Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Damage to the club? The Glazers will sell the club as soon as it's lost its marketability. United in the Championship? As far fetched as that can be, I don't mind it at all personally.

Look at Glasgow Rangers. They had to dissolve and were banished to the lower rungs of Scottish football. But they came back, largely with the spirit of the old football club intact.

I might be a bit naive here, of course.
Wanting positive change does not make you naive.

You might not always end up with the desired result but doing nothing is guaranteed to end with the what we know now will be a Super League, sooner or later and United will be in it.

The guy above trying to guilt-trip you into supproting the Glazers' cause is the naive one, whose blinkered idea of what the club is all about is as short-term as it gets. Him/her talking about what makes a true supporter is peak irony.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Because by still controlling it, they can take out more profits in the long-run, sort out lucrative sponsorships, and (luckily not) propose stupid ideas like the ESL, which in turn makes them even more money.

I do not under any circumstance understand how the Glazers were able to take over United in the way they were. What's stopping anyone from hypothetically doing the same? I mean take out a huge loan and transfer it to the club, the glazers unwillingness to sell or the straight up illegality of it?
Because I think the bank were seduced by the idea of a franchise. I don't think they wanted to keep the status quo. I think destorying the market creating the excuse was what got them the backing. They could have got the loan but banks are very greedy. They're scum bascially. People don't get nationalism is hated.....it's now a bad thing...and so why not move United to Asia?....they don't care about the nation or the legacy supporters....

There is always a new market to create and exploit. They don't think like 'normal' people. They're out of touch and from a different planet.

dabeast

This protest was absolutely brilliant strategy.

1. This is the closest game in England to El Classico, so most likely to be covered by global media.
2. They actually lulled people into complacency during last week’s protest outside Old Trafford that was peaceful and relatively sparsely attended
3. They protested at the hotel where the players sleep before home games as well as at the ground.
4. Once inside the ground they were just fans - a little vandalism, filmed as happy to be there, stealing a corner flag and balls.
5. They did enough to get the game canceled.
6. Now, the rescheduled game will have a huge spotlight on it . The Glazers will have to do something substantial before it like make a commitment to ownership change, spending etc or that game too might be in jeopardy.
7. The glee, vandalism and little bit of rioting made our primarily adrenaline-fueled global fan base identify with the rioters.
8. It is done on a game that doesn’t matter for us having basically secured CL and 2nd place but one that Liverpool, our main rivals, desperately needs to win and thus messes with their heads.
9. It is very close to the end of season and summer’s transfer window so the ownership will have to spend during it or fear even worse stuff.
10. And it shows up Liverpool’s own protest as being relatively half-baked.

My salute to you all, I have never been more proud to be a Red!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This protest was absolutely brilliant strategy.

1. This is the closest game in England to El Classico, so most likely to be covered by global media.
2. They actually lulled people into complacency during last week’s protest outside Old Trafford that was peaceful and relatively sparsely attended
3. They protested at the hotel where the players sleep before home games as well as at the ground.
4. Once inside the ground they were just fans - a little vandalism, filmed as happy to be there, stealing a corner flag and balls.
5. They did enough to get the game canceled.
6. Now, the rescheduled game will have a huge spotlight on it . The Glazers will have to do something substantial before it like make a commitment to ownership change, spending etc or that game too might be in jeopardy.
7. The glee, vandalism and little bit of rioting made our primarily adrenaline-fueled global fan base identify with the rioters.
8. It is done on a game that doesn’t matter for us having basically secured CL and 2nd place but one that Liverpool, our main rivals, desperately needs to win and thus messes with their heads.
9. It is very close to the end of season and summer’s transfer window so the ownership will have to spend during it or fear even worse stuff.
10. And it shows up Liverpool’s own protest as being relatively half-baked.

My salute to you all, I have never been more proud to be a Red!
I wouldn't go this far. A couple of people were badly injured, which is a terrible reflection on the fans and the club.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Extremely I'd say.

I don't understand why any true supporter wants to see damage done to United just to rid us of owners who, realistically, could be far better than any alternative. I also don't see any clear objective to these protests, what is the end game?
I'm just sick and tired of seeing the Glazers profiting of many people's love for the club to be honest.

Being that I've already seen us win enough trophies for the memories to last a lifetime, I'm a little bit selfish in terms of not being too bothered about what happens to the footballing side of the club when I say I want the club to be rid of the Glazers. That is the end game here: To be rid of the Glazers.

