Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I am sure the Glazers have had analysis/empirical studies and evidence to show that United despite everything is still more valued than Chelsea. Theer are different complex financial valuation models you can use. Its not something that you pluck out of thin air or based on emotions du jour.

• Value investors use financial ratios such as price-to-earnings, price-to-book, debt-to-equity, and price/earnings-to-growth to discover undervalued stocks.
  • Free cash flow is a stock metric showing how much cash a company has after deducting operating expenses and capital expenditures.
And being a publically listed company, the data/information is a lot more accurate than an entity that's privately owned

I think the Chelsae fan's association owns the Stanford Bridge pitch too? And yet its worth $4.3billion.
It obviously doesn't go on feelings! But investors don't only just look at the valuation models either, growth is a big factor when investing, its hard to see how much growth United have since the Glazers have milked every avenue dry, especially when new investors will have to plough loads of money (and time) into the infrastructure and playing staff, and at 6b it won't stack up for most investors.

I even doubt the wealthy individuals like the Saudis etc would want to invest in an asset that much - you're looking at about 8-9billion investment over a ten year period.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I even doubt the wealthy individuals like the Saudis etc would want to invest in an asset that much - you're looking at about 8-9billion investment over a ten year period.
I agree but it goes back to my original point -- pointless asking for the Glazers to leave when there is no alternative. Sovereign fund or some mad decision by one of the Google Bros or Gates -- otherwise its a non-event. (Side note -- it's interesting that the furore on the Saudis buying up the Barcodes died a quick death -- maybe the saudis made a big miscalculation on buying them. Could have gone for the bigger fish)

Maybe it's me but I hate to waste time or energy on something that will be unlikely to happen.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I agree but it goes back to my original point -- pointless asking for the Glazers to leave when there is no alternative. Sovereign fund or some mad decision by one of the Google Bros or Gates -- otherwise its a non-event. (Side note -- it's interesting that the furore on the Saudis buying up the Barcodes died a quick death -- maybe the saudis made a big miscalculation on buying them. Could have gone for the bigger fish)

Maybe it's me but I hate to waste time or energy on something that will be unlikely to happen.
Yeah we definitely agree!

dabeast

The reason we are all feeling down is not because our new manager is not good enough (he is), not because our best players like Sancho and Eriksen are not good enough (they are) but because we have had the blood-sucking ownership of the Glazers since 2005.

Any argument that is made on TV such as we have invested money is not true when judged relative to other clubs (that is, of course, the only true measure). Prior to 2005, Man Utd was the biggest spending club in England by far. We are now not that even if one doesn't count the backdoor payments that City makes to all those it buys. No one else but the Glazers and their blood-sucking has created this situation, make no mistake, and this will continue till somebody else buys us out.

For an entity to buy Man Utd they will have to have a huge amount of money and not a strong profit motive for it. So, we are clearly priced out of any entity but the very biggest - like the Saudis but they are now not possible. However, we could become completely fan-owned (or at least 50+1) and we should protest until that happens.

When is the next protest?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
This club is a pale shadow of its former self, bled dry by the parasites at the top and left to fall into absolute ruin.

Arnold, Murtough, Fletcher etc... they are all symptoms of a far bigger and more serious disease that infests our football club. They are taking the absolute piss out of every fan that has ever watched and loved this football club. They are leaving the stadium in absolute disrepair and all they have done to it is give it a new paint job, papering over the ever increasing cracks. The training ground is 2nd rate nowadays, symptomatic of an ownership not willing to invest in the state of the art facilities a club of this size deserves. The squad has been decimated by consistently poor and erratic transfer strategies and poor negotiations by the people employed by the Glazers to do this. Managers, some of which were formally world class, have found themselves hung out to dry by the ineptitude of the people above them, or have simply not been of the quality required to manage the club and its expectations. We have employed absolute amateurs for positions of the utmost importance to the footballing side of the club and there is only one explanation for that. Success at the football club for the Glazers is not about winning, it is about achieving consistently high revenue streams which, for a club of United's size, was always going to be relatively easy.

Simply put, all United is to the Glazers, is an extremely profitable asset. They do not care about the clubs success. They only care if it continues to make them money.

They have to be driven out of our club and it needs to happen NOW!! Not next year or even a few years from now. The current status of United, even as a draw for top, top players is slowly withering away. When that happens, it is only a matter of time before the lack of success finally begins to harm the clubs consistent revenue streams. Only then will the Glazers run for the hills and leave someone else to pick up the pieces. Who knows what we could be left with when the Glazers have finally stripped every single penny they can from our football club. Enough is enough! They need to go!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
For all the absoulte shite the Glazers have given us - they have at least not been shy before about splashing the cash on transfers, so why has the well seemingly dried up this season?

