Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I would normally agree with you if someone didn’t drop $14m on the stock hours before Musk tweeted and today we weren’t getting Bloomberg terminal messages saying that they’re open to selling a stake.

Looks to me like they’ve tasked a company to sell a stake and they’ve started approaching people. I doubt it’s anything more than 10%-20% though.
No doubt they're searching for investors, bloomberg wouldn't come up with this report for nothing otherwise.

Clearly United are skint and need money. I'm not sure it'll be a person like Musk though, more than likely some fancy investment group.

Water Melon

No doubt they're searching for investors, bloomberg wouldn't come up with this report for nothing otherwise.

Clearly United are skint and need money. I'm not sure it'll be a person like Musk though, more than likely some fancy investment group.
True that. Welcome to the Glazer's world. What a way to milk the biggest cash cow in the world to death.

gica_7

How soon?
I don't know. These kind of sales takes an even longer time then de Jong saga. But, the sooner the better for Glazers. The value of the asset will only keep on decreasing as things stand. None of the United's sponsors will be happy with what they are seeing. With this environment, it is difficult to attract new sponsors. It is also going to be difficult to keep some of them like Adidas. No matter what happens in the next 2 weeks, this season will probably be underwhelming. Glazers will be less enthusiastic about investing in the team.

crossy1686

career ending
No chance of it happening tonight?
Nope. It will take months I would suspect.

First, no one is going to give up $1b for 15% without the aim of eventually taking over majority at a cost, and expect the dividend to stay true. The buyer would need to have the cash, either in equity of actually money and then they’d probably want to negotiate the %.

But is suspect the aim is to raise that amount of cash to appease the fans and build a new team/fix the stadium.

Yakuza_devils

Hope the news Glazers is selling is true. Maybe because of current economic situation the Glazers are skint. War in Ukraine, Covid, inflation and whatnot.

But I can't bear seeing them take 6 bils from us after running us into the ground.

ShinjiNinja26

Minority stake means feck all. The Glazers still call the shots at the end of the day. Until they no longer own the majority stake in the club or better yet feck off entirely then nothing will change.

gica_7

Minority stake means feck all. The Glazers still call the shots at the end of the day. Until they no longer own the majority stake in the club or better yet feck off entirely then nothing will change.
I don't buy that the sales will be for minority shares. That's what they have to say. Well actually, normally I would have expected them to say "not for sale". I think the club will be sold.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
While that's true, any 'big' investor isn't going to take 1/4 of the shares and then not get a shout at what goes on.

The Glazers have been slowly drip feeding themselves bit by bit. I do think this is the beginning of the end game personally.

The club is on a downward spiral, we arent being competitive and the anger is getting more intense. At what stage is it worth it for them to take dividends every year, instead of just selling?

If they can truly get £5n for the club they should take it and run IMO.

red thru&thru

While that's true, any 'big' investor isn't going to take 1/4 of the shares and then not get a shout at what goes on.

The Glazers have been slowly drip feeding themselves bit by bit. I do think this is the beginning of the end game personally.

The club is on a downward spiral, we arent being competitive and the anger is getting more intense. At what stage is it worth it for them to take dividends every year, instead of just selling?

If they can truly get £5n for the club they should take it and run IMO.
Agree with this.

Also, to answer your previous comment of mine about Musk, I agree, it's highly doubtful ot would be him. However, it's just his out of the blue comment about United, especially tagging it on his previous tweet about US politics. Just all very strange.

Yakuza_devils

How crazy is the world financial system?
Glazers bought us with debts. Taken 1.5 bil from the club. Sold the club shares and profits hundreds of millions. Neglect the club facilities and football side. The club is still saddled with Glazers debts to the tune of hundreds of millions. Man Utd still paying Glazers debts and dividends.

And now they have the guts to ask for 6 bil profit for selling the club. And this is all legal in the eyes of law. To me this is worse than robbery and I'm sure majority of hundreds of millions fans feel the same.

red thru&thru

Glazers bought us with debts. Taken 1.5 bil from the club. Sold the club shares and profits hundreds of millions. Neglect the club facilities and football side. The club is still saddled with Glazers debts to the tune of hundreds of millions. Man Utd still paying Glazers debts and dividends.

And now they have the guts to ask for 6 bil profit for selling the club. And this is all legal in the eyes of law. To me this is worse than robbery and I'm sure majority of hundreds of millions fans feel the same.
And there are people who think the Glazers are idiots!

Ema_datsi

Ready to sell a minority stake?
Get Out Glazers! Majority of the fans don’t even want a microscopic speck of these parasites at the club.

ONLY WAY forward is the push them out through boycott. The only reason the Glazers have power is because the fans give it to them. In some ways, MUFC fans are like a battered spouse - despite every shred of evidence to the contrary and common sense, they will keep going back for more abuse. It’s astounding that after all these years, fans that declare their love for this club are unwilling to do what needs to be done.
  • Fans aren’t willing to endure a season of missing games inorder to push out these parasites. That tourists will fill the seats is a weak excuse, there aren’t enough tourists to fill that stadium every home game.
  • Fans aren’t willing to do something as simple as boycott the jersey , Adidas, and other sponsors. Even a knock-off jersey still has the logos on it and is still free advertising for the club and sponsors.
  • That supporter groups and trusts are still scratching their heads after 17 years and are so feckless that they’d be hard pressed to organize a piss-up in the local bar. Rather than actually using whatever clout they have to organize a sustained movement to force out the Glazer scumbags, they are actually finding ways to give even mire money to the Glazers in exchange for worthless non-voting shares. These Judases are so desperate to be “insiders” that they’ve lost credibility with the wider fanbase.
  • How useless the FA have been. As per the Henry Winter interview, these idiots actually lay down and let the Glazers walk all over them. For all their talk of fit and proper owners acting as custodians of cultural institutions, this lot are complicit in the vandalism of one of the largest cultural institutions in the world. I wouldn’t even trust them to safeguard an outhouse.