Slysi17

I reckon the Glazers will sell up. Unlike the previous times, fans won't forgive them and won't relent.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm just sick and tired of seeing the Glazers profiting of many people's love for the club to be honest.

Being that I've already seen us win enough trophies for the memories to last a lifetime, I'm a little bit selfish in terms of not being too bothered about what happens to the footballing side of the club when I say I want the club to be rid of the Glazers. That is the end game here: To be rid of the Glazers.
I dont know how these things work - is it possible we go back to being a company owned by the public?

Or do we always have to be bought by a single person or family as an ownership from now on?

alexthelion

Tucker Carlson logic right there.

The club wont go under because some bloke stole the corner flag
Not that, but all those calling for financial/reputational damage in order to be rid of the Glazers. Just how much damage are they willing to do?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Not that, but all those calling for financial/reputational damage in order to be rid of the Glazers. Just how much damage are they willing to do?
As much as it takes and its not going to be any worse than the financial damage the Glazers are already doing

And what reputational damage? Pretty much every football fan on the planet think Glazers are cnuts, so the vast majority will be symphstetic towards the protestors, not the owners.

If anything, this will boost the clubs reputation as it proves we have passionate fans who are willing to get off their arses instead of just doing tame online campaigns

red4ever 79

I reckon the Glazers will sell up. Unlike the previous times, fans won't forgive them and won't relent.
Fans have never forgiven them. The big difference nowadays is social media. Take the protest yesterday, how many people were invited via twitter or got to hear about it via social media. Social media generates a big platform for fans to come together in a much more organised manner

dabeast

Cheapo Glazers. Will buy Sancho to pacify fans this summer for GBP 78m. Had they spent 26m more (total of 104m) before August 10, 2020, we would have been likely PL and possibly CL winners. Each of those is worth 100m and 150m respectively.

Penny wise and pound foolish” is too verbose. Use just one word - Glazer.

In a sentence: “John doesn’t choose buy one get one free deals, he is such a Glazer.”

Crustanoid

Cheapo Glazers. Will buy Sancho to pacify fans this summer for GBP 78m. Had they spent 26m more (total of 104m) before August 10, 2020, we would have been likely PL and possibly CL winners. Each of those is worth 100m and 150m respectively.

Penny wise and pound foolish” is too verbose. Use just one word - Glazer.

In a sentence: “John doesn’t choose buy one get one free deals, he is such a Glazer.”
“The kids looked so expectant this Christmas morning when I came downstairs. When I told them I’d sold all their much loved possessions, apart from the shit ones that are broken, and then bought some of them back for more money they looked so gutted. As I walked away with a sizeable chunk of the proceeds in my back pocket, plus some documentation of loans taken out in their name to pay for stuff I want I gave a little chuckle. I had had fully Glazered them.”

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We are likely to lose our spot for revenue generation for the first time since I can remember.

'77FACup

And they’re probably waiting for Greater Manchester Mayor Burnham to refurbish Old Trafford so they don’t have spend any money themselves and get their full dividends after using the current one to pay the fine

McTerminator

For the last 5 years, Man City owners only put in 58mil funds into the club. This is fecking dodgy.
well City got all of their money from dodgy sponsorship deals which is the real way the owners have invested.

When Fifa called them on it they bought a bunch of the world’s best lawyers and steamrolled them.

It was the day money finally beat football.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

For all the vitriol the Glazers get (deserved), why does no one mention the two Irish blokes who sold their shares to them? John Magnier and JP McManus equally deserve blame for their role as well.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Interesting poll. No idea the sample size for each team but less than 10% approval for Man Utd seems right.

AneRu

Ed is supposed to be leaving soon isn't he? Let's see if that actually happens
I'm beginning to suspect that we won't see the back of him when the time comes and this summer coupled with a couple of good seasons could temper the animosity towards him. Come to think of it he has kept Ole where most could have sacked him in 2019 and he has backed him to a point where we have a bona-fide top three team in terms of quality whilst the fallout from ESL debacle has died down and the DOF is in place. He is no longer under pressure and he seems to have finally found his feet in the role.

Crustanoid

Interesting poll. No idea the sample size for each team but less than 10% approval for Man Utd seems right.

82% of City fans condone mass murder and severe human rights infringements. Figures. I guess at least in terms of actual numbers of people it’s only 4 or 5 though.