Obviously we'll see where we are at the end of August - but on current trajectory it looks like we'll get outspent by both Arsenal and Spurs

Yakuza_devils

Woodward is gone. It's not good enough. If they don't fix this mess this window, Arnold need to go too.

Glazers need to be accountable for the continued unprecedented mismanagement of Man Utd for the last 10 years and counting.

Glazers have to come out to the fans' forum again to answer all these mess. There is no changes whatsoever in football structure which was promised during the last fans forum meeting. In fact, we are in worse situation now.

Hope the protest at OT continue in the next game.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
We need to accept that no matter the manager, no matter who we sign and no matter the staff we have around the club, as long as the Glazers are in control it will be very difficult to get back anywhere close to the top. We will just be that team consistently finishing 6th-10th place, sort of like Everton 2006-2020. That is our level.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
For all the absoulte shite the Glazers have given us - they have at least not been shy before about splashing the cash on transfers, so why has the well seemingly dried up this season?

Obviously we'll see where we are at the end of August - but on current trajectory it looks like we'll get outspent by both Arsenal and Spurs
That's my issue, they are a poison that hire people who aren't very good at their jobs, they spend the money on the wrong people but at least they spent it. Now they are still paying dividends but this is insane, if something big doesn't happen soon this club will genuinely be unrecognizable in a few years

RopersReturn

Don’t understand why the Glazers are so reluctant to ‘splash the cash’ on signings so far. We’ve spent a fortune on ropey players over the last few seasons, but that was primarily due to a combo of Woodward, Lawlor and Bout making the decisions.

Yakuza_devils

These American leeches only interested in Baseball, Basketball or American Football.

They don't have a clue about real football. They don't give a damn if we finish 6th or 1st. There is no difference to them.

It's just business. They still collect their dividends every year and can sell the clubs shares to raise money whenever they like. They club still paying their debts hundreds of millions a year.

When they decided to feck off I think they can easily sell the club for 4 to 5 bil profit.

How can the UK government allow this kind of ownership?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
These cheap, short term signings that the club are targeting. These are not transfers of owners planning to stick around.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
This club is a pale shadow of its former self, bled dry by the parasites at the top and left to fall into absolute ruin.

Arnold, Murtough, Fletcher etc... they are all symptoms of a far bigger and more serious disease that infests our football club. They are taking the absolute piss out of every fan that has ever watched and loved this football club. They are leaving the stadium in absolute disrepair and all they have done to it is give it a new paint job, papering over the ever increasing cracks. The training ground is 2nd rate nowadays, symptomatic of an ownership not willing to invest in the state of the art facilities a club of this size deserves. The squad has been decimated by consistently poor and erratic transfer strategies and poor negotiations by the people employed by the Glazers to do this. Managers, some of which were formally world class, have found themselves hung out to dry by the ineptitude of the people above them, or have simply not been of the quality required to manage the club and its expectations. We have employed absolute amateurs for positions of the utmost importance to the footballing side of the club and there is only one explanation for that. Success at the football club for the Glazers is not about winning, it is about achieving consistently high revenue streams which, for a club of United's size, was always going to be relatively easy.

Simply put, all United is to the Glazers, is an extremely profitable asset. They do not care about the clubs success. They only care if it continues to make them money.

They have to be driven out of our club and it needs to happen NOW!! Not next year or even a few years from now. The current status of United, even as a draw for top, top players is slowly withering away. When that happens, it is only a matter of time before the lack of success finally begins to harm the clubs consistent revenue streams. Only then will the Glazers run for the hills and leave someone else to pick up the pieces. Who knows what we could be left with when the Glazers have finally stripped every single penny they can from our football club. Enough is enough! They need to go!
Everything you say is spot on. However, as I said yesterday, who comes in when they try and sell? Especially in this current climate.

As I also said yesterday, the only way to get them out would he sustained protests that damage the brand. Getting matches called off through mass pitch invasions, breaking into Carrington etc. This is followed by constant points deductions which sees us end up in the bottom half. Even in the lower levels of English football, it took the likes of Oldham to reach a proper low ebb (relegation to Non League) before the owner sold up. It would take a similar (comparatively anyway) step for the Glazers to go.

The truth is, if we end up making a couple of decent signings and end up in the top 4 before the World Cup break, most of this noise will stop and we'll almost meander along until the next crisis and this thread gets bumped again.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Everything you say is spot on. However, as I said yesterday, who comes in when they try and sell? Especially in this current climate.

As I also said yesterday, the only way to get them out would he sustained protests that damage the brand. Getting matches called off through mass pitch invasions, breaking into Carrington etc. This is followed by constant points deductions which sees us end up in the bottom half. Even in the lower levels of English football, it took the likes of Oldham to reach a proper low ebb (relegation to Non League) before the owner sold up. It would take a similar (comparatively anyway) step for the Glazers to go.

