Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Anyone who supports the Glazers, is on instant ignore from me. Fed up.

Infra-red

The Glazers are clearly one of the main forces behind this. It’s them, JP Morgan, Agnelli and Perez - there’s a quadrumvirate of evil axis for you.
Woodward's former employers. They also got the debt financing together for the Glazers' takeover of United.

This has Ed & Joel's fingerprints all over it. Joel Glazer as Vice President ffs.

Scholesgoals

Look, I am a Turkish guy who fell in love with United when we came back 2-0 in Turin. I love United since then. It has given me joy and it has given me pain. But, I don't think I can nearly capture what it is like to be a true United fan compared to match goers, Manchester residents etc. Since Sir Alex is gone, this club has been more like a rich kid's badly treated toy. With Ole coming, my passion has started to come back step by step. And I can't even imagine how much it must hurt as a Manchester resident. It is shambles. These lot and Woodward has no sense of what this club is about. That rat Woodward can not even understand what Manchester United is about, even as good as me.

I know it is not possible but this should be the best opportunity for British government to regulate ownerships. Enough.
I don't really understand what keeps guys like you connected, but my dude you're on my rollercoaster too and you're very much welcome. I feel like I am disconnected from this club now in the same way and am not sure why i would continue to bother.

Oliver_

Goodbye Mr Woodward and Glazers

Finally the start of the End for them lot

gica_7

I don't really understand what keeps guys like you connected, but my dude you're on my rollercoaster too and you're very much welcome. I feel like I am disconnected from this club now in the same way and am not sure why i would continue to bother.
Well, once you love football and once you love a club since you are 8 years old, it is difficult to disconnect. Trust me, I really really enjoyed 99', I really enjoyed our comeback with Rooney-Ronaldo and for the thousands of events that I can count now. I live United as much as a guy that can live thousands of kilometers away. But I do, I love United. When I visited Old Trafford back in 2014, I was like a child in a candy store.

However seeing all the news today, all the pictures of laughing Glazers makes me want to throw up. This is the most blatant insult to any club can give to its fans. Not that they care, American can understand nothing about the passion we have for football. The way they see sports is a lot different than we have. For them it is an event, for us it is a passion. That's why Stan Kroenke can not understand the backlash against it.

We do not have any voice in this. That's the most idiotic part of being a passionate football fan. It's illogical. But, this might be an opportunity to turn the tide against owners. Don't know how and I know it is almost impossible. Historically British governments can take the pragmatic actions in difficult situations. This might be the last chance to take any kind of action against ownership model.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
This is the transition from defence to attack. The Glazers had to do something like this to really capitalise (I know, I know they have taken a lot already), otherwise is it truly worth the hassle? This moment of taking over the actual game is both their greatest opportunity and their greatest moment of vulnerablity. JP Morgan cred on the line. Also how good are they at strategy. Anything you can do, anything you can post, or protest or flag or tweet or like, do it. Contact MP's, tweet players and ex players. Take down the flags. Turn the Caf Green

Fully Fledged

Like other people on here and I have said at work today. We asked for help from the EPL/FA/UEFA to stop the Glazers from taking over our club and banging us into massive debt but they didn't seem to care that these scumbags were potentially destroying one of if not the biggest name in the sport. When they drew hundreds of millions out of the club nobody outside of the fanbase cared.

They were and are greedy b'studs but nobody else cared about that until they started to threaten their club.

redmanx

That has to be a bad joke. I refuse to believe that is not a joke.
Busby was all for expanding football and the European game but his vision was one of competition between clubs not a circus where there is no competition and no relegationor promotion. If "senior sources" are trying to compare Busbys vision with the Glazers greed and contempt for the game then they are utterly and hoplessly wrong and out of step with the fans and the game.

redmanx

Proof that Ed did the job he was hired to do. Scum.
EUFA President Aleksander Ceferin has now proved to the world that Ed Woodward is a lying, two faced devious shite by revealing that just days ago Woodward told him that as Uniteds Executive Vice Chairman he was satisfied with EUFAs proposed changes and revamp of the CL while clearly the two faced twat had already sold his unworthy soul to the Super League idea. I, like 99% of United supporters, never ever trusted Woodward and this proves we were right not to. EUFA are now threatening to ban super league players from representing their countries. Good, but they should go further and ban them from playing for any EUFA or FIFA afilliated clubs. What price loyalty?

lysglimt

Scout
I wonder how many of the managers of the Super Clubs will resign - I simply can't see Klopp accepting this, and I don't really know about OGS either. I know people he think he is a yes-man, but he was one of few players who openly opposed the Glazer-takeover, I just don't see him accepting this

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

There will be no resignations until it actually gets confirmed as happening. Right now its about to get hit with 100 legal challenges. If it gets through that then sure we might see one or two take the moral high ground and then join the biggest club remaining. They certainly won't drop down the divisions for the love of the game.

