Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Some sugar daddy who has too much money and looking to spend a lot of money on a new toy would be the ideal scenario.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Exactly. Can't wait for some sugar daddy. Do it ourselves. The biggest mistake we all made was not buying a controlling stake as fans back in the day. Say what you want about them but I genuinely envy that Barca and Real are ultimately fan-owned.
The dream would be if the club was supporter owned(and if all clubs were supporter owned) but, that is probably not possible at this point.

Tapori

Woodward does a lot more than write the checks. He oversees or has full control off all ththe deals. That includes the stupid wages he gives, and prices he pays for players. He picks the mangers, he chooses when they should be fired. He chooses when they should be backed. And if it wasn’t clear before, it should be now that he’s putting his nose in footballing matters that he shouldn’t. Regardless of what you think about Jose Mourinho, how anyone can accept a fecking banker thinking he knows more about football than one of the best managers in the PL era, I don’t know.

No matter what else you think, you should know that Woodward is a massive knob that cares only about the money coming in. And even then, only in short term thinking. His long term is a fecking joke.
Well said. Woodward is not some benign figure. He was instrumental in creating the finances that enabled the Glazers to buy the club and was rewarded with almost full control of the club as a CEO.

shaky

Three different managers have asked for different players and the likes of Woodward have acquired those players.

I supported Woodward with hurling Jose transfer plans because he already proved he was wasting resources. While the owners do need to buckle up the structure, I think some of the impetus is on Ole aswell.

How can anyone have any belief that we will challenge in 3 years with Solskjaer in charge. He looks out of his depth, I completely understand the players need to go but I don't think Ole is the man to give us the platform to challenge for the league. We could spend 500 million and still end up scrapping for 4th because that's the pedigree of management Ole offers us.

Not good enough
If you don't like Ole being in charge, don't turn on Ole. Turn on Woodward for appointing him.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
No one can afford to buy the club that isn't connected to terrorism at this point without replicating similar issues to the Glazers.

So basically unless the club trades its' soul we'd be in the same situation regardless.

Of course someone mega rich could get bored, but that's unlikely.
Yeah we are not going to find some good multi billionaire to own the club because they do not exist.

Tapori

The dream would be if the club was supporter owned(and if all clubs were supporter owned) but, that is probably not possible at this point.
Agreed, but if we don't at least make an effort then we can't complain as "Customers." And we know United means more than that to many of us.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool were close to administration with that ownership group not comparable.
Yep, that was the opening.

What we could do was apply pressure for RBS to not be charitable in negotiating with g&h and make them inclined to look for a fan palatable solution without too much business cost and scare away any investors who g&h were hoping to refinance with. The rest was still in the hands of rbs. What decided it all was rbs securing board control for Martin Broughton when he came in as chairman.

We were literally less than 48 hours away from administration when the courts approved the sale.

Don't see the glazers having much trouble with their loans anytime soon.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Don't think anyone on here disagrees with you, but only thing we can do is wait for the club to detoriate to such a degree that the Glazers feels like it is time to sell.

The other options are not very likely (Massive fan protest, lobbying the 50+1 rule into English football, someone not from an oil state buys the club for the current market price etc).
Yep. While the Glazers can still glean money from the club, they will hold onto us. We will need to crash completely before they will sell. Then hopefully rise from the ashes.

Tapori

Yep, that was the opening.

What we could do was apply pressure for RBS to not be charitable in negotiating with g&h and make them inclined to look for a fan palatable solution without too much business cost and scare away any investors who g&h were hoping to refinance with. The rest was still in the hands of rbs. What decided it all was rbs securing board control for Martin Broughton when he came in as chairman.

We were literally less than 48 hours away from administration when the courts approved the sale.

Don't see the glazers having much trouble with their loans anytime soon.
Thanks and yeah, glazers have no financial incentive to change as even with a sale they cash in regardless.

RuudTom83

Whoever told Jose No! last summer, when he asked for a CB, should now be fired this summer!

Whoever is making the decisions at the club has done a terrible terrible job over the last 6 years...far worse than any of the 4 managers that have taken the blame in that time.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Woodward does a lot more than write the checks. He oversees or has full control off all ththe deals. That includes the stupid wages he gives, and prices he pays for players. He picks the mangers, he chooses when they should be fired. He chooses when they should be backed. And if it wasn’t clear before, it should be now that he’s putting his nose in footballing matters that he shouldn’t. Regardless of what you think about Jose Mourinho, how anyone can accept a fecking banker thinking he knows more about football than one of the best managers in the PL era, I don’t know.

No matter what else you think, you should know that Woodward is a massive knob that cares only about the money coming in. And even then, only in short term thinking. His long term is a fecking joke.
Finance guys overriding a manager's decision is nothing new. That is why clubs usually have a go between with a Director of Football or Sporting Director.

