Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

gica_7

Look, I am a Turkish guy who fell in love with United when we came back 2-0 in Turin. I love United since then. It has given me joy and it has given me pain. But, I don't think I can nearly capture what it is like to be a true United fan compared to match goers, Manchester residents etc. Since Sir Alex is gone, this club has been more like a rich kid's badly treated toy. With Ole coming, my passion has started to come back step by step. And I can't even imagine how much it must hurt as a Manchester resident. It is shambles. These lot and Woodward has no sense of what this club is about. That rat Woodward can not even understand what Manchester United is about, even as good as me.

I know it is not possible but this should be the best opportunity for British government to regulate ownerships. Enough.

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
We need them out. They are destroying the very fabric of what our values as a club are. We are the greatest club in England and it is our duty to protect and preserve the lower divisions. How many of our ex players go on to captain other sides years after they leave us? How many youth prospects who we trained but made a career at lower league clubs? How many of our greatest legends were nurtured at those smaller clubs? feck the glazers and feck Ed woodward

redmanx

I don't think there's a football supporter on the planet that would disagree with that.
Some years ago when a similar super league was being promoted FIFA came out and decreed that all players playing for clubs that joined it would be banned from representing their countries in International matches. They should do so again and maybe it will the effect of making the players think twice, those of them of course who are not totally committed to making as much money as they can from football while giving the finger to the fans.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Think about this. The other clubs, West Ham, Leicester, Leeds, will compete for the title. Same in Spain. This could raise their profile and their earnings. All depends on how other dealings go. Whole thing could be a massive disaster for the likes of the Glazers. They are not half as smart as they think they are.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Manchester United Red Devils will be a franchise soon.

Only going by Red Devil’s in 5-10 years.

Look, I am a Turkish guy who fell in love with United when we came back 2-0 in Turin. I love United since then. It has given me joy and it has given me pain. But, I don't think I can nearly capture what it is like to be a true United fan compared to match goers, Manchester residents etc. Since Sir Alex is gone, this club has been more like a rich kid's badly treated toy. With Ole coming, my passion has started to come back step by step. And I can't even imagine what it must feel like a Manchester resident. It is shambles. These lot and Woodward has no sense of what this club is about. That rat Woodward can not even understand what Manchester United is about, even as good as me.

I know it is not possible but this should be the best opportunity for British government to regulate ownerships. Enough.
You've supported the club for over 20 years, you're a true supporter!!

Grande

Look, I am a Turkish guy who fell in love with United when we came back 2-0 in Turin. I love United since then. It has given me joy and it has given me pain. But, I don't think I can nearly capture what it is like to be a true United fan compared to match goers, Manchester residents etc. Since Sir Alex is gone, this club has been more like a rich kid's badly treated toy. With Ole coming, my passion has started to come back step by step. And I can't even imagine what it must feel like a Manchester resident. It is shambles. These lot and Woodward has no sense of what this club is about. That rat Woodward can not even understand what Manchester United is about, even as good as me.

Well spoken.

croadyman

We need them out. They are destroying the very fabric of what our values as a club are. We are the greatest club in England and it is our duty to protect and preserve the lower divisions. How many of our ex players go on to captain other sides years after they leave us? How many youth prospects who we trained but made a career at lower league clubs? How many of our greatest legends were nurtured at those smaller clubs? feck the glazers and feck Ed woodward
They have already destroyed it and this is a big nail in the coffin

NoLogo

If you want to know what the reaction might be check out the Spurs Twitter account and see how well the announcement was received on there. They know it's highly unpopular but they all count on the fans love for their club being stronger in the end and swallow this pill as we did every with every other pill they gave us. I hope they are wrong and fall flat on their dumb cnut faces with this stunt.

padzilla

Hipster
Green and gold protests once the stadiums are open to fans again. No surprise this stunt has been pulled when fans can't voice disapproval at matches.

Wilbursaurus

Get them out. This is the final straw for me. It's now got to the stage that either they go or I go. Parasites who are well and truly one of the big players in this disgusting stunt.

R'hllor

This could be done in stages, first this abomination, then franchise model complete, then they move whole thing somewhere else but hey who cares, as long certain portion of fans think its worth it due money recieved, elitism and desire to watch only elite clubs, lets see how spineless people are.

Reiver

Yes, strange timing, they didn’t wait the end of the season
I was thinking the same. The main reason I can think of is that some of the founding members - maybe Barca, Juve - are quite desperate to bring it forward for financial reasons.

Kaos

Get the parasites out. At least with City and Chelsea the owners invest into their respective clubs and have aspirations to win the biggest prizes. We're stuck with these lepers who only think to leech the club dry and now they want us to join this circus.