Last edited:

grahamo

Glazers will be about 5 billion richer if the sell MUFC after a leveraged buy out which cost them nothing and enabled them to take 1.6 billion out of the club. Wheres the justice? These conmen should be in jail

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Glazers will be about 5 billion richer if the sell MUFC after a leveraged buy out which cost them nothing and enabled them to take 1.6 billion out of the club. Wheres the justice? These conmen should be in jail
I don't like them either, but what crime did they commit?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

It is legal sadly. I agree though it's a total joke.

The PL and FA have since made a ruling that this type of ownership can't happen again. Not bad for us they didn't say this when we all told them in 2005.

I genuinely wish the worst things to happen to that family and I don't even care admitting it. They are inbred looking parasites.

red thru&thru

Ready to sell a minority stake?
Get Out Glazers! Majority of the fans don’t even want a microscopic speck of these parasites at the club.

ONLY WAY forward is the push them out through boycott. The only reason the Glazers have power is because the fans give it to them. In some ways, MUFC fans are like a battered spouse - despite every shred of evidence to the contrary and common sense, they will keep going back for more abuse. It’s astounding that after all these years, fans that declare their love for this club are unwilling to do what needs to be done.
  • Fans aren’t willing to endure a season of missing games inorder to push out these parasites. That tourists will fill the seats is a weak excuse, there aren’t enough tourists to fill that stadium every home game.
  • Fans aren’t willing to do something as simple as boycott the jersey , Adidas, and other sponsors. Even a knock-off jersey still has the logos on it and is still free advertising for the club and sponsors.
  • That supporter groups and trusts are still scratching their heads after 17 years and are so feckless that they’d be hard pressed to organize a piss-up in the local bar. Rather than actually using whatever clout they have to organize a sustained movement to force out the Glazer scumbags, they are actually finding ways to give even mire money to the Glazers in exchange for worthless non-voting shares. These Judases are so desperate to be “insiders” that they’ve lost credibility with the wider fanbase.
  • How useless the FA have been. As per the Henry Winter interview, these idiots actually lay down and let the Glazers walk all over them. For all their talk of fit and proper owners acting as custodians of cultural institutions, this lot are complicit in the vandalism of one of the largest cultural institutions in the world. I wouldn’t even trust them to safeguard an outhouse.
Unfortunately my friend, the reason United are what they are, is because of the fans. They are so iconic because of the support they get from the fans worldwide. Even in the second division, the club got bigger crowds than teams did in the first division.

However, previously, the fans could see no way out. But with the latest news of potential sale and buyers etc, I have no doubts the fans will unite like never before. The fans have something theycan hang their hats on, and believe the Glazers will now actually go.

crossy1686

career ending
Hope the news Glazers is selling is true. Maybe because of current economic situation the Glazers are skint. War in Ukraine, Covid, inflation and whatnot.

But I can't bear seeing them take 6 bils from us after running us into the ground.
I don’t think any of that has affected them, they don’t own commodities or anything like that. However they are selling somewhat close to the bottom which makes me think this deal will take longer than we all want it to.

Ema_datsi

However, previously, the fans could see no way out. But with the latest news of potential sale and buyers etc, I have no doubts the fans will unite like never before. The fans have something they can hang their hats on, and believe the Glazers will now actually go.
Amen to that. I had stopped watching games and following United after the Jose debacle and only came back because of the Super League protests and Woodward’s resignation. Was deflated as the wind went out of the sails as we were lied to again with promises of a new DoF consultants and ETH revolution. The one constant throughout the post-SAF period of decline has been that the Glazers and their stooges will lie, lie and lie even more as this club sinks under their incompetence.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
The more I think about the glazers selling up the more I’m convinced they would sell if someone actually made a good offer. It wouldn’t make sense for them to announce their going to sell. It would place them in a position of weakness when it comes to negotiations. It’s clear as day their not interested in the club only the money, so offering them 4b would be like every Christmas has come at once for them. They wouldn’t be able to recoup 4b through dividends in their horrible life times so it would a no brainier. I think their waiting for someone to come in with a good offer. We just have to pray someone does!
4b at 22m/year is 181.8 years.

Tarrou

£6bn for an asset half a billion in debt and in need of a massive investment both to personnel and grounds. :houllier: :houllier:

No one is going to take this.
assuming for a moment this number has actually come from the Glazers

it's benchmarking and they are looking to sell

so a deal somewhere around 4 to 5 bn might do it

Tarrou

I hate the Glazers as much as anyone but they put 270m in

there is no justice in finance, only winners and losers

croadyman

Yeah minute I heard the word minority my excitement totally disappeared

clarkydaz

i think the minority stake is a smoke screen, they want out. A minority stake just smokes people out to bid

ShinjiNinja26

Knighton was actually suggesting he wanted Jim on board

This could all be linked
I think he was just throwing his name out there as he knew he didn’t have the funds himself. There’s definitely something in the Ratcliffe links though as his name keeps cropping up time and time again when it comes to potential buyers of United. I’m sure he came in with a last minute offer of £4 billion to buy Chelsea but was too late so seems serious about getting into the PL at least.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think he was just throwing his name out there as he knew he didn’t have the funds himself. There’s definitely something in the Ratcliffe links though as his name keeps cropping up time and time again when it comes to potential buyers of United. I’m sure he came in with a last minute offer of £4 billion to buy Chelsea but was too late so seems serious about getting into the PL at least.
Something is going on I’m sure of it.