NoLogo

Whoever told Jose No! last summer, when he asked for a CB, should now be fired this summer!

Whoever is making the decisions at the club has done a terrible terrible job over the last 6 years...far worse than any of the 4 managers that have taken the blame in that time.
But, but, but they signed Jones to a new contract and he totally vindicated this decision today by showing that he could become a great championship CB in the future.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

People really think all the issue would go away if Mourinho just got his CB? City did not get Jorginho, Sanchez or Fred, Liverpool had to Fekir transfer blow up in hilarious fashion. No club gets to sign all the players they want.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Fully support this.
All you cynics underestimate the PR effect it has when a new GandG campaign is publicized by matchday fans and is beamed across the world; It's now or never really.

TBF 10 pounds from everyone around the world buys the club mathematically but it won't ever happen!

N.B - How many of us have shares? Could attend the AGM and protest and stream it.

Also, MUST have to step up or another group organises.
Organise and agitate.
Who'd call the shots ? I believe i should call the shots because i have 10 pounds stake in there.

DomesticTadpole

Finance guys overriding a manager's decision is nothing new. That is why clubs usually have a go between with a Director of Football or Sporting Director.
At least a DOF or Sporting Director can try to talk sense into the money men, rather than us letting someone who knows naff all about football overrule their managers.

Fosu-Mens

Yep. While the Glazers can still glean money from the club, they will hold onto us. We will need to crash completely before they will sell. Then hopefully rise from the ashes.
How bad? Relegation would certainly do it. The valueincrease in football globally have offset the incompetence at the club since 2010, but this could flat out.
If they want to get as much money as they could have got they would have sold us last summer summer, unless they think that we can easily get CL qual and flourish in the future. Or are they waiting for the new EPL and CL negotiations?

Based on some of the self proclaimed people with "inside info" they are actively looking to sell. Don't know how much to put in these rumors.

DomesticTadpole

How bad? Relegation would certainly do it. The valueincrease in football globally have offset the incompetence at the club since 2010, but this could flat out.
If they want to get as much money as they could have got they would have sold us last summer summer, unless they think that we can easily get CL qual and flourish in the future. Or are they waiting for the new EPL and CL negotiations?

Based on some of the self proclaimed people with "inside info" they are actively looking to sell. Don't know how much to put in these rumors.
If we are not in Europe, then the sponsorship deals, which are running this club, might start diminishing or disappearing altogether. That would hit them hard.

Tapori

Who'd call the shots ? I believe i should call the shots because i have 10 pounds stake in there.
Implying any shareholder owned plc doesn't have a system to elect directors and vote for strategy via a democratic system
You could perhaps read up on a variety of different fan-owned models from Real and Barca to the Bundesliga and beyond or how simple plc (which is what United was) functions.

Chairman Steve

The moment Ed sacks OGS (hopefully that doesn’t happen and OGS is a success long term) should be the moment he has to go.

I don’t think Moyes was entirely his decision, but LVG, Jose and OGS were appointments under his watch... That’s three strikes and out for me.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Implying any shareholder owned plc doesn't have a system to elect directors and vote for strategy via a democratic system
You could perhaps read up on a variety of different fan-owned models from Real and Barca to the Bundesliga and beyond or how simple plc (which is what United was) functions.
No thanks. I'm not sure fans are the best person to run a business.

Tapori

A recession is on the way in global finance. We must be prepared in any case when that forces their hand.
Anyway, hope whatever movement begins RedCafe can help. Good luck to you all and don't let any success detract from the fact that ultimately beyond the great game we all love, we are owned and run and will continue to be run for financial gain and nothing more.

Fosu-Mens

If we are not in Europe, then the sponsorship deals, which are running this club, might start diminishing or disappearing altogether. That would hit them hard.
True, but they have invested when there is danger of no europe for two seasons in a row.
I think that the question is wheter the dotoriation of the club is bigger than the increase in value of football globally? When this limit is crossed (with some margin) then they might do something.

Best thing to happen would be for one of the former greats state publicy(Twitter, pundit etc) that the owners does not really care about football, and their only goal is to make money. If this happened and it started trending with a number of journos/former players ganging up on the club... Then we might see a number of the fans do something (both local fans and in other countries).

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I genuinely think it is now in their best interests to sell. Question is who to.

RuudTom83

People really think all the issue would go away if Mourinho just got his CB? City did not get Jorginho, Sanchez or Fred, Liverpool had to Fekir transfer blow up in hilarious fashion. No club gets to sign all the players they want.
Yes Exactly! the point I was making.

Totally ignored the second paragraph. :rolleyes:

Champagne Football

I believe Woodward, Glazers and Ole can redeem themselves and slowly turn the car crash around by signing 6 of the best up and coming kids out there (forget about Hudson Odoi, Felix and Sancho) this summer who can break into the first XI within months.

