Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

wolvored

Depends who you believe really; Fergie often said he put more store by a handshake between gentlemen than a written contract and he claimed there was an unwritten agreement between him and the other guy regarding the horse and the other guy broke that agreement. Interestingly, after legal proceedings began the Irish guy asked to settle the matter out of court.
Where did it say that? I have never read anything about that.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I dont think the Super League will end up like the one proposed.

I think we'll see an extended Champions League where teams negotiate their own TV deals. Similar to the other proposals, I think it might be based off performances from the last 5 years which will allow for some movement between European and domestic competitions.

At the moment, It strikes me as the clubs wanting to see what they can get away with...
This. Its a chicken race on seeing who will blink first.

I bet one thing clubs want is to be able to sell their own live streams as a compromise. MUTV is the elephant in the room.

Spoony

The People's President
Big clubs must've wanted guaranteed CL places, fewer games and a bigger slice of the pie. I am sure most people's beef is the fact that the SL won't be a meritocracy and is just a cash cow for the big clubs and their owners to mint cash. Add the fact that there's no promotion and relegation, and it renders domestic leagues and the SL pointless in terms of serious competition. Football really has become a victim of its own success. I still don't think it'll happen though. It's a powerplay and demands will be met.

wolvored

FIFA should bring out a diktat that says any team that starts in this SL will be kicked out of all known domestic and international competition. Any player that plays in SL will be banned forever from the domestic and international competition. All clubs within 12 months must adapt the German model of 51% of the club must be fan owned. No one organisation or person can own more than 49%. Simplistic, but this is the only way to kill this dead.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
FIFA should bring out a diktat that says any team that starts in this SL will be kicked out of all known domestic and international competition. Any player that plays in SL will be banned forever from the domestic and international competition. All clubs within 12 months must adapt the German model of 51% of the club must be fan owned. No one organisation or person can own more than 49%. Simplistic, but this is the only way to kill this dead.
This.

Roboc7

Said for long term Glazers wouldn’t be selling because of potential of a Super League or ability to sell own TV rights. This is why they clung on, huge increase in dividends for them, can borrow more money to patch up stadium, attendances can drop and it won’t matter. No fear of missing out on cash irrespective of performance.

They want the benefits of the NFL but without the draft there’s no way to level it playing field every season. We’ll likely end up a middle of the road team in Super League and owners won’t make blind bit of difference to the owners.

Wewinsoon

Good luck on second part, FIFA would be sued, and clubs would band together and win.

clarkydaz

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/med...he-english-football-association-the-premier-/

"As previously announced by FIFA and the six Confederations, the clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams."
I fear this is all hollow threats. With the financial backing from JP Morgan you would expect they have legalities covered

red4ever 79

I second you sir

dabeast

+1

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Time for the players to speak up. I will forever respect anyone that does.

Grande

I repeat this.

dabeast

Glazers/Woodward are scumbags. SAF has come out against this, good for him. I feel sorry for the position Ole is in, will be tough for him to come out against this.

#GlazersOut

OverratedOpinion

They truly are dead set on dragging the name of Manchester United through the mud in as many ways possible to allow them to milk as much out of us as they can before they eventually sell for a massive profit.

I won't be attending another game under there ownership, I will watch streams because I can't help myself but won't contribute a penny to their TV rights. If piracy prevention methods get stronger then I will just go to a pub.

laughtersassassin

We had been warning everyone about Glazers and their ownership since Day 1.

Now look what they are a major part in doing

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Glazers/Woodward are scumbags. SAF has come out against this, good for him. I feel sorry for the position Ole is in, will be tough for him to come out against this.

#GlazersOut
Worst comes to worst, he resigns. He'll forever live as a legend after that.

I'm interested to see what Klopp does. He's been vocal against the idea in the past.

TrueRed79

Now everyone can understand why these leeches hung around so long. Lets Americanise European football. Absolute scum of the earth.

MattofManchester

It's not even Manchester United being dragged through the dirt anymore. It's football. It's tradition.

There needs to be internal voices against this. We know fans mean nothing to them, so who are going to be the ones to speak out?

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
This

Tincanalley

It's not even Manchester United being dragged through the dirt anymore. It's football. It's tradition.

There needs to be internal voices against this. We know fans mean nothing to them, so who are going to be the ones to speak out?
The Caf should go green and gold for a week

redmanx

Funny thing here is that Perez at Real seems to have had a lot to do with this. Real flushing down their CL legacy is strange to say the least. Glazers being leaches was never in doubt.
Nothing funny with that, as a greedy, grasping, selfish, money grabbing git Perez makes the Glazers look like amateurs!

redmanx

I dont think the Super League will end up like the one proposed.

I think we'll see an extended Champions League where teams negotiate their own TV deals. Similar to the other proposals, I think it might be based off performances from the last 5 years which will allow for some movement between European and domestic competitions.

At the moment, It strikes me as the clubs wanting to see what they can get away with...
It will end up like the NFL in USA with no relegation, ie a circus run by clowns like Perez and the Glazers.

K stand Red

Was Woodward at the game yesterday or was he ducking and diving and hiding away, hope when he turns up which ever ground it may be including Roma they let him take his seat and then get two huge bouncers and throw him out the ground in the most public way possible to meet an awaiting crowd on the forecourt of said ground

Tincanalley

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't think there's a football supporter on the planet that would disagree with that.

Tincanalley

Imagine having the club back and wearing the colours with pride and passion. I am Irish, but my uncles and aunts all ended up in Manchester. One uncle used go both to Maine Road and OT. The north of England has massive Irish working class associations. This has to be resisted by real fans with a real love of Manchester United. The Glazers are scum, from a different continent; they own it, but they don't care about it.