly 1bn fans. However, even if we divided £5bn between 1 million fans, that would be £5k each. I'd pay that.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Fans put in an offer that the Glazers can't refuse.

£5bn

We have supposedly 1bn fans. However, even if we divided £5bn between 1 million fans, that would be £5k each. I'd pay that.
And then what? (Not supporting glazers im just coaxing your idea through). Fan ownership?

Whatsername

I saw that Avram was in attendance? Were any of our other shitstain owners there to witness the farce today? Won't change anything, mind.
It was said that Edward Glazer was next to him.

We were there and were surprised that the protest hadn’t continued inside, with anti-Glazer chants, as it had last season. We sit in the East Stand so can’t see who’s in the directors seating and didn’t know they were there until we finally got a phone signal and saw pics on Twitter once we’d got to the car.
Couldn’t believe that word hadn’t got along to the TRA section which is supposed to be the most vocal area in the stadium and was where the anti-Glazer banner was last season.

red thru&thru

And then what? (Not supporting glazers im just coaxing your idea through). Fan ownership?
Then we hold a ballot and appoint a management team.

I'm not saying this is ideal, however, I can't see an individual investor paying that much for us!

red thru&thru

We were there and were surprised that the protest hadn’t continued inside, with anti-Glazer chants, as it had last season. We sit in the East Stand so can’t see who’s in the directors seating and didn’t know they were there until we finally got a phone signal and saw pics on Twitter once we’d got to the car.
Couldn’t believe that word hadn’t got along to the TRA section which is supposed to be the most vocal area in the stadium and was where the anti-Glazer banner was last season.
I was shocked at this.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Interesting. Thanks for the insight :)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Then we hold a ballot and appoint a management team.

I'm not saying this is ideal, however, I can't see an individual investor paying that much for us!
No neither can I, which is why we’re stuck. Fans couldn’t organize a piss up in a brewery so your idea won’t work.
the only way to remove the glazers is if the club loses value and they sell. Best way to lose value is relegation. Fans wouldn’t allow that they’d be moaning

red thru&thru

No neither can I, which is why we’re stuck. Fans couldn’t organize a piss up in a brewery so your idea won’t work.
the only way to remove the glazers is if the club loses value and they sell. Best way to lose value is relegation. Fans wouldn’t allow that they’d be moaning
Tbf, I wouldn't want us to be relegated. I want us to be the best we can be. Win everything.

I'd much rather the fans buy the club. As I say, 1million fans would be £5k each but I'm sure some fans would pay more, so we wouldn't even need 1million fans to buy.

With NFTs/blockchain technology, the whereabouts of the money would be more transparent.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
They've practically killed any sense of positivity I have regarding the clubs current and future state.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Tbf, I wouldn't want us to be relegated. I want us to be the best we can be. Win everything.

I'd much rather the fans buy the club. As I say, 1million fans would be £5k each but I'm sure some fans would pay more, so we wouldn't even need 1million fans to buy.

With NFTs/blockchain technology, the whereabouts of the money would be more transparent.
There's no way we have a million fans who have £5k they'd be willing to part with for this. Idea is a non-starter.

croadyman

They've practically killed any sense of positivity I have regarding the clubs current and future state.
Quite honestly I regret every penny I have spent on this club since 2005, they have finally reduced me to that.

Speako

We need to get some ‘one Jim Ratcliffe’ chants going at the next few games. ‘Ratcliffe Ratcliffe buy them out’ etc.. Make Jimmy feel loved, needed and wanted, it’s the only way. :-)