Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

red thru&thru

There's no way we have a million fans who have £5k they'd be willing to part with for this. Idea is a non-starter.
We'd have a few that would spend more. However, you don't need a million to spend £5k. You could have less fans pay more, or more fans pay less. £5b ÷ 3m fans = £1.67k.

If not, the only other viable options is to protest to the point where fans will get arrested and banned for life to attend games...which I wouldn't do, or expect others to do.

Buying the club is the only viable option.

The Irish Connection

It was said that Edward Glazer was next to him.

We were there and were surprised that the protest hadn’t continued inside, with anti-Glazer chants, as it had last season. We sit in the East Stand so can’t see who’s in the directors seating and didn’t know they were there until we finally got a phone signal and saw pics on Twitter once we’d got to the car.
Couldn’t believe that word hadn’t got along to the TRA section which is supposed to be the most vocal area in the stadium and was where the anti-Glazer banner was last season.
Yeah, I was disappointed not to hear or see much protesting inside the ground like last year. Hopefully that ramps up again.

clarkydaz

It was said that Edward Glazer was next to him.

We were there and were surprised that the protest hadn’t continued inside, with anti-Glazer chants, as it had last season. We sit in the East Stand so can’t see who’s in the directors seating and didn’t know they were there until we finally got a phone signal and saw pics on Twitter once we’d got to the car.
Couldn’t believe that word hadn’t got along to the TRA section which is supposed to be the most vocal area in the stadium and was where the anti-Glazer banner was last season.
chants tried to beak out twice in the stretty, but fizzled out quickly. Quite disappointing

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
We'd have a few that would spend more. However, you don't need a million to spend £5k. You could have less fans pay more, or more fans pay less. £5b ÷ 3m fans = £1.67k.

If not, the only other viable options is to protest to the point where fans will get arrested and banned for life to attend games...which I wouldn't do, or expect others to do.

Buying the club is the only viable option.
Still a ton of money for the vast majority of fans. There's no way you'd find anywhere close to 3m fans willing to part with the equivalent of $2,000 USD. Even if you could, there's no guarantee the Glazers would sell without receiving a significant premium.

croadyman

We need to get some ‘one Jim Ratcliffe’ chants going at the next few games. ‘Ratcliffe Ratcliffe buy them out’ etc.. Make Jimmy feel loved, needed and wanted, it’s the only way. :-)
The biggest problem is he knows those yankee leech scumbags have no intention of leaving

always_hoping

It's 30 seasons since United won the first ever Premier league and first league title for 26 years. It''s also 10 seasons since Man United's last Premier league and when Ferguson retired

These owners and their clueless business men buddies have sent United back to the 80s and what more damage will be done if they are allowed to be kept on for another 10 years?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Tbf, I wouldn't want us to be relegated. I want us to be the best we can be. Win everything.

I'd much rather the fans buy the club. As I say, 1million fans would be £5k each but I'm sure some fans would pay more, so we wouldn't even need 1million fans to buy.

With NFTs/blockchain technology, the whereabouts of the money would be more transparent.
I couldn’t ever see the fans mobilised to do that. Our fans can’t agree on jack sh1t

Yakuza_devils

Fecking Glazers not only cause us catastrophe for the last 10 years.

During initial take over, they saddled us with debts and we spent years "no value in the market" BS. SAF could have won much more but his hands were tied with Glazers' debt.

It's criminal this type of ownership is legal in the UK.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
The only thing that would likely make them consider selling is if we somehow manage to get relegated.

Yakuza_devils

Is putting in a team of competent people with good track records to run football team (not women and youth football) too much to ask for?

BlueHaze

Compared to past years we actually made a big clear out this summer and now with 2 weeks before the windows end we are left with only 3 incomings. Not even replaced Pogba or Matic. No attacking reinforcements but are to rely on rubbish like Martial and Rashford for the rest of the season. Absolute nightmare.

Alonzo

Take the peaceful protests to Florida. Reassess the peaceful part :lol:

Rauður Djöfull

Saw "documentary" about the time Murdoch wanted to buy united and how a group of fans rallied and stopped the takeover

We need something like that and more, I don't live in England but I've stopped buying shirts, I'm not gonna attend a game and I'm not interacting in their social media like contest

Don't know what else to do

Red00012

Saw "documentary" about the time Murdoch wanted to buy united and how a group of fans rallied and stopped the takeover

We need something like that and more, I don't live in England but I've stopped buying shirts, I'm not gonna attend a game and I'm not interacting in their social media like contest

Don't know what else to do
Small problem the glazers own Utd they ain’t just about to take over. They are going nowhere

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

The Glazers are a cancer.
Players do not want to come to a club that is sick.
Do not be surprised that we do not get anyone in before the window closes.

Reality is we are going to depend on Garner, Hannibal, Garnacho and Elanga to step up.
Martinez will have to go to midfield. Bring Lindeloff to partner Macguire or Varane.

The Glazers have stabbed ten Hag in the back.
Some nutters already blaming the manager.
Don't worry. He will quit end of the season if the Glazers screw him over the transfers.