Maticmaker

In my life I have come across only three kinds of people in regard to football; those who love it, those who like it, a bit, and those who hate it!
I can't see anybody in the first two groups paying good money to watch this non-competition game of football supposedly being developed as a Super League and the third group wouldn't watch football if it were free... so how are they going to make money?

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

In my life I have come across only three kinds of people in regard to football; those who love it, those who like it, a bit, and those who hate it!
I can't see anybody in the first two groups paying good money to watch this non-competition game of football supposedly being developed as a Super League and the third group wouldn't watch football if it were free... so how are they going to make money?
Maybe you don't understand marketing pal. This will get all the bells and whistles and the masses will be drawn to it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wasnt enough for them to drag the club through the mud but now they're leading all this to kill elite European football. It's fecking disgusting.

kozmik

I'm a long time lurker on the caf, but never really got going in terms of posting. But now I feel I really have to say something, even if it matters very little.

A few words just to make where I'm coming from clear, not trying to start any fights with those who see things differently. Over the years, I've been mildly supportive of the Glazers. It's been obvious that their main priority is profits, but all in all we've seen good levels of investment in the squad post-Fergie and it's been fairly obvious that the main problems haven't been with the level of investment, but rather managerial recruitment, scouting system etc. and I think it's fair to say we've seen some improvement in this regard. Even though we haven't looked like we desperately want to win titles, I feel that there has been a clear and continuing attempt to keep us at least somewhat competitive, even if it has been of the selfish reason of keeping profits up.

But this... I will never, ever be able to forgive them for even attempting this, let alone if they actually manage to pull this off. Trying to play a "moral high ground" card by invoking the name of Sir Matt borders on the sacrilegious, he would never have stood for a rich boys club where you can rake in the revenue year on year without any demands on actually being competitive on a sporting level. It's clear what they're after - bigger revenue from TV and streaming services without the risk of missing out if investment in the playing squad is neglected. If domestic football stands in the way of that, then domestic football be damned. They don't give a toss about competing with the best of the best, on the contrary, they're looking to eliminate the need to compete. It goes against everything Manchester United stands for, hell, it goes against everything football and sport in general stands for. Geoff Bent, Roger Byrne, Eddie Colman, Duncan Edwards, Mark Jones, David Pegg, Tommy Taylor, Billy Whelan - eight men who literally gave their lives in the pursuit of ultimate football glory while getting paid 15 pounds a week. Glazers and Woodward have stood on their graves, pulled their pants down, taken a massive dump and now they're laughing about it. It's an insult and an embarrassment on a level I would never have imagined any football club, let alone my beloved United would even be able to sink to.

I'm what some would consider a part of the problem - an armchair fan living 1000 miles from Old Trafford only ever watching games on TV or online. But United means, or at least has meant, more to me than anything else related to any sport, including our national football team, for over 20 years. Today I almost feel like a part of my life - the part where watching United and celebrating or suffering with them is the highlight of my week - is over and another one has begun. I can't imagine what this is like for the actual match going fans and I feel for you. A lot.

The Glazers and Woodward are a cancer, an existential threat to United as we know and love it and a menace to English and European football and the spirit of sport in general. For the good of everyone who loves football, they need to be driven out, the sooner the better. If only there was a way.

Maticmaker

Maybe you don't understand marketing pal. This will get all the bells and whistles and the masses will be drawn to it.
Really?
Yes of course it will get the 'Disney World/3-Ringed Circus' treatment, but if the clubs are just cut free from competitive arenas where is the staying power?