RatPack

Almost 40 years as a Man Utd fan. But guess this is it.
This is no longer a football club this i just another business.
These games in the super league will have no more meaning than a simple training match.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If I could kick Joel Glazer square in the nuts I would never stop. I'd be like a nodding duck toy of nut kicking.

arthurka

Not that I am trying to defend anything here but let´s not act as this comes a surprise.
The CL has been this competition for years channeling money to the big clubs but the big clubs want to cut out the middle man.
UEFA and FIFA aren´t really any angels themselves..

The notion of football being anything else than money driven died years ago thanks to the likes of UEFA, FA (under Scudamore) and FIFA who has been trying to get in on the Big club competition stage for years.
These owners had nothing to do with that, now see what we have done Dr. Frankenstein !

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
If this super league eventuates, it will mark the end of my support for a club I’ve followed feverishly for 30 years.

I’ve been to countless league and European games and those memories will be with me forever.

Football was my main reprieve through the pandemic, but it seems to have now fully fallen into the capitalistic clutches of the greedy and rich.

Perhaps the most painful part of this entire ordeal is the implicit awareness from all club owners that no fan inspired protest will be concerted enough to make an indelible impact.

We’ve been ruthlessly cast aside and forgotten.

Crustanoid

These chumps have no interest in the club and never have done, beyond making money off us. Joel Glazer is widely being quoted as instrumental in the idea. To make more money. Him and his family treat the millions of fans who line their pockets with utter contempt, with the by-product of destroying all other clubs and competitions.

I wish there was a way of removing greedy owners, but the blind eye the PL, UEFA and FIFA have turned for years have enabled this

thebelfastboy

These chumps have no interest in the club and never have done, beyond making money off us. Joel Glazer is widely being quoted as instrumental in the idea. To make more money. Him and his family treat the millions of fans who line their pockets with utter contempt, with the by-product of destroying all other clubs and competitions.

I wish there was a way of removing greedy owners, but the blind eye the PL, UEFA and FIFA have turned for years have enabled this
It's worse then turning a blind eye. They have facilitated it and it's came back to bite them.

I think I'm done. The genie is out of the bottle and they've shown their true colors. I don't see how they can even heal the damage that they've caused.

Absolute fecking leeches. Fuming.

Reactions: Livvie

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Apparently Woody was at a Champions League meeting last week, talking through plans for the new CL format.

Sneaky fecker.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
So we’ve seen protesting at the stadium doesn’t matter. They aren’t ever there.

Major trending online doesn’t work it’s just ignored. Twitter FB insta outrage is just brushed off

Is there anything else beyond getting organised and boycotting the products they are try to sell you? Anything with the stocks that mobilised fans could take advantage of ? Money and the sheer size and scope of our fan base are their weaknesses.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Money and the sheer size and scope of our fan base are their weaknesses.
The mindless unquestioning loyalty of the fanbase will see them through. In economic terms, the demand for the product they are selling is highly inelastic relative to the quality of the product.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Why would anyone pay a debt when the interest rates are at an all-time low?
They’re probably not paying current interest rates unless they secretly refinanced, which I don’t think they could do since they are a public company. I would imagine the loans have a fixed rate.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I wonder if the Red Knights, the consortium seeking to buy the club not so long ago, will find their interest rekindled following this news. There is certainly a window of opportunity open right now.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Apparently Woody was at a Champions League meeting last week, talking through plans for the new CL format.

Sneaky fecker.
The blatant audacity of those involved. Possibly the slimiest thing I've ever witnessed.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Look, I am a Turkish guy who fell in love with United when we came back 2-0 in Turin. I love United since then. It has given me joy and it has given me pain. But, I don't think I can nearly capture what it is like to be a true United fan compared to match goers, Manchester residents etc. Since Sir Alex is gone, this club has been more like a rich kid's badly treated toy. With Ole coming, my passion has started to come back step by step. And I can't even imagine how much it must hurt as a Manchester resident. It is shambles. These lot and Woodward has no sense of what this club is about. That rat Woodward can not even understand what Manchester United is about, even as good as me.

Beautifully put.

Sneaky fecker.
He is a fecking rat of the highest order, scum, a treacherous parasitic tick on the arse of humanity. feck him all the way to hell.

freeurmind

weak willed
Anyone and anything who still defends these disaster of owners is not fit enough to call themselves a Manchester United supporter.

Jezpeza

I said for years this was just a sports franchise and earner for the glazers.

where are all the people who trashed that and talked about how good they were for the club and what great owners they are now?