Ben Godfrey, Steven Bergwijn , Milinkovic-Savic, Issa Diop etc

Promote our 3 best kids - Garner, Greenwood, Tuanzebe

And sign possibly one or two experienced gettable players - Zaha, Moussa Dembele of Lyon

Fosu-Mens

A recession is on the way in global finance. We must be prepared in any case when that forces their hand.
Anyway, hope whatever movement begins RedCafe can help. Good luck to you all and don't let any success detract from the fact that ultimately beyond the great game we all love, we are owned and run and will continue to be run for financial gain and nothing more.
Why would they sell the club if a recession hits? Given EPLs and this clubs global reach it is a relatively safe asset compared to tampa and their properties would take a hit.

DomesticTadpole

True, but they have invested when there is danger of no europe for two seasons in a row.
I think that the question is wheter the dotoriation of the club is bigger than the increase in value of football globally? When this limit is crossed (with some margin) then they might do something.

Best thing to happen would be for one of the former greats state publicy(Twitter, pundit etc) that the owners does not really care about football, and their only goal is to make money. If this happened and it started trending with a number of journos/former players ganging up on the club... Then we might see a number of the fans do something (both local fans and in other countries).
They are always on about social media etc. Well kids will start being attracted to the successful clubs and that will start diminishing as well, they need a steady stream of new fans. Those kids will know nothing about the glory days which are fading into the distant past.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
I think it’s a fair point. Success comes with a good manager who has good relations with the board. None of us understand the chemistry within the club. The top management is definitely part of the problem here.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I believe Woodward, Glazers and Ole can redeem themselves and slowly turn the car crash around by signing 6 of the best up and coming kids out there (forget about Hudson Odoi, Felix and Sancho) this summer who can break into the first XI within months.

Ben Godfrey, Steven Bergwijn , Milinkovic-Savic, Issa Diop etc

Promote our 3 best kids - Garner, Greenwood, Tuanzebe

And sign possibly one or two experienced gettable players - Zaha, Moussa Dembele of Lyon
5 years ago. We did exactly that.

Depay, blind, rojo, with senior star bfs and di maria. Same tune in promoting our youngster fosu mensah etc.

They all turned out to be crocks.

Tapori

Why would they sell the club if a recession hits? Given EPLs and this clubs global reach it is a relatively safe asset compared to tampa and their properties would take a hit.
Good point. They may though, if they are seeking to sell now, want to simply cash in. Selling United would allow them to purchase cheaper assets for when the economy picks up again but yes, it could also go the other way and force them to hold us an asset during the rough times ahead.
Fan protests and organizing it can be fruitful. Just has to be focused and directed well. Good luck.

Fosu-Mens

They are always on about social media etc. Well kids will start being attracted to the successful clubs and that will start diminishing as well, they need a steady stream of new fans. Those kids will know nothing about the glory days which are fading into the distant past.
That element will only become financially visible in the long term. Think more than 5 years.

Fosu-Mens

Good point. They may though, if they are seeking to sell now, want to simply cash in. Selling United would allow them to purchase cheaper assets for when the economy picks up again but yes, it could also go the other way and force them to hold us an asset during the rough times ahead.
Fan protests and organizing it can be fruitful. Just has to be focused and directed well. Good luck.
Haha. Need to be on social media to organize that. And hopefully have x number of followers, and have some connections or preferably being one of the old heroes. We could hope that Neville takes up the torch. One of the few currently not on the clubs payroll.

Maybe we could crowdfund the russian election interference team to f*ck the club. Creating bogus stories to turn the public more against the owners.

"Glazers listens to Nickelback"
"Woodward does not like Kebabs"

M16Red

Is there anyone else we can blame? Quick! The season is over, I think even the players are starting to figure out they are not good enough and there is something very wrong in this team.. I thought it was Jose, but now I think it's the players not given a flying F@@@ about UTD they just care about their money and image..

Reactions: golden_blunder

Fluctuation0161

Is there anyone else we can blame? Quick! The season is over, I think even the players are starting to figure out they are not good enough and there is something very wrong in this team.. I thought it was Jose, but now I think it's the players not given a flying F@@@ about UTD they just care about their money and image..
Its poor recruitment strategy for both managers and players. Spending £100's of million recruiting players for Possession based LVG. Then signing anti possession Jose and having to start again. Spending more 100's millions. These guys at the top dont understand football.

Selling our best players and not replacing them 2005 - 2013 so we could clear the dangerous level of debt they put on the club. Think of Ronaldo sold for £80m and then we got Valencia to replace him.

The end result of those strategies are upon us.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Christ, not this again. The Glazers have sunk 770M into this abyss of a club with nothing more than a league cup, fa cup and Europa league to show for it since Fergie left, they're not ideal owners but we could do a lot worse.