The PL succeeded because it was competitive as a league as numerous clubs have shown.
Films about football, i.e. the 'Roy of the Rovers' stuff only was successful because there was a 'real life' competitive backcloth.
Mind you scanning the TV schedules lately and watching the dross over multiple channels.... maybe you have a point!! :rolleyes:

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
No wonder they refused any hint of an offer, they were never going to sell when they knew they were setting themselves up to make more money than they could ever dream of without even having to play football to earn it. No more top 4 worries, guaranteed money whether your shite or not. The day American billionaires bought our clubs we should have known this was going to happen. I feel sorry for Liverpool too, imagine singing "you will never walk alone" and being part of an elitist money grabbing cheating lobby.

Mindhunter

Supporting the ESL != Supporting the Glazers.

I want them out as soon as possible but I am fully in favour of ESL. We must act now before clubs like Newcastle United take away the CL spots permanently.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Let's face it UEFA have had their snouts in the trough for decades doing little but lining their pockets. This proposal is just doing to them what the Premier League did to the FA. It's hard to care about that. If we get to play Barcelona twice a year then that's quite attractive.

The big difference is no relegation. That's an abomination brought in from America. No one can support that.

redmanx

Really?
Yes of course it will get the 'Disney World/3-Ringed Circus' treatment, but if the clubs are just cut free from competitive arenas where is the staying power?

The PL succeeded because it was competitive as a league as numerous clubs have shown.
Films about football, i.e. the 'Roy of the Rovers' stuff only was successful because there was a 'real life' competitive backcloth.
Mind you scanning the TV schedules lately and watching the dross over multiple channels.... maybe you have a point!! :rolleyes:
Ive been to American Gridiron football matches and it has to be said its a great day out, but the actual game, which is 80 minutes consisting of 4 twenty minute segments, is tedious beyond belief with stoppages every 2/3 minutes, time outs and innumerable changes to personel. This isnt competitive sport as we know it its "sporting entertainment" along the lines of that dreadful pro wrestling the Yanks seem to love. When the US staged the World Cup some years ago they wanted to make the games 80 minutes long divided into 4 twenty minute sections for the sake of TV advertizing. FIFA said "no" and that was an end to it but if this super league happens US TV and advertising revenue, supported by the banks, will have their way and football will become as bland and boring as gridiron, but very very lucrative!

SER19

Joel Glazer. Vice chairman of the 'biggest club tournament in the world'. Think of how wrong that is. It's a coup

redmanx

Let's face it UEFA have had their snouts in the trough for decades doing little but lining their pockets. This proposal is just doing to them what the Premier League did to the FA. It's hard to care about that. If we get to play Barcelona twice a year then that's quite attractive.

The big difference is no relegation. That's an abomination brought in from America. No one can support that.
Somebody has to run football and though both EUFA and FIFA are far from perfect, ditto the FA, they've tried to ensure support for groundroots football continues, while lining their own pockets as you say. But this so called super league will be an abhorent aberration, a bastard son of American Gridiron and Baseball where the same teams play each other year in year out with very little actual competition or competitiveness and at the end of each season one is proclaimed "World Champion"

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.

You are contradicting yourself. We cannot be guaranteed to play Barcelona twice a year with relegation, because we are simply not good enough for that. So you cannot like unchecked privilege and also call 'no relegation' an abomination.

Pyro19

I hope this crashes and burns. Glazers and Woodward being outed for what they truly are - SCUM

Okey

I suppose this was what the protest was all about when they were taking over. That we would end up becoming all about the money and lose our soul. Here we are finally. I'm happy with the overwhelming opposition from fans. Luckily there will have to be a separate payment to attend these games if indeed it goes ahead. The strongest statement would be for all season ticket holders to opt out, and urge others not to buy. Let's see how they pay back JP Morgan Chase.

Shiva87

Really?

The problem is money for the domestic leagues. They cannot afford to lose their top clubs and these guys know it. They will do whatever it takes to keep them in the competition.

The whole thing is now a game of chess. The 12 clubs have made their move, and everyone else is seething. Unless football comes together and says that we don't care about the money - this is going to go through.

The FA will cut a deal with the ESL clubs which compensates them for the loss of PL revenue, and that will be that. It's now a situation where 3 football associations hold the key to the future of competitive football.

I really thinks it's time that the governments in these countries invoke some archaic sovereign powers, and nationalise these clubs. The owners should be stripped of their ownership and be left with nothing. Let the game turn on its head.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I suppose if you look at America moving franchises from one city to another to tap into bigger support it won't be long before the Glaziers try to move United to Shanghai