Last edited:

croadyman

The Glazers are a cancer.
Players do not want to come to a club that is sick.
Do not be surprised that we do not get anyone in before the window closes.

Reality is we are going to depend on Garner, Hannibal, Garnacho and Elanga to step up.
Martinez will have to go to midfield. Bring Lindeloff to partner Macguire or Varane.

The Glazers have stabbed ten Hag in the back.
Some nutters already blaming the manager.
Don't worry. He will quit end of the season if the Glazers screw him over the transfers.
Yeah and causing this club to slowly die, right now we are drifting in and out of consciousness due to those scumbags

lex talionis

Leeches they are, without question, but can these leeches not correctly claim that they’ve spent over one billion net on transfers over the last decade at the demand of their managers?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Will be 20 league less years before we know it under these clowns.

I was just randomly thinking about them saddling us with their fecking debt and it was angering me. Then I tuned it to watch us play to take my mind off that topic :D

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
chants tried to beak out twice in the stretty, but fizzled out quickly. Quite disappointing
Sure. When there is no hope. Who is the alternative? Who could they sell United to?

£6billion if Chelsea at £4.3billion. Who could afford that at that price? Certainly not sports-loving individuals. Way too much vis a vis Ratcliffe's net worth. So sovereign funds.

Saudis are gone. Chinese?

So you wonder why people arent so energised?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Sure. When there is no hope. Who is the alternative? Who could they sell United to?

£6billion if Chelsea at £4.3billion. Who could afford that at that price? Certainly not sports-loving individuals. Way too much vis a vis Ratcliffe's net worth. So sovereign funds.

Saudis are gone. Chinese?

So you wonder why people arent so energised?
Why exactly are we valued more than Chelsea?

The stadium is falling apart, the team is in despair, toxic atmosphere, the sponsorship money will start to decline.

You don't pay big for name alone.

sglowrider

Why exactly are we valued more than Chelsea?

The stadium is falling apart, the team is in despair, toxic atmosphere, the sponsorship money will start to decline.

You don't pay big for name alone.
United has a much bigger fan base globally, topline revenues are much higher and the brand name/equity is worth more than Chelsea. (Don't forget that RA had subsidised the club to the tune of £1million shortfall every week for the nearly 20 years he owned the club.)

So if an investor comes it, he/she will use the Chelsea deal as a baseline now.

So if Chelsea is worth £4.3Billion today, United's got to be at least £6 Billion. (We are usually like 30-50% premium to the Chelsea's values projected in the past.)

Then you add in the potential revenues from medium term revenue streams, it maybe more.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
United has a much bigger fan base globally, topline revenues are much higher and the brand name/equity is worth more than Chelsea. (Don't forget that RA had subsidised the club to the tune of £1million shortfall every week for the nearly 20 years he owned the club.)

So if an investor comes it, he/she will use the Chelsea deal as a baseline now.

So if Chelsea is worth £4.3Billion today, United's got to be at least £6 Billion. (We are usually like 30-50% premium to the Chelsea's values projected in the past.)

Then you add in the potential revenues from medium term revenue streams, it maybe more.
But Chelsea has valuable assets? Some players that could be sold for decent money, a stadium not in need of serioi investment, whereas our squad is, well, most are un sellable and we have to rely on them leaving for free.

Chelsea are a much more attractive purchase investment wise than United currently are, United have peaked and will take a long, long time to get back to where they once were, competent management or not as the last 10 years under Glazers have decimated any sort of desirability we once had.

This is the reason why the Glazer won't sell, they assume like you, that because we're "bigger" than Chelsea that we should be worth more, but investors will see the 1b needed to overhaul the squad, 1b to overhaul the stadium, all while the atmosphere around the club is toxic and potential investors just see a headache.

sglowrider

But Chelsea has valuable assets? Some players that could be sold for decent money, a stadium not in need of serioi investment, whereas our squad is, well, most are un sellable and we have to rely on them leaving for free.

Chelsea are a much more attractive purchase investment wise than United currently are, United have peaked and will take a long, long time to get back to where they once were, competent management or not as the last 10 years under Glazers have decimated any sort of desirability we once had.

This is the reason why the Glazer won't sell, they assume like you, that because we're "bigger" than Chelsea that we should be worth more, but investors will see the 1b needed to overhaul the squad, 1b to overhaul the stadium, all while the atmosphere around the club is toxic and potential investors just see a headache.
I am sure the Glazers have had analysis/empirical studies and evidence to show that United despite everything is still more valued than Chelsea. Theer are different complex financial valuation models you can use. Its not something that you pluck out of thin air or based on emotions du jour.

• Value investors use financial ratios such as price-to-earnings, price-to-book, debt-to-equity, and price/earnings-to-growth to discover undervalued stocks.
  • Free cash flow is a stock metric showing how much cash a company has after deducting operating expenses and capital expenditures.
And being a publically listed company, the data/information is a lot more accurate than an entity that's privately owned

I think the Chelsae fan's association owns the Stanford Bridge pitch too? And yet its worth $4.3billion.