The truth is, if we end up making a couple of decent signings and end up in the top 4 before the World Cup break, most of this noise will stop and we'll almost meander along until the next crisis and this thread gets bumped again.
Lets play devils advocate here

Everything you say is spot on. However, as I said yesterday, who comes in when they try and sell? Especially in this current climate. Chelsea found a willing buyer easily - United is arguably a bigger brand

As I also said yesterday, the only way to get them out would he sustained protests that damage the brand. Getting matches called off through mass pitch invasions, breaking into Carrington etc. This is followed by constant points deductions which sees us end up in the bottom half. Even in the lower levels of English football, it took the likes of Oldham to reach a proper low ebb (relegation to Non League) before the owner sold up. It would take a similar (comparatively anyway) step for the Glazers to go. WHat is the difference in terms to a fan if we finish 17th vs 4th - nothing as far as I can see. Protests without us getting relegated are not that bad of an idea!

The truth is, if we end up making a couple of decent signings and end up in the top 4 before the World Cup break, most of this noise will stop and we'll almost meander along until the next crisis and this thread gets bumped again. Dont disagree - thats what the Glazers rely on and it ties into point two where protests arent meaningful or effective unless they are disruptive

This club is in absolute crisis. For the first time I am genuinely concerned for the future.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Glazers need to go, the state of United in the transfer market is a joke too...

I wonder what it'll take them to sell the club

Coops73

That's my issue, they are a poison that hire people who aren't very good at their jobs, they spend the money on the wrong people but at least they spent it. Now they are still paying dividends but this is insane, if something big doesn't happen soon this club will genuinely be unrecognizable in a few years
I’ve been a united supporter for over 40 years and it seems pretty unrecognisable now.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What are the chances they will actually sell?
People talk like it’s quite likely.

dove

What are the chances they will actually sell?
People talk like it’s quite likely.
Unfortunately I don't think there are any reliable or at least semi reliable sources suggesting that they are thinking about selling. Apart from a few Indykaila level of rumours I don't think we had anything at all.

I Am Zlatan

They are preparing to sell soon

No other explanation
My thoughts as well, I have been thinking this since 2019 though, but surely, no matter how incompetent they are, they surely know they’re sinking the ship, and they sure won’t die on the wheel.

diarm

We kicked up a fuss last year and forced them to spend some money on the ground and facilities. That money is going to have to come from somewhere and it was never going to be their dividends that suffered.

mav_9me

Quite often some fans ask what else could the glazers have done, they have financed all these expensive purchases over the last 10 yrs or so Pogba/Lukaku etc.

The thing is Glazers have continued to preside over this disaster of recruitment for 10 yrs, never hired the right people for the football side. Their agenda is obvious, keep the top 4 finishes, ensure current financial stability, keep this ticking over. Never aiming to be no.1, no idea about soccer to hire the right people etc.

Sigh. It's beyond pathetic.

clarkydaz

Quite often some fans ask what else could the glazers have done, they have financed all these expensive purchases over the last 10 yrs or so Pogba/Lukaku etc.

The thing is Glazers have continued to preside over this disaster of recruitment for 10 yrs, never hired the right people for the football side. Their agenda is obvious, keep the top 4 finishes, ensure current financial stability, keep this ticking over. Never aiming to be no.1, no idea about soccer to hire the right people etc.

Sigh. It's beyond pathetic.
Turn the players into brands aswell to help with sponsorships

Suv666

Yeah this is concerning. We are going for cheap punts like Arnautovic and Rabiot.

Either they have decided to sell or they reckon they can make more money by saving on wages and transfers than getting top four.

m1tch

Yeah this is concerning. We are going for cheap punts like Arnautovic and Rabiot.

Either they have decided to sell or they reckon they can make more money by saving on wages and transfers than getting top four.
Irrespective of the Glazers intentions I strongly believe the fans should be organising protests if we sign either of those two players. It would be far less embarrassing to play youth team players and get humped each week than signing those two.

laughtersassassin

Why aren't we doing protests that disrupt the matches?

Like if we pick a time and everyone throws a load of tennis balls on the pitch every game or two atleast it'll piss some people off.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Glazers need to go, the state of United in the transfer market is a joke too...

I wonder what it'll take them to sell the club
probably death At this rate.

They won’t sell until the grim reaper has collared them all.

Speako

First time I’ve ever completed agreed with him. It’s obviously 100% right, and to actually hear someone spell it out on TV in front of the world like that, the words hit home.

Flying high

Well done to him for saying this so clearly.

It's not even about the bad governance of the club, that can and does happen to clubs all the time. But we could afford a period of bad decisions with an extra £1.5billion of talent